Sex and guilt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: Sex and guilt
When I wuz in AZ this chick wanted to go out wif me and I wuz like, "I'm way too in love with that dang Gwyneth Paltrow." And she wuz all mad at me and stuff, for preventing a problem. Women. Can't win for losing. Tongue

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
(05-06-2012 09:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  For the next round we will share horror stories of our sexual encounters Big Grin
Now this should be interesting, very interesting!!! "Popping some corn"

Hobo Kgrrrrr kh kh kh
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I highly recommend the book Sex and God by Darrel Ray. It talks about how deeply western society's sexual morality/ideals are wrapped up in religious indoctrination (even if you, as an individual, were not raised in a religious environment).

Sex comes in many different forms, and masterbation is one of those many forms. There's nothing wrong with having that form of sex until you feel it is right for you to try a different form of sex.

You avoided a lot of potential problems by not having sex with someone who was engaged to another. Don't feel like you have to jump on just any offer because you haven't "lost" your virginity yet.

On the other hand, I think that it is worth doing research into the morality of sex. What is and is not moral when it comes to sex and why? It is important to ask these questions of yourself, to figure out what is right for you and also to figure out what is a rational thought and what is irrational belief on the subject.

I'm polyamorous, meaning I think it is possible to love more than one person at a time, and I also have more than one sexual/relationship partner. My personal moral choice within my polyamorous life is that I will not have sex with a person if they are in a relationship that is not polyamorous or open. Meaning, if their partner thinks they are monogamous, I will not be "the other woman".
[+] 1 user Likes PurpleChimp's post
18-08-2012, 11:08 PM
(18-08-2012 10:38 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  I'm polyamorous, meaning I think it is possible to love more than one person at a time, and I also have more than one sexual/relationship partner.

That's interesting. Me and ManlyGirl been monogamous a long time now. Some 27 years. Don't see no reason to spooge up a good thing now. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
19-08-2012, 12:55 AM
(18-08-2012 10:38 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  ... western society's sexual morality/ideals are wrapped up in religious indoctrination ...

Which is why I left the West.

However, we can't tar all western ideologies with the same feathers. Had the French rather than the English been the dominant force a few hundred years back, the Yanks would have evolved like the Bonobos.

Ok, maybe not, that doesn't explain the Canadians.

(18-08-2012 10:38 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  I'm polyamorous, meaning I think it is possible to love more than one person at a time, and I also have more than one sexual/relationship partner. My personal moral choice within my polyamorous life is that I will not have sex with a person if they are in a relationship that is not polyamorous or open. Meaning, if their partner thinks they are monogamous, I will not be "the other woman".

Yup ^^ what she said. I said it earlier in this thread but she said it betterer.

19-08-2012, 01:31 AM
... sniffles.....

I was only an innocent 16 year old I tell you! She was 19.. I was molested.. raped.. my virginity torn from me!!...

*cries* Weeping

and I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! Big Grin

needless to say she was a repeat offender!!! not that I complained much..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
19-08-2012, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 05:26 PM by Logica Humano.)
You feel guilty for not cheating? Why would you feel bad for doing a good thing? If it is a type of person I despise, it is a person who cheats on their spouse.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
19-08-2012, 06:06 AM
(19-08-2012 12:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok, maybe not, that doesn't explain the Canadians.

There are French Canadians and the rest, mon ami.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Sex and guilt
(18-08-2012 10:38 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  I highly recommend the book Sex and God by Darrel Ray. It talks about how deeply western society's sexual morality/ideals are wrapped up in religious indoctrination (even if you, as an individual, were not raised in a religious environment).

I've been wanting to read that book. I'm glad to hear a positive review. His other book, The God Virus is also on my list, I just have so many other things to distract me.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-08-2012, 10:49 AM
(19-08-2012 10:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 10:38 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  I highly recommend the book Sex and God by Darrel Ray. It talks about how deeply western society's sexual morality/ideals are wrapped up in religious indoctrination (even if you, as an individual, were not raised in a religious environment).

I've been wanting to read that book. I'm glad to hear a positive review. His other book, The God Virus is also on my list, I just have so many other things to distract me.

Darrel's a pretty cool guy. I've been to his place a couple of times - he has a nice pond and we BBQ and beer it up pretty good. I know of his work -skimmed some- but never read much of it. I really only know him from hanging at his place and from the talks he gives -which are great! He gives quite a few talks in the area and of course, he's a regular at the Reason Fest each year. I didn't know he was becoming that well known - good on him! Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.