Sex in heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Sex in heaven?
(26-08-2014 07:14 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Sounds like the most boring ppl will be in heaven. I don't want to have sex with a bunch of boring, straight laced religious men. Yuck!

If heaven exists, I mean. Big Grin

well i had a thought but now I have gotten completely distracted...Blink Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 04:14 PM
(27-08-2014 12:36 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 06:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So is there sex in heaven? Of course, heaven is an imaginary place like never-never land but is there sex in heaven? If you're there for eternity, which is a fuckingly long time, what else is there to do......knit? Just hang out with god? If there's no sex in heaven then it must be hell.

I kind of like the gnostic gospel of St Thomas, which points to the idea that heaven isn't a place, it's actually a state of mind, e.g. heaven is just "here and now" when my head is in a good place.

Against that idea, perhaps it makes more sense to look for heaven in sex, rather than sex in heaven?

Thomas 113 - His disciples said to him, "When will the Kingdom come?", Jesus answered and said, "It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!'. Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the Earth, and people don't see it!"

I'm telling you that Jesus dude was either an atheist or a pantheist. ... Consider ... amounts to the same thing I guess.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Heaven is just a bunch of clouds. On each cloud there sits a person and plays the harp. That is all there is, harps. I seen it on pictures, so it must be true. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-08-2014, 05:01 PM
(28-08-2014 04:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  Heaven is just a bunch of clouds. On each cloud there sits a person and plays the harp. That is all there is, harps. I seen it on pictures, so it must be true. Tongue

It's turtles all the way down and harps all the way up.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2014, 05:31 PM
According to a lot of Christians, There is no sex in heaven. Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus and the need to watch endlessly over your grandchildren from whatever Dimension you are from and to praise and worship Jesus endlessly for all eternity.

So basically, you are on your knees bowing up and down for all eternity to the same person forever as a ( even though they do not want to admit it ) Mindless slave.

In other words, With no desires what-so-ever, no negative emotions, and everything else that could possibly make you curious or be a negative or bad thing making you grow stronger as a human. Everything that makes you a human being and makes you who you are goes away completely and forever as if it never existed.

So, since you are not human anymore. Sex is something that you don't need...OH! and since your body is left back on earth...you can't get horny anyway. So there is that too.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
28-08-2014, 05:43 PM
(28-08-2014 05:31 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  According to a lot of Christians, There is no sex in heaven. Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus and the need to watch endlessly over your grandchildren from whatever Dimension you are from and to praise and worship Jesus endlessly for all eternity.

So basically, you are on your knees bowing up and down for all eternity to the same person forever as a ( even though they do not want to admit it ) Mindless slave.

In other words, With no desires what-so-ever, no negative emotions, and everything else that could possibly make you curious or be a negative or bad thing making you grow stronger as a human. Everything that makes you a human being and makes you who you are goes away completely and forever as if it never existed.

So, since you are not human anymore. Sex is something that you don't need...OH! and since your body is left back on earth...you can't get horny anyway. So there is that too.

"Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus" .

Well damn, you might as well be dead after you die.

That people actually believe this gives me the whim-whams. Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-08-2014, 06:17 PM
(28-08-2014 05:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus"

We call them the willies. It's how I feel whenever I read one of Luminon's or WickedClown's posts. Hobo

28-08-2014, 06:46 PM
(28-08-2014 05:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 05:31 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  According to a lot of Christians, There is no sex in heaven. Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus and the need to watch endlessly over your grandchildren from whatever Dimension you are from and to praise and worship Jesus endlessly for all eternity.

"Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus" .

That people find this desirable appalls me. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2014, 06:59 PM
(28-08-2014 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 05:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "Once you get into heaven you have no desires, No emotions other than love for Jesus" .

That people find this desirable appalls me. Shocking

Yeah, It kinda frightens me a little bit.

If this were somehow true, What is the difference between Atheism and Trusting god anyway? There is none, as I said in earlier threads before and forums and even Youtube video responses, If this were the case, than we are doing nothing but assuring that our soul " a completely separate and different entity than ourselves" some of our memories and nothing more.

It means you are replaced completely by a completely different entity and ensuring that they get to a nice place with YOUR memories and none of the desires.

If that is heaven, you can have it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
28-08-2014, 07:16 PM
(28-08-2014 06:59 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  That people find this desirable appalls me. Shocking

Yeah, It kinda frightens me a little bit.

If this were somehow true, What is the difference between Atheism and Trusting god anyway? There is none, as I said in earlier threads before and forums and even Youtube video responses, If this were the case, than we are doing nothing but assuring that our soul " a completely separate and different entity than ourselves" some of our memories and nothing more.

It means you are replaced completely by a completely different entity and ensuring that they get to a nice place with YOUR memories and none of the desires.

If that is heaven, you can have it.

Yes, you are a mere automaton. Ironic how the choice excuse is used to excuse the problem of evil, yet when the final curtain call is made, you shall be turned into a mere robot for eternity. Perhaps this is god's final solution to evil?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post