Sex, for reasonable people. Challenge for the Thinking Atheist Community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2011, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 02:15 AM by PeterK.)
RE: Sex, for reasonable people. Challenge for the Thinking Atheist Community
i will try to edit my language so that it is clear. About the sex for reasonable people. I meant to attract those who are passionate about the subject. I think that if i actually were talking about sex, i would get flamed like crazy for posting in the atheism thread.
(12-11-2011 02:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... And yes, that was an ad hominem.

I only mentioned that because it was an answer to his question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2011, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 02:42 AM by GirlyMan.)
(12-11-2011 02:13 AM)PeterK Wrote:  About the sex for reasonable people. I meant to attract those who are passionate about the subject. I think that if i actually were talking about sex, i would get flamed like crazy for posting in the atheism thread.

So instead you get to get flamed by me for attracting people, like me, who might be passionate about a subject like "Sex, for reasonable people", but who couldn't give a shit about your religious beliefs.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-11-2011, 03:01 AM
All I've seen so far is a bunch of whining about how misunderstood you are. Make a point please.

You made a challenge for us? Here's a challenge for you:
Point form.
No more than 5.
No more than two lines for each point.

If you can't fit your whole argument in, deal with a part of it. As was said right at the beginning, if you've got multiple things to say, start separate threads.

PS: I suspect that your so called arguments are really pansy and you're trying to disguise it with all this blather about how we're biased.
12-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Bah, just another guy trying to use SEX to attract more listeners. Typical religious way of work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHWP7tF7oho

Smile

No seriously, why don't you read a bit of the old posts here, maybe that will give you a better insight on how we think and what we believe/don't believe, or how much we think or don't think... This is just pointless talk, a lot of things are said, nothing in particular, nothing with understanding that God is not in everybody's life.

I'll just comment on charity and religion. What, you think that only religious people are in charity? You never heard of any non-religious charity organization? Have you ever heard for The Red Cross, maybe? Are they a religious charity or just a charity? Actually, most of the charity organizations are non-religious, because religions use charity for tax benefits, so they are not a true charity, but the way to clear a bit of tax for the church...

Why don't you listen to those videos again, this time with open mind?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-11-2011, 08:59 AM
(12-11-2011 01:30 AM)PeterK Wrote:  As for this thread, it is about the presentation of a series of videos on topdocumentaryfilms.com which was produced by this group and how it represents our beliefs. In short, my statement is that it disturbing. But im quite captivated by the other topics that has since surfaced.

Hey! I didn't make that stuff. Tongue
TTA is some guy in Austin, ain't it? This TTA is thinking atheists having a go. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-11-2011, 12:36 PM
This reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Bart runs for president. His poster reads: "Sex. Now that we have your attention, vote for Bart Simpson."

http://springfieldfiles.com/albums/signs/0498.jpg
[+] 1 user Likes KnuckleTurtle's post
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Fucking sexaholics. Tongue

One at a time. This video rox. Johnny Cantor with YHWH; yet try and sort the Johnny from these three trillion self-organized cells, you'll find more than one invisible thing. Next!

from top documentary films: Note: This is not a documentary film in a strict sense. These are professionally edited short clips gathered from a YouTube channel named The Thinking Atheist. Mofo cannot read the fine print... Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Having watched that video I loathe it. I don't at all disagree with what the guy is saying. I don't care about insulting creationists or Christians. Atheism is AOK.

Something I *hate* is when people use images of e.g. the tsunami as propaganda. It makes me angry. Those people *died*. And now some FUCK is making a movie using their deaths to push his own agenda.

It's like that famous photo of the vulture stalking the kid. The guy who took that committed suicide. The kid probably died (he didn't help her). And now people put it in fucking cartoons about atheism and Christianity. How would you feel if people used the twin towers in a political campaign? Have you watched those movies? You see little black dots falling at the side of the building and you realise those are people who jumped to their deaths rather than die in the fire. You want that in a fucking tomato sauce commercial?

Sorry PeterK, if the other videos are like that then I get where you're coming from now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Angry
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
You go, morondog! I don't hafta defend nuffink. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
erm... hmmm... sorry bout that Confused lost it a bit... reacted without thinking.

Still feeling grumpy though.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post