Sex wins!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Sex wins!
Quote:MADRID, June 9 (UPI) -- The Spanish parliament lifted a ban on advertising sexual services in print ads and online because of the economic recession.
Imagine that in a country so Roman Catholic as Spain... Big Grin

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2012/06/09/S...339279225/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 07:54 AM
RE: Sex wins!
I think I may go to Spain soon. Anything that puts a thumb in the eye of the Catholic Church you have to love.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
10-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Well played Spain

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
10-06-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 09:19 AM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(10-06-2012 07:54 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I think I may go to Spain soon. Anything that puts a thumb in the eye of the Catholic Church you have to love.

You'll love the churches converted to posh apartment buildings. Big Grin More everyday in Europe.

Beautiful, characteristic, imposing, sometimes centuries old churches that have never been in better condition, on the outside! Very spacious luxury 21st century apartments with all the modcons, including elevators, on the inside.
[+] 3 users Like Scarlet Pimpernel's post
10-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Sex always wins.

Also I would love to live in an old church. I hate church itself but the buildings sometimes have really nice architectural details. There is this one church in the last city I lived in that was fairly new but didn't look like it. They went old school with the design, and it was gorgeous. I had to go inside just once. My skin burned a little but that is to be expected.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I loved the old ones in the UK too. York was great. The stained glass knocked my socks off. The stone carving was out of this world. I carve wood and stone and loved it. I was in love with the craftsmanship and detail work. It must have took years on one piece of a stone.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
10-06-2012, 12:58 PM
(10-06-2012 12:53 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I loved the old ones in the UK too. York was great. The stained glass knocked my socks off. The stone carving was out of this world. I carve wood and stone and loved it. I was in love with the craftsmanship and detail work. It must have took years on one piece of a stone.
I hate seeing some of the old stonework crumbling though Sad The really old statues on some of the cathedrals are just stumps when they must have been totally amazing when they were first carved.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-06-2012, 01:12 PM
(10-06-2012 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 12:53 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I loved the old ones in the UK too. York was great. The stained glass knocked my socks off. The stone carving was out of this world. I carve wood and stone and loved it. I was in love with the craftsmanship and detail work. It must have took years on one piece of a stone.
I hate seeing some of the old stonework crumbling though Sad The really old statues on some of the cathedrals are just stumps when they must have been totally amazing when they were first carved.
Yes, it's distressing; pollution has really taken it's toll on amazing works of craftsmanship and art. There are entire ruins in Greece that have been all but obliterated by acid rain and pollution. Rome has attempted to restore some of their treasures and they've even moved some indoors to climate controlled environments.
There's a lot of damage to deal with, especially in the larger metropolitan cities.

Art is indeed transitory. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-06-2012, 01:17 PM
(10-06-2012 01:12 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 12:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  I hate seeing some of the old stonework crumbling though Sad The really old statues on some of the cathedrals are just stumps when they must have been totally amazing when they were first carved.
Yes, it's distressing; pollution has really taken it's toll on amazing works of craftsmanship and art. There are entire ruins in Greece that have been all but obliterated by acid rain and pollution. Rome has attempted to restore some of their treasures and they've even moved some indoors to climate controlled environments.
There's a lot of damage to deal with, especially in the larger metropolitan cities.

Art is indeed transitory. Shy
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sadcryface
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
(10-06-2012 01:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 01:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Art is indeed transitory. Shy
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sadcryface

There - there, it'll be ok; you'll be long dead before any of them are completely gone. Sleepy

Undecided That's ok, right?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post