Sex and an omniscient God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Sex and an omniscient God
(20-01-2014 12:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 09:45 AM)Alla Wrote:  that is a good question. Jehovah didn't tell us who His Father's father is. But I believe that one day I will know. It doesn't matter for me right now who are all Yahweh's ancestors.

I don't see any problem because I don't understand infinity yet. I don't understand eternity either. I am not too informed about all this yet. I can only try my best to comprehend what infinity or eternity is.
I believe that there is no first god and it will be no last God.
It makes more sense to me then there was god who never was created by anybody or anything. And absolute beginning of everything or absolute end of everything doesn't make any sense to me.

Then why not save yourself a few steps and just assume the universe has always existed without any gods? Weeping
I do believe that universe always existed without any gods.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2014, 11:18 AM
(21-01-2014 11:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 12:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then why not save yourself a few steps and just assume the universe has always existed without any gods? Weeping

Well that's epic, Alla. Good for you.
Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-01-2014, 11:51 PM
(21-01-2014 11:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 12:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Then why not save yourself a few steps and just assume the universe has always existed without any gods? Weeping

Right. So if you don't need a god to explain the origins of the universe, when, where, and why do you insert your gods into the universe?

Do you think you need your gods to explain morality? The presence of human beings? Gravity? What do you need a god around as an explanation for, and do you have any evidence for them?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2014, 02:58 PM
(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 11:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  I do believe that universe always existed without any gods.

Right. So if you don't need a god to explain the origins of the universe, when, where, and why do you insert your gods into the universe?
God in Whom I believe is part of the Universe as I am.
Universe(matter) always existed according to my religion. Natural laws always existed. Gods as us mortal humans only apply those laws for their purposes.
Gods do it on their level we do it on our level.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Do you think you need your gods to explain morality?
No, I don't think this. But personally I want to follow God's standards of morality.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The presence of human beings?
Yes
(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Gravity?
No.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What do you need a god around as an explanation for
I need Gods to have a knowledge what I have to do in order to come back where I came from.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  and do you have any evidence for them?
Personally, I do have evidence.

23-01-2014, 12:55 AM
(22-01-2014 02:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right. So if you don't need a god to explain the origins of the universe, when, where, and why do you insert your gods into the universe?
God in Whom I believe is part of the Universe as I am.
Universe(matter) always existed according to my religion. Natural laws always existed. Gods as us mortal humans only apply those laws for their purposes.
Gods do it on their level we do it on our level.

Please provide objective, verifiable, and testable evidence for this separate 'level' of physics or material reality that they have access to and can use to manipulate things on our 'level'. Once you can do that, go collect your Noble Prize, for you have fundamentally upended our entire collective understating of how the universe works. Drinking Beverage

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Do you think you need your gods to explain morality?
No, I don't think this. But personally I want to follow God's standards of morality.

Right. Those same standards that justifies sending two she-bears to murder 42 young children to assuage the vanity of a bald man? That standard?

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The presence of human beings?
Yes

Go study evolutionary biology, no god is needed to explain our existence; it is an unnecessary assumption.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Gravity?
No.

Yeah, but only because the supposedly 'inspired' holy books you get your bullshit from don't say anything about gravity because they weren't even aware of it's existence. But their ancient cosmology (consisting of a flat earth supported on pillars and the crystal dome called the firmament used to separate us from the waters above, is in fundamental conflict with everything we know about physics and cosmology, and this includes gravity. You simply do not know enough about physics to understand why this is, and to see the anachronisms for what they are.

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What do you need a god around as an explanation for
I need Gods to have a knowledge what I have to do in order to come back where I came from.

You're assuming you can actually do that. Please provide objective evidence it is at all possible, and the means by which it operates and can be both tested and observed. Once again, once you can manage to do this, go collect your Nobel Prize. Drinking Beverage

(21-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  and do you have any evidence for them?
Personally, I do have evidence.

