Sex, for reasonable people. Challenge for the Thinking Atheist Community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
RE: Sex, for reasonable people. Challenge for the Thinking Atheist Community
Quote:The advance of science does not dim religion, and the product of religion does not suppress science.
Dodgy Seriously?

I understand TTA videos on YouTube may seem to be biased as they are in a sense, a broad reaction to centuries of persecution of non-theists by theists. Many who come to TTA from an extremely strict theist background might welcome the more extreme opposition to a former life, in which they feel they were imprisoned. They feel defended by this show of strength, while others just find the casual mockery humorous. As a thinking person, I understand this...

I view or rather, have viewed religion and science to be neutral... the human mind can use each to process our view of life and neither can be understood to be a completed view. However, religion has decided to continually stifle scientific progress and put itself above all as a completed view. While choosing to not remain neutral, religion must be taken to task for it's numerous, serious offenses with respect to the sciences as well as the advancement of culture, and humanity in general.
True, many people who do good work for fellow humans have been religious... it is debatable as to the reason they do this good work. However, that does not negate similar good work done by non-theists for the good of humanity. To remind you it is Veterans Day, I will tell you; There ARE Atheists in foxholes... and yet they have sadly gone unheralded.

I personally have no care whatsoever about any competition between science and religion... I never have. I do not care so much, that it is a non issue for me. I said before, as a thinking person, I understand this... it seems you do not and have become upset by it. Is it possible you might examine why you have come to TTA... did you come for fellowship? Fellowship on our planet means fellowship with all, and if there is specific charting of ideology between groups, then some will adhere to fellowship within, accordingly. Did you come to contemplate the notion of an omniscient, ubiquitous force? We really don't need or have much of that within this group... but they do in a more religious fellowship.

Quote:I don't agree that idolatry is a bad thing. Although I myself don't need it, some people do.
So... you agree that the notion of idolatry is a manipulative, useful tool to gain power over another... oh, but only for some. Why would you decide to restrict some, but not yourself... perhaps, some deeper thought on freedom or competition ...might be in order.
Is free, not free to all?

Heart Thinking is still free... so far... at least it is here.
(11-11-2011 03:01 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Sex? Sex? --- somebody said sex?
My hearing is not what it used to be....
Sex?
Quite a challenge at my age!!! Sad

No kidding... I looked all around this thing for sex - I didn't find it anywhere!! Huh
I'm going off into a corner and be frustrated now.
Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
(11-11-2011 03:10 PM)kim Wrote:  Heart Thinking is still free... so far... at least it is here.
(11-11-2011 03:01 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Sex? Sex? --- somebody said sex?
My hearing is not what it used to be....
Sex?
Quite a challenge at my age!!! Sad

No kidding... I looked all around this thing for sex - I didn't find it anywhere!! Huh
I'm going off into a corner and be frustrated now.
Wink

Great post Kim!

I think all of us are getting a bit bleak about the lack of sex happening in this thread.

Sex for reasonable people? How do reasonable people do it anyway? "Dear, do you think it would be logical if we... ?" "I'm observing the moons of Jupiter until ten". "Do you think you could observe them, you know, on your back?"...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Misleading thread title is misleading. Angry
11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
(11-11-2011 03:48 PM)kineo Wrote:  Misleading thread title is misleading. Angry

In case you're interested, we have an intern position open for an intern at the department of redundancy department if you're interested.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
(11-11-2011 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sex for reasonable people? How do reasonable people do it anyway? "Dear, do you think it would be logical if we... ?" "I'm observing the moons of Jupiter until ten". "Do you think you could observe them, you know, on your back?"...

Wink Please fuck responsibly.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
(11-11-2011 04:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

In case you're interested, we have an intern position open for an intern at the department of redundancy department if you're interested.

Is that "intern" in the "slave with prospects" sense or the "Bill Clinton" sense?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2011, 04:08 PM

The only problem is that I'm not a redundant person because I don't repeat myself so that is an issue.

Dodgy Your move. Big Grin
11-11-2011, 04:12 PM
(11-11-2011 04:08 PM)kineo Wrote:  

The only problem is that I'm not a redundant person because I don't repeat myself so that is an issue.

Dodgy Your move. Big Grin
You're hired.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Hahaha, nice! I knew I would amount to something, take that naysayers! I'm in the phone book now.

Don't stand next to the cans.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
11-11-2011, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 04:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-11-2011 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think all of us are getting a bit bleak about the lack of sex happening in this thread.

Yes, that damn PeterK is quite the tease.

(11-11-2011 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sex for reasonable people? How do reasonable people do it anyway?

Safe word. ... gotta have a safe word. Wink

(11-11-2011 04:19 PM)kineo Wrote:  Hahaha, nice! I knew I would amount to something, take that naysayers! I'm in the phone book now.

Congratulations! Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post