Sex and an omniscient God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Sex and an omniscient God
(13-02-2014 12:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed it has, as I am confident that I'd have a more intelligent conversation with a brick wall; because at least the wall wouldn't continue to lie after being called out on it repeatedly.

Compare with some scientists you are retard and idiot and full of ignorance. You are smart pants and macho boy only here on forum and you are "brave" because you don't talk face to face. I am sure that in reality you are pussy/little coward.
I think your bike is more intelligent than you are. And I could kick your butt and wash your dirty mouth.

Nice try Alla - but No. Just No.
First of all - it's a forum - so a chat face-to-face is unlikely and not worthy of mentioning. Secondly, You've been dishonest in your posts and you've been called out for it. That is all. Simple really = the next time someone calls you "liar" go back to your transgression and clear up and misunderstanding.
That is the ONLY way you're going to gain any credibility here.

You're no good at name calling and shouldn't even try. It's just more and more "FAIL" for you.

Perhaps time to go talk to other theists instead of spending your time on an atheist forum?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(13-02-2014 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:35 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Yes, according to the bible “God” does say he created everything. You are wrong about this.
I will accept that I am wrong if you tell me where in the Bible He says this.
I’m not going to do the work for you again, because you don’t accept evidence. Read the thing for yourself.

(13-02-2014 10:35 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I do agree with you on one thing. According to the bible it does reference there being more than one “god”. It says this in an indirect manor, and was apocryphally edited to deemphasize it in the text. But it still can clearly be read there. Most Christians will deny this.
According to the Bible one God speaks to another God. According to the Bible one God calls another God "God".
I don’t know why we are rehashing this here. I wrote fairly at length about this. I think we’ve already pretty extensively covered that the bible shows evidence of having had more than one “god” in it, and the rest is just matter of perspective, interpretation, and acceptance by Christians.

I don’t know why we need to continue discussing the part we are not in dispute of. The details, and/or reality of it are one thing (i.g., don’t agree on that) but that that is what the fictional text you read shows evidence of, we are not in dispute of.

(13-02-2014 10:35 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Examples; “You shall have no other gods before me”. “God” commenting on his jealousy of other “gods”. Mentioning other gods, and in some cases by their actual names such as with Bael. “God’s” repeatedly referring to himself in the plural, implying there is more than one of them. References to “God’s” celestial counsel. “God’s” various agents, such as angles and demons, which in any other religion would be simply referred to as lesser “gods”. The leviathan, and other chaos creachers, whom were “gods” of chaos and disorder or the sea/abyss (all basically meant the same or similar enough of a thing back then) whom “God” according to the bible literally fought, subdued and made into his pets put a leash on him and made him to do his bidding.
Bible also talks about Gods and not only other gods. According to the Bible Jesus Christ is God or Creator. He created this earth according to the Bible. And according to the Bible name of God Who created this earth is Yahweh. So Jesus = Yahweh. Then according to the Bible Yahweh/Jesus says that He has His God and His Father. Already we have at least two Gods(according to the Bible).
Again, I don’t know why we are rehashing this. I already said the bible shows multiple “gods” between Yahweh, El, Elyon, Chemosh, Marduk, Lucifer, Satan, Jehovah, Leviathan, Beal, ect. lesser “gods” of angels and demons, etc. demigods such as Jesus, the nephilim, and the saints (if you accept them) etc.

However, the bible does both say Jesus is “God”, and it also says he is not. That’s called a contradiction. No matter what you say it about it, “the bible says Jesus is God”, or “the bible says Jesus is different than God”, you will be both right and wrong at the same time, because the text contradicts itself, it says both things. That’s the problem. The text you believe in is not only made up and not real, but also contradicts itself so you can’t even be right if you literally go by the text alone, because it will contradict the thing you are right about the text saying. The Niachen Counsel, which meet to decide what was to be included in the bible and what was to be left out, did not decide until long after Jesus’ death (if he even existed as an actual man) whether they wanted him to be considered to be divine or not, and how divine to make him out to be. These were decisions made by human beings, not “gods”. Most of this was argued by Human Beings prior to the Niachen Counsel, but it was this Counsel who had final say on what was considered official biblical scripture. Again, human beings, not “God”.

The whole of the bible is a revision constantly in process until the 4th century C.E. when human beings, not “God” decided, what books of scripture would be included in the official cannon of the bible, and which ones they would leave out. The bible was not made the bible, by the Niachen Counsel, until over three hundred years after the believed time of Jesus’s supposed death.