Personal subjective anecdotes are not evidence. Please learn what evidence really is before ever fucking saying that ever again. You have been informed and made sufficiently aware that your assertions and assumptions are incorrect. Continuing to claim you have evidence, when you are unable to show it objectively, will constitute lying and fraud from this point forward. You have been warned. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-01-2014, 07:46 PM
(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right. Those same standards that justifies sending two she-bears to murder 42 young children to assuage the vanity of a bald man? That standard?
No, not those. Different ones. Standards that He follows are not exactly the same that I have to follow. There are things that Gods can do but mortals can't do.
Gods are all-knowing and perfect we are not.
God kills but He also knows how to restore life. I don't know how to restore life those who are dead.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Go study evolutionary biology, no god is needed to explain our existence; it is an unnecessary assumption.
Evolutionary biology doesn't explain WHY we exist. God explains it.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, but only because the supposedly 'inspired' holy books you get your bullshit from don't say anything about gravity because they weren't even aware of it's existence.
We don't need God to explain gravity. We can figure out on our own. That is why Prophets do not teach natural laws. They teach only judicial/moral laws.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But their ancient cosmology (consisting of a flat earth supported on pillars and the crystal dome called the firmament used to separate us from the waters above, is in fundamental conflict with everything we know about physics and cosmology, and this includes gravity. You simply do not know enough about physics to understand why this is, and to see the anachronisms for what they are.
Language of the Prophets is very symbolic. We don't know what they meant. If we don't know what they meant we don't have any conflict. By the way Genesis chapter one describes creation of spiritual Earth. We don't know anything about spiritual matter and how things are organized from spiritual matter and what kind of laws are applied.
When we don't know there is no conflict yet.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 02:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  I need Gods to have a knowledge what I have to do in order to come back where I came from.

You're assuming you can actually do that. Please provide objective evidence it is at all possible, and the means by which it operates and can be both tested and observed. Once again, once you can manage to do this, go collect your Nobel Prize. Drinking Beverage
I am not assuming anything. But I trust Holy Ghost and Prophets. I rely on personal revelations from God and on the testimonies of the Prophets.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Personal subjective anecdotes are not evidence. Please learn what evidence really is before ever fucking saying that ever again.
Please don't use f- word when you respond to me. I hope it is not to hard to do.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You have been informed and made sufficiently aware that your assertions and assumptions are incorrect. Continuing to claim you have evidence, when you are unable to show it objectively, will constitute lying and fraud from this point forward. You have been warned. Drinking Beverage
How can I show you evidence that I have?

28-01-2014, 08:06 PM
(04-01-2014 08:52 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  God is supposed to be free from all "negative" human emotion. Well if that's so how is he omniscient? What about lust and sexual desire? If we are made gods image but he knows nothing about human sexuality how can we be of his image? How can he in turn know everything there is to know about the human condition? He cannot even understand our need to procreate/pleasure ourselves. This question is mostly aimed at Christians.

There is a lot of that going on in the Bible. Supposedly he's Omniscient but he seemed clueless at to the whereabouts of Adam and Eve after they ate of the fruit or asking Satan where he's been in Job. He's not very omnipotent either if a simple element like Iron can thwart him. I don't find him all-loving in the least, in fact I would try and run the other way if I saw him coming. Jonah had the right idea.
30-01-2014, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 10:20 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(25-01-2014 07:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right. Those same standards that justifies sending two she-bears to murder 42 young children to assuage the vanity of a bald man? That standard?
No, not those. Different ones. Standards that He follows are not exactly the same that I have to follow. There are things that Gods can do but mortals can't do.
Gods are all-knowing and perfect we are not.
God kills but He also knows how to restore life. I don't know how to restore life those who are dead.

No dice. That's like saying that it's not okay for me to punch you in the face and break your nose, unless I know how to heal your broken nose then it becomes perfectly fine to punch you in the face.

How do you know they're perfect, and how does that justify their actions?

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Go study evolutionary biology, no god is needed to explain our existence; it is an unnecessary assumption.
Evolutionary biology doesn't explain WHY we exist. God explains it.

Biology does not explain why, but neither does your god. Your stories about your god that you think explain the 'why' are all man-made and have no evidence of any divine inspiration. We give our lives our own meaning, you got lazy and had your meaning handed to you by religion. Even then, a 'god' just adds another why question. If a 'god' created us, why did he do so? Why does god exist?

Positing a god only creates more questions, not answers.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, but only because the supposedly 'inspired' holy books you get your bullshit from don't say anything about gravity because they weren't even aware of it's existence.
We don't need God to explain gravity. We can figure out on our own. That is why Prophets do not teach natural laws. They teach only judicial/moral laws.

