Poll: How should bathrooms and changing rooms be separated (outside of parent+young child scenarios)
Separated by sex
Separated by gender
Other (read my post to see!)
[Show Results]

Sex and Bathrooms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2016, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 08:44 AM by Mittens Deluxe.)
RE: Sex and Bathrooms
I'm thinking we should have unisex bathrooms or just let people use the bathrooms they identify as, because it is a legitimate problem FOR transgender people, who need to use the bathroom, not for your average cis man or woman. Transgender people are the ones who need to be protected from straight people. The male to female transgender people who, sometimes pass as female and sometimes don't, are subject to being beaten by transphobic or homophobic men in bathrooms. This is an artificial issue, propagated by fundamentalists and politicians who probably have some ulterior motive up their sleeve.

It also kills me that people still conflate pedophilia with transgender and homosexuality. There's people who are perfectly content, cis people, perfectly content with praying on their own gender. What's to stop a predatory heterosexual pedophile from praying on little boys? What's to stop the fucking catholic church from praying on little boys? I'm not even trying to shoot fish in a barrel here, I'm saying if the republicans followed their own logic for this issue, they would fucking ban priests, because that's a more endemic issue than transgender people sharing bathrooms has fucking EVER been.

Trans people have been sharing bathrooms for since the dawn of time, it's only now that you're hearing about it because it's an artificial issue. The world has much more important things that we can be focusing on, but we're wasting our time in non issues.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mittens Deluxe's post
14-05-2016, 10:37 PM
(03-02-2016 10:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I thought egalitarian was the word for equality

It is, but just you wait. Give it long enough and we'll have people out there calling themselves 'egalitarians' and yet wanting to be more equal than others. Then you can put on your 'WTF mate' face every time someone goes on a anti-egalitarian rant because some people are taking it too far!

The pitfalls of being a movement instead of a club; there is no control on membership. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-05-2016, 05:23 PM
I use the men's bathroom. I don't care who else uses it just as long as they leave it clean.
16-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Sex and Bathrooms
If a transgendered person commits a crime and goes to prison, what cell do they put them in?
16-05-2016, 09:55 AM
If I'm in a stall and/or they're in a stall, neither of us can see what the other is doing. If I'm at the urinal, I don't care about what clothes the other "guy" is wearing.

Oh crap!
18-05-2016, 04:10 PM
I am for letting people take a piss.
The whole bathroom debate is just to turn US-citizens' minds away from actual problems. Why not do some hate and fear mongering, it makes is easier to rule the people. Has worked for a long time. Keeps working fine.

So yea. Let people piss, move on.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
18-05-2016, 04:15 PM
This is a tee pee in which to wee wee, not a wigwam to beat your tom tom!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
18-05-2016, 04:18 PM
(15-05-2016 05:23 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I use the men's bathroom. I don't care who else uses it just as long as they leave it clean.

When I have to take a dump it means I literally have to take a dump like in a minute or two at max. If the men's stall is occupied I'll use the woman's room. Figure I'm doing everybody a favor. Especially the janitors.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post