And even the Jews of the old testament did not agree to there being only one “God” until the Babylonian exile around 600 B.C.E. Prior to that the scriptures were full of “gods” which can still be seen in the text today. That’s why you see all the comments by “God” referring to himself in the plural form, because when it was written it was intended to mean him and other “gods” as well. It’s also why he (according to the text) is so Jealous of other “gods”, because it was accepted as true by the Jews that these other gods did exist. However, at the time of the Babylonian exile the priest decided that there would only be one true “god”. Their “god”.

This turned them in to Monolatrist, not Monotheist. They still believed in the existence of other “gods”, but just that their “god” was the only true “god” to follow. In other words, they believed the other “gods” existed, but that their “god” Yahweh, was more powerful than the rest, so was the one they should follow, and was only for them to follow as Yahweh choose them specially to follow him over all the other peoples of the world. This is when they claimed themselves to be “The Chosen People”. “God” did not claim them this, human beings claimed themselves this, because it’s what human beings do.

Eventually this Monolatrsim, (belief in one true, right, top “god” amongst many others) gave way to something more like actual Monotheist (belief in the existence of only one “god”, none of the others even existed). You can see the evolution of this thought throughout the bible as it develops over the history of the text. The bible starts with confusing references to multiple “gods” and multiple “gods” names, but only confusing if you are a modern day Christian or Jew who believes in only one. Then on to a more tightly controlling “god” who demands respect only to him over the other “gods”. To later stronger claims of being the only “god” in existence. And then the Christians reinterpretation of “god” as a person who came to earth. You can even see in the gospels where they slowly evolve their idea of what they want Jesus to be, man inspired by “god”, or “God” in flesh as man.

The point is, it’s all a slow evolution over the history of the Judeo-Christian religions, and modern religion is simply a continuation of the evolutionary process of human beings thoughts of their own religion as they interpreted and try to find meaning and reconcile text with the real world and other various social pressures. Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and the prophets are simply a continuation in the long history of the evolution of religion by mans’ decisions about what they want others to believe it to be.

Much as you, and other theist, do here when you interpret your ideas of your religions. You continue to evolve it, or as we would say, make it up. Because it’s all made up. New religious memes pop in peoples’ heads, like Creationism, or LDS, and are spread out in the meme pool. Those memes that are the most capable of being spread and reproduced because people like and accept the new ideas continue to spread and reproduce from person to person who accepts them. And those religious memes that don’t get accepted and passed on well die out. The religious meme could be beneficial, harmful, or neutral, but as long as it can spread through people’s minds where they can be accepted and spread to yet others, like you and other theist here are attempting to spread them, then they take over less successful religious memes, which die out not as fit to compete, such as Greek mythology, and other extinct religious meme. Religious memes even evolved by theist like you, when you try to make sense of something that doesn’t difficult, perhaps when speaking to atheist on an atheist forum, or some other situation, and you try to come up with a response to their questions. You then make something up that you think explains it or answers the question, (a mutated religious meme), and if others like and accept it, it spreads. If it doesn’t then that mutated religious meme dies out right there, or maybe after a slow growth in the meme pool it dies out due to natural selection against it such as being exposed to scientific reality. But of course, if you could create better cognitive dissonance memes, those memes can act like antibodies to protect other religious memes, so cognitive dissonances memes evolve over generations to become more and more sophisticated in order to act like the white blood cells protecting religion from the inoculation of reality.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
13-02-2014, 02:25 PM
(13-02-2014 02:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will accept that I am wrong if you tell me where in the Bible He says this.
I’m not going to do the work for you again, because you don’t accept evidence. Read the thing for yourself.

(13-02-2014 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible one God speaks to another God. According to the Bible one God calls another God "God".
I don’t know why we are rehashing this here. I wrote fairly at length about this. I think we’ve already pretty extensively covered that the bible shows evidence of having had more than one “god” in it, and the rest is just matter of perspective, interpretation, and acceptance by Christians.

I don’t know why we need to continue discussing the part we are not in dispute of. The details, and/or reality of it are one thing (i.g., don’t agree on that) but that that is what the fictional text you read shows evidence of, we are not in dispute of.