Then your god is an inefficient and immoral jackass. Why? Because if he had the knowledge of how microorganisms and diseases truly work, yet never informed us of this when he had every opportunity to do so, makeing him directly responsible for all of the pain and suffering that ignorance caused. All of that bulshit in the Bible about curing leprosy with bird's blood? God's fault. Everyone who died of the flu, common cold, the plague, malaria, and every other disease on the planet before the germ theory of disease? Their suffering and deaths lie squarely at the feet of your god. You god is an immoral monster, and your excuse that 'we simply can't understand' is a fukcing bullshit cop-out and your know it. Because 'if we can't understand', then by what right do you deem him good or just?

By not teaching us how the world worked (natural laws), he is directly responsible for untold suffering and death; which makes a mockery of his 'moral teachings'.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But their ancient cosmology (consisting of a flat earth supported on pillars and the crystal dome called the firmament used to separate us from the waters above, is in fundamental conflict with everything we know about physics and cosmology, and this includes gravity. You simply do not know enough about physics to understand why this is, and to see the anachronisms for what they are.
Language of the Prophets is very symbolic. We don't know what they meant. If we don't know what they meant we don't have any conflict. By the way Genesis chapter one describes creation of spiritual Earth. We don't know anything about spiritual matter and how things are organized from spiritual matter and what kind of laws are applied.

Listen to yourself. How can you fucking claim on one hand to not know what they mean, yet also claim that they do not conflict and that they describe a 'spiritual' earth? Bullshit, you cannot claim both ignorance and knowledge just whenever it suites you.

Answer me this: How do we know when something is symbolic or literal?

Near as I can tell, it's literal whenever it's convenient to be literal, and it's symbolic whenever it's convenient for it to be symbolic. How come the creation stories in genesis are not literal, but the death and resurrection of Jesus is? What stops someone from claiming with just as much authority as you do that the Ascension of Christ was all just symbolic and never literally happened?

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're assuming you can actually do that. Please provide objective evidence it is at all possible, and the means by which it operates and can be both tested and observed. Once again, once you can manage to do this, go collect your Nobel Prize. Drinking Beverage
I am not assuming anything. But I trust Holy Ghost and Prophets. I rely on personal revelations from God and on the testimonies of the Prophets.

So you believe in incredible shit on terrible evidence. Great. Not good enough for me.

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Personal subjective anecdotes are not evidence. Please learn what evidence really is before ever fucking saying that ever again.
Please don't use f- word when you respond to me. I hope it is not to hard to do.

I'll stop using the fucking f-word whenever you stop making claims to knowledge you don't have and cannot show, deal?

(23-01-2014 12:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You have been informed and made sufficiently aware that your assertions and assumptions are incorrect. Continuing to claim you have evidence, when you are unable to show it objectively, will constitute lying and fraud from this point forward. You have been warned. Drinking Beverage
How can I show you evidence that I have?

Does your evidence exists outside of you? Is it objectively measurable? Get a team of scientists together to study the phenomena and see what they come up with.

If however all of your evidence for your god is inside your head? If all you have is 'feelings' and 'visions' of him? Then your 'evidence' is just a compelling as a that of someone on a LSD trip claiming to see a dragon in their drug induced hallucinations; which is to say it is not evidence at all. So don't bother trying to prove it, as your personal testimony is worth less than shit when it comes to determining the state of reality.

30-01-2014, 04:27 PM
(25-01-2014 07:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  Language of the Prophets is very symbolic. We don't know what they meant. If we don't know what they meant we don't have any conflict. By the way Genesis chapter one describes creation of spiritual Earth. We don't know anything about spiritual matter and how things are organized from spiritual matter and what kind of laws are applied.

Hang on, out of curiosity, where in Genesis does it say:"THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS REFER TO THE SPIRITUAL EARTH AND NOT THE PHYSICAL EARTH" It seems to me that when events in Genesis didn't ad up, and science and knowledge replace magic, is when people who still cling to witchcraft pull out the "spiritual" card ie. "ha ha you can't prove me wrong be cause it's all spiritual, and only God can explain the supernatural" I would like testable, provable logic before I invest belief in something, especially religion where the followers are expected to follow without reason.
30-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I thought the thread title was "Sex with an omniscient God." In the few seconds before my brain corrected itself, my imagination was already off and running in some very weird places.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post