Sex and an omniscient God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Sex and an omniscient God
God is supposed to be free from all "negative" human emotion. Well if that's so how is he omniscient? What about lust and sexual desire? If we are made gods image but he knows nothing about human sexuality how can we be of his image? How can he in turn know everything there is to know about the human condition? He cannot even understand our need to procreate/pleasure ourselves. This question is mostly aimed at Christians.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 09:03 AM
RE: Sex and an omniscient God
(04-01-2014 08:52 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  This question is mostly aimed at Christians.

[Image: 44557269.jpg]

It`s the kind of question that we would prefer asking theists where they are in mass so we can get replies. Yet when we ask hard questions on their forums we usualy get banned.

So we have to ask them on forums on which there are hardly any theists.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like The Germans are coming's post
04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
(04-01-2014 08:52 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  God is supposed to be free from all "negative" human emotion. Well if that's so how is he omniscient? What about lust and sexual desire? If we are made gods image but he knows nothing about human sexuality how can we be of his image? How can he in turn know everything there is to know about the human condition? He cannot even understand our need to procreate/pleasure ourselves. This question is mostly aimed at Christians.

Free from all negative human emotion? Says who? Have you Read the Old Testament? as in........... damn.
lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-ta...19895.html

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-01-2014, 09:17 AM
(04-01-2014 09:10 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 08:52 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  God is supposed to be free from all "negative" human emotion. Well if that's so how is he omniscient? What about lust and sexual desire? If we are made gods image but he knows nothing about human sexuality how can we be of his image? How can he in turn know everything there is to know about the human condition? He cannot even understand our need to procreate/pleasure ourselves. This question is mostly aimed at Christians.

Free from all negative human emotion? Says who? Have you Read the Old Testament? as in........... damn.
lol

I read it I'm just saying what they claim
04-01-2014, 09:18 AM
(04-01-2014 09:17 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:10 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Free from all negative human emotion? Says who? Have you Read the Old Testament? as in........... damn.
lol

I read it I'm just saying what they claim

I'm seriously not picking on you - I'm just confused.

Who is "they"? Cause I'm still a bit lost, sorry.

Cool

04-01-2014, 09:33 AM
(04-01-2014 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:17 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I read it I'm just saying what they claim

I'm seriously not picking on you - I'm just confused.

Cool

They as in Christians. My question is really how can a god with no concept of sexuality make humanity in its image or have omniscient knowledge about the human sex drive.
04-01-2014, 09:43 AM
(04-01-2014 09:33 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm seriously not picking on you - I'm just confused.

Cool

They as in Christians. My question is really how can a god with no concept of sexuality make humanity in its image or have omniscient knowledge about the human sex drive.

Prophets ratted us out. Nasty prophetses. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-01-2014, 09:48 AM
(04-01-2014 09:33 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'm seriously not picking on you - I'm just confused.

Cool

Well I think first you have to answer the question of "God" - where the concept came from and why then any subject of human emotion can be better observed or commented on. That's my two cents worth.

04-01-2014, 09:50 AM
(04-01-2014 09:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:33 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  They as in Christians. My question is really how can a god with no concept of sexuality make humanity in its image or have omniscient knowledge about the human sex drive.

Well I think first you have to answer the question of "God" - where the concept came from and why then any subject of human emotion can be better observed or commented on. That's my two cents worth.
fair enough
04-01-2014, 09:54 AM
They just claim that god can certainly understand human sexuality without experiencing it himself. Omniscience covers that.
It is not very preposterous claim either, i.e. you can understand what hate is without actually hating somebody , right?

Why am I being a devil's advocate? Weeping

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post