(13-02-2014 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  Bible also talks about Gods and not only other gods. According to the Bible Jesus Christ is God or Creator. He created this earth according to the Bible. And according to the Bible name of God Who created this earth is Yahweh. So Jesus = Yahweh. Then according to the Bible Yahweh/Jesus says that He has His God and His Father. Already we have at least two Gods(according to the Bible).
Again, I don’t know why we are rehashing this. I already said the bible shows multiple “gods” between Yahweh, El, Elyon, Chemosh, Marduk, Lucifer, Satan, Jehovah, Leviathan, Beal, ect. lesser “gods” of angels and demons, etc. demigods such as Jesus, the nephilim, and the saints (if you accept them) etc.

However, the bible does both say Jesus is “God”, and it also says he is not. That’s called a contradiction. No matter what you say it about it, “the bible says Jesus is God”, or “the bible says Jesus is different than God”, you will be both right and wrong at the same time, because the text contradicts itself, it says both things. That’s the problem. The text you believe in is not only made up and not real, but also contradicts itself so you can’t even be right if you literally go by the text alone, because it will contradict the thing you are right about the text saying. The Niachen Counsel, which meet to decide what was to be included in the bible and what was to be left out, did not decide until long after Jesus’ death (if he even existed as an actual man) whether they wanted him to be considered to be divine or not, and how divine to make him out to be. These were decisions made by human beings, not “gods”. Most of this was argued by Human Beings prior to the Niachen Counsel, but it was this Counsel who had final say on what was considered official biblical scripture. Again, human beings, not “God”.

The whole of the bible is a revision constantly in process until the 4th century C.E. when human beings, not “God” decided, what books of scripture would be included in the official cannon of the bible, and which ones they would leave out. The bible was not made the bible, by the Niachen Counsel, until over three hundred years after the believed time of Jesus’s supposed death.

And even the Jews of the old testament did not agree to there being only one “God” until the Babylonian exile around 600 B.C.E. Prior to that the scriptures were full of “gods” which can still be seen in the text today. That’s why you see all the comments by “God” referring to himself in the plural form, because when it was written it was intended to mean him and other “gods” as well. It’s also why he (according to the text) is so Jealous of other “gods”, because it was accepted as true by the Jews that these other gods did exist. However, at the time of the Babylonian exile the priest decided that there would only be one true “god”. Their “god”.

This turned them in to Monolatrist, not Monotheist. They still believed in the existence of other “gods”, but just that their “god” was the only true “god” to follow. In other words, they believed the other “gods” existed, but that their “god” Yahweh, was more powerful than the rest, so was the one they should follow, and was only for them to follow as Yahweh choose them specially to follow him over all the other peoples of the world. This is when they claimed themselves to be “The Chosen People”. “God” did not claim them this, human beings claimed themselves this, because it’s what human beings do.

Eventually this Monolatrsim, (belief in one true, right, top “god” amongst many others) gave way to something more like actual Monotheist (belief in the existence of only one “god”, none of the others even existed). You can see the evolution of this thought throughout the bible as it develops over the history of the text. The bible starts with confusing references to multiple “gods” and multiple “gods” names, but only confusing if you are a modern day Christian or Jew who believes in only one. Then on to a more tightly controlling “god” who demands respect only to him over the other “gods”. To later stronger claims of being the only “god” in existence. And then the Christians reinterpretation of “god” as a person who came to earth. You can even see in the gospels where they slowly evolve their idea of what they want Jesus to be, man inspired by “god”, or “God” in flesh as man.

The point is, it’s all a slow evolution over the history of the Judeo-Christian religions, and modern religion is simply a continuation of the evolutionary process of human beings thoughts of their own religion as they interpreted and try to find meaning and reconcile text with the real world and other various social pressures. Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and the prophets are simply a continuation in the long history of the evolution of religion by mans’ decisions about what they want others to believe it to be.

