Sex scandals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Sex scandals
I am getting really tired of listening to news about sex scandals.

Who cares? Why would they discredit someone's work because of some very private activity?

I mean, if it involves children or such, yes, it's an issue, it's a crime. But two consenting adults?

And what's this about adultery being a crime in the military? Are we muslim now?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: Sex scandals
Yeah, me too... Dom. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 06:58 AM
And me. Never could see how an affair automatically makes someone bad at his profession. Boggles the mind. Really, the public really needs to get out of other people's bedrooms.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-11-2012, 07:02 AM
(13-11-2012 06:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am getting really tired of listening to news about sex scandals.

Who cares? Why would they discredit someone's work because of some very private activity?

I mean, if it involves children or such, yes, it's an issue, it's a crime. But two consenting adults?

And what's this about adultery being a crime in the military? Are we muslim now?
They have to put up a good smoke screen. The thing is, the US military is one of the biggest sexual "free-for-alls" that exists. If most moms and dads in "middle America" actually knew what a mess they were sending "little Johnny" off to, they would never allow little Jane and little Johnny to even consider it as an option. The percentage of US women that get assaulted in the military is shockingly high, and "little Johnny" has no clue what he's getting into unless he's been exposed to that sort of atmosphere before. But "officially" the military is WAY behind the times in terms of "official" policy. Most major US companies now have benefits for "partners". The military had to dragged, kicking and screaming into the 21st Century on even allowing gays to serve, and there are no benefits to this day, for partners. In the US, ONLY 18 year old men are STILL required to register for the Selective Service system, (even though there is no draft). If we don't register, no Federal school loans, no Fed grants for education etc. It's a strange culture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Adultery is very much against the rules in the American military. Can get you into all sorts of trouble from losing rank to being dishonorably discharged.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Too many repressed, ignorant Christians in this country. They like nothing more than to wallow in their moral outrage, even as they prolly take this shit into the bathroom with them... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Sex scandals?

Where? Who?

Tell me more.

I want all the details.

Meh.

13-11-2012, 08:07 AM
(13-11-2012 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sex scandals?

Where? Who?

Tell me more.

I want all the details.

Meh.
David Petraeus, CIA Director etc etc.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-11-2012, 08:38 AM
(13-11-2012 07:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Adultery is very much against the rules in the American military. Can get you into all sorts of trouble from losing rank to being dishonorably discharged.
Why? Is it about the whole thing of marriage being a commitment, and somehow twisted into the thought of "If you can't be faithful to your partner, then we don't trust you to be faithful to your country"?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-11-2012, 09:01 AM
(13-11-2012 08:38 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 07:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Adultery is very much against the rules in the American military. Can get you into all sorts of trouble from losing rank to being dishonorably discharged.
Why? Is it about the whole thing of marriage being a commitment, and somehow twisted into the thought of "If you can't be faithful to your partner, then we don't trust you to be faithful to your country"?
I am not sure of the whys and wherefores but I know that it was one of the first things we learned in basic training. An Article 15 is an official military reprimand and you don't want one on your record. Adultery was high on the list of things that could get you an Article 15. Not that it didn't go on, a lot. It's all about decorum and behaving in a manner where your integrity cannot be questioned.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy