Sex and Terrorism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Sex and Terrorism.
You know the world is going to shit when global politics starts to impact your sex life.

Pre-amble:
So I got a concerned PM from Full Circle drawing my attention to this Reuters article:

Quote:"Terrorists may be planning attacks in and around Kuala Lumpur. Attacks could be indiscriminate and may target Western interests or locations frequented by Westerners,"

This, like an epiphany, explained two things:

1. Why there have been, for the last month, four blokes with guns (2 x army and 2 x police) hanging around (ominously) at the shopping/office/restaurant complex right next to my apartment block.

[Image: BN-LJ352_malsec_P_20151120030208.jpg]

2. Why, just hours before, one of my friends declined an invitation (reneged on her promise) to come and stay for a few days after she'd finished her final exams saying "It's dangerous there", "So I don't want to go there".

Until I read the article, I had no idea what she meant. I also assumed the unusual security presence was something to do with a visiting dignitary ... which happens quite regularly here.

Amble:
So, here's the thing. In my view, when someone is too scared to travel, the terrorists have already won.

Sure, I was pissed off at missing out on some great sex but more shocked at her response to this threat.

I grew up in the UK in the 70s-80s under the IRA threat. We saw reports of "The Troubles" on the news almost daily and I learned words like "sectarian violence" and we had debates in school and stuff. For most people life just carried on as usual and the general mood was "if we change the way we behave, we let the terrorists win".

That was our attitude but I realise that it's silly of me to think that everyone else should be the same.

Post-amble:

Then another thought occurred to me... Right next to the aforementioned complex is a swanky night-club (Porsches and Lamborghinis parked outside). I haven't been in there yet - but it's just the place my friend would love to be seen in, so I was going to take her there ... and to the beach ... and to some other touristy places.

In other words, I'd planned to take her to exactly the decadent, busy locations that could be the targets for nutcases with strap-ons of mass destruction.

The risk (likelihood) of anything happening to either of us is low (slightly higher at said club or beach), but how would I feel if I took her there and something did happen that resulted in injury or death.

That gave me pause.

For me, the threat is likely to make me more stubborn and more likely to go (hence accepting some work in Pakistan when other trainers have refused to go) but putting someone else in a situation of potential danger ... not so sure about that.

Consider

I'd welcome your opinions.

Thanks.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2016, 03:02 AM
RE: Sex and Terrorism.
Her choice not to come. I've never been exploded by a bomb so for me I think the threat is minimal.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-03-2016, 03:04 AM
I don't really know how would I react as situation is pretty abstract for me - Poland isn't exactly high on terrorist priority list despite some of our politicians may have thought.

So being entirely safe I say that I find it unlikely that I would change my behavior, but who know what would I do in case of real threat. Having said that attitude of Brits you're describing was sensible - if one of terrorists objectives is sowing fear then acting afraid is a win for them. So life should continue as normal, but again I say this from safety of my home.

As for other person I would not encourage visit in place that is potentially threatened, but I would not discourage it either. Informing that threat exist (if that's the case) and leaving decision to said person is something that I would do.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
03-03-2016, 04:42 AM
Fuck her, I'll come visit ya. That way if I get blown up you wont feel bad because it's me. Big Grin
I will haunt your ass though. And no sex.

edit: Had a quick look at flight prices. It's actually rather affordable to fly to Singapore. Bonus of living near Asia I guess. Might actually have to do that when I'm financially stable.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
03-03-2016, 05:22 AM
My sex life sucks either way. Just give me some terrorists to kill as a substitute.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-03-2016, 05:27 AM
(03-03-2016 04:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck her, I'll come visit ya. That way if I get blown up you wont feel bad because it's me. Big Grin
I will haunt your ass though. And no sex.

edit: Had a quick look at flight prices. It's actually rather affordable to fly to Singapore. Bonus of living near Asia I guess. Might actually have to do that when I'm financially stable.
Oh Muffs. He tried to get to fuck her. Then she called in an terror threat. And the rest is story.

I have no idea how one should or would react to something like that. I agree that living in fear is handing over the victory to the terrorist, then again. Living sure is nice.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-03-2016, 05:29 AM
I'm trying to imagine what a sex terrorist would do ...
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
03-03-2016, 05:31 AM
(03-03-2016 05:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm trying to imagine what a sex terrorist would do ...

Goats.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
03-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Saying you would have any responsibility if anything of a terrorist nature happened to her is like saying you'd be responsible if she was run over by a drunk driver. How would you feel about that?

Anyone would feel bad if anything happened to someone they've invited over to their country but some things are beyond our control.
However, she is quite justified to be scared and yes, that is exactly the point of terrorism. I can't say I wasn't even a bit worried when I had to travel to Istanbul only a few days after that suicide bombing.

I don't believe you would be putting her in a situation of potential danger though. The chances of any other dangerous event happening are much, much higher. There's not much you can do about that.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
03-03-2016, 06:13 AM
(03-03-2016 02:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You know the world is going to shit when global politics starts to impact your sex life.

Pre-amble:
So I got a concerned PM from Full Circle drawing my attention to this Reuters article:

Quote:"Terrorists may be planning attacks in and around Kuala Lumpur. Attacks could be indiscriminate and may target Western interests or locations frequented by Westerners,"

This, like an epiphany, explained two things:

1. Why there have been, for the last month, four blokes with guns (2 x army and 2 x police) hanging around (ominously) at the shopping/office/restaurant complex right next to my apartment block.

[Image: BN-LJ352_malsec_P_20151120030208.jpg]

2. Why, just hours before, one of my friends declined an invitation (reneged on her promise) to come and stay for a few days after she'd finished her final exams saying "It's dangerous there", "So I don't want to go there".

Until I read the article, I had no idea what she meant. I also assumed the unusual security presence was something to do with a visiting dignitary ... which happens quite regularly here.

Amble:
So, here's the thing. In my view, when someone is too scared to travel, the terrorists have already won.

Sure, I was pissed off at missing out on some great sex but more shocked at her response to this threat.

I grew up in the UK in the 70s-80s under the IRA threat. We saw reports of "The Troubles" on the news almost daily and I learned words like "sectarian violence" and we had debates in school and stuff. For most people life just carried on as usual and the general mood was "if we change the way we behave, we let the terrorists win".

That was our attitude but I realise that it's silly of me to think that everyone else should be the same.

Post-amble:

Then another thought occurred to me... Right next to the aforementioned complex is a swanky night-club (Porsches and Lamborghinis parked outside). I haven't been in there yet - but it's just the place my friend would love to be seen in, so I was going to take her there ... and to the beach ... and to some other touristy places.

In other words, I'd planned to take her to exactly the decadent, busy locations that could be the targets for nutcases with strap-ons of mass destruction.

The risk (likelihood) of anything happening to either of us is low (slightly higher at said club or beach), but how would I feel if I took her there and something did happen that resulted in injury or death.

That gave me pause.

For me, the threat is likely to make me more stubborn and more likely to go (hence accepting some work in Pakistan when other trainers have refused to go) but putting someone else in a situation of potential danger ... not so sure about that.

Consider

I'd welcome your opinions.

Thanks.

She's more likely to get a coma inducing concussion, tripping in the shower post-coitius, than get blown up by terrorist.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post