Much as you, and other theist, do here when you interpret your ideas of your religions. You continue to evolve it, or as we would say, make it up. Because it’s all made up. New religious memes pop in peoples’ heads, like Creationism, or LDS, and are spread out in the meme pool. Those memes that are the most capable of being spread and reproduced because people like and accept the new ideas continue to spread and reproduce from person to person who accepts them. And those religious memes that don’t get accepted and passed on well die out. The religious meme could be beneficial, harmful, or neutral, but as long as it can spread through people’s minds where they can be accepted and spread to yet others, like you and other theist here are attempting to spread them, then they take over less successful religious memes, which die out not as fit to compete, such as Greek mythology, and other extinct religious meme. Religious memes even evolved by theist like you, when you try to make sense of something that doesn’t difficult, perhaps when speaking to atheist on an atheist forum, or some other situation, and you try to come up with a response to their questions. You then make something up that you think explains it or answers the question, (a mutated religious meme), and if others like and accept it, it spreads. If it doesn’t then that mutated religious meme dies out right there, or maybe after a slow growth in the meme pool it dies out due to natural selection against it such as being exposed to scientific reality. But of course, if you could create better cognitive dissonance memes, those memes can act like antibodies to protect other religious memes, so cognitive dissonances memes evolve over generations to become more and more sophisticated in order to act like the white blood cells protecting religion from the inoculation of reality.

I can't believe you wasted all that time replying to Alla and her nonsense. It's really like talking to a wall and her reply will be just as intelligent.

Next time go with "shoo fly" and be done. Wink

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

13-02-2014, 02:28 PM
(13-02-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed it has, as I am confident that I'd have a more intelligent conversation with a brick wall; because at least the wall wouldn't continue to lie after being called out on it repeatedly.

Well you're not going to convince anyone by being an asshole.

Guess who else can help themselves to a giant can of...

[Image: shut_the_fuck_up.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2014, 02:31 PM
(13-02-2014 02:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 02:00 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I’m not going to do the work for you again, because you don’t accept evidence. Read the thing for yourself.

I can't believe you wasted all that time replying to Alla and her nonsense. It's really like talking to a wall and her reply will be just as intelligent.

Next time go with "shoo fly" and be done. Wink

I really thought for awhile that she was a product of some close-knit, religious, cult-like environment and could only "babble" think whatever it was she'd been fed. But reading posts after posts I've come to realize that No........she understands exactly what we're saying and Yes......she just ignores what she doesn't want to respond to and blather on with her sales pitch. As you can see about a week ago I finally gave up.Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-02-2014, 02:38 PM
(13-02-2014 12:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Compare with some scientists you are retard and idiot and full of ignorance. You are smart pants and macho boy only here on forum and you are "brave" because you don't talk face to face. I am sure that in reality you are pussy/little coward.
I think your bike is more intelligent than you are. And I could kick your butt and wash your dirty mouth.

I didnt know EvolutionKills rides too, or did she get me confused with him Huh

I certainly hope she didnt mean me, I'd hate to have my ass kicked by a gurl.... Weeping

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
13-02-2014, 02:45 PM
(13-02-2014 12:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Compare with some scientists you are retard and idiot and full of ignorance. You are smart pants and macho boy only here on forum and you are "brave" because you don't talk face to face. I am sure that in reality you are pussy/little coward.

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 02:50 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-02-2014 02:38 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Compare with some scientists you are retard and idiot and full of ignorance. You are smart pants and macho boy only here on forum and you are "brave" because you don't talk face to face. I am sure that in reality you are pussy/little coward.

I didnt know EvolutionKills rides too, or did she get me confused with him Huh

I certainly hope she didnt mean me, I'd hate to have my ass kicked by a gurl.... Weeping

Nope, she's referring to my recent post over in the Faith Test thread, where I make fun of a hypothetical Harley-Davidson Airlines and let out my inner Honda fanboy.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid492985

Not only that but you actually did know I rode a bike, as I have a Honda CB750 Nighthawk, and your wife used to have one too.

(22-01-2014 12:13 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Nice bike EK, my wife had one for about a year... thing was fast Thumbsup

Tongue

13-02-2014, 03:11 PM
(13-02-2014 02:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Not only that but you actually did know I rode a bike, as I have a Honda CB750 Nighthawk, and your wife used to have one too.

(22-01-2014 12:13 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Nice bike EK, my wife had one for about a year... thing was fast Thumbsup

Tongue

Ooops, I forgot that was you, my bad. I'm still trying to tie everything together in here and my mind isnt in high gear most of the time. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
13-02-2014, 05:08 PM
All of you who do NOT ignore me and get themselves involved in this empty discussion are IDIOTS. If you were really smart you would ignore me.
I was an atheist and I never did what you do. You are pathetic.
There are atheists whom I respect. Free is one of them. Robby Pants is one of them.
Evolutionkills you are pussy and that is why you are jerk.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection