Sex scandals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Sex scandals
(13-11-2012 08:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 07:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sex scandals?

Where? Who?

Tell me more.

I want all the details.

Meh.
David Petraeus, CIA Director etc etc.

I forgot to use the sarcasm font. Sorry.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Thank you, Dom, THANK YOU!

I'm so tired of someone getting discredited because of where they put their sexual organs.

It's more or less a diversion... to keep the idiots preoccupied.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-11-2012, 09:13 AM
(13-11-2012 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 08:38 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Why? Is it about the whole thing of marriage being a commitment, and somehow twisted into the thought of "If you can't be faithful to your partner, then we don't trust you to be faithful to your country"?
I am not sure of the whys and wherefores but I know that it was one of the first things we learned in basic training. An Article 15 is an official military reprimand and you don't want one on your record. Adultery was high on the list of things that could get you an Article 15. Not that it didn't go on, a lot. It's all about decorum and behaving in a manner where your integrity cannot be questioned.
Different words, same thing, I guess.

This is what popped in my head when I read your post:

[Image: tvsitter.jpg]
No wonder it goes on a lot...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Sex is not the issue.
4-Star Generals in a combat situation sending 20,000-30,000 pages of emails to a civilian is an issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/13/us/petraeu...?hpt=hp_t1

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Well, that is an issue I guess. Depending on what's in the emails and whether they were sent on their own time and device or not. If it's military computers, military info and/or military time, then it's a definite issue. But not because of the sex.

I remember travelling in Europe after the Clinton/Lewinski scandal and people asking me incredulously how the US could make such a fuss about someone getting a blowjob.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2012, 12:16 PM
(13-11-2012 12:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, that is an issue I guess. Depending on what's in the emails and whether they were sent on their own time and device or not. If it's military computers, military info and/or military time, then it's a definite issue. But not because of the sex.

I remember travelling in Europe after the Clinton/Lewinski scandal and people asking me incredulously how the US could make such a fuss about someone getting a blowjob.

Or the French Vice President asking what was the point of having power if it didn't include sex with young women.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, that's between him and the young women, long as they are not too young, and as long as it's consentual.

Rock stars do this all the time and no one cares, long as the music doesn't suffer.

Heck, men have done this throughout history. If women want to be part of it, fine, that's their problem. If not, then it's a whole other game.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, that's between him and the young women, long as they are not too young, and as long as it's consentual.

Rock stars do this all the time and no one cares, long as the music doesn't suffer.

Heck, men have done this throughout history. If women want to be part of it, fine, that's their problem. If not, then it's a whole other game.

13-11-2012, 02:11 PM
(13-11-2012 12:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 12:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, that is an issue I guess. Depending on what's in the emails and whether they were sent on their own time and device or not. If it's military computers, military info and/or military time, then it's a definite issue. But not because of the sex.

Or the French Vice President asking what was the point of having power if it didn't include sex with young women.

France doesn't actually have a Vice President, but that's just details. Although having a mistress is almost a required qualification for public office in France.
13-11-2012, 02:17 PM
As fucking idiotic as it is to judge a person's qualifications for a specific task based on unrelated character flaws, the thing that really irritates me as that people seem to apply it arbitrarily.

"Clinton had extramarital sex? HE ISN'T FIT TO RUN THE COUNTRY! IMPEACH HIM! JFK banged countless women? Ahhh yeah that roguish devil. What a charming philanderer."

If you are going to apply a standard, be consistent. If it isn't consistent, it's probably a shitty standard.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post