Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2018, 03:12 PM
RE: Sexual Diversity + Equity
(08-01-2018 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Suck my axons and dendrites, bitch. Smile

Now THAT sounds overtly sexual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 03:33 PM by Vera.)
(08-01-2018 02:59 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Does being asexual mean you don't experience sexual arousal or attraction - or is it more that you just don't feel sufficiently motivated to do anything with it? Do asexual people masturbate?

All of those. As in, they
(we)
come in all shapes and forms Yes

Asexual people, though lacking sexual attraction to any gender, might engage in purely romantic relationships, while others might not. There are asexual-identified individuals who report that they feel sexual attraction but not the inclination to act on it because they have no true desire or need to engage in sexual or non-sexual activity (cuddling, hand-holding, etc.), while other asexuals engage in cuddling or other non-sexual physical activity. Some asexuals participate in sexual activity out of curiosity.Some may masturbate as a solitary form of release, while others do not feel a need to do so.

With regard to sexual activity in particular, the need or desire for masturbation is commonly referred to as sex drive by asexuals and they disassociate it from sexual attraction and being sexual; asexuals who masturbate generally consider it to be a normal product of the human body and not a sign of latent sexuality, and may not even find it pleasurable.

And: Many asexual people experience romantic attraction even though they do not feel sexual attraction. (or a much more subdued one, if I may add Blush )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
09-01-2018, 03:25 PM
I breathed an actual sigh of relief when I saw the strike-through on this poster's name.

Yet, I still feel compelled to add this quote:
"Equity and equality are two strategies we can use in an effort to produce fairness. Equity is giving everyone what they need to be successful. Equality is treating everyone the same. Equality aims to promote fairness, but it can only work if everyone starts from the same place and needs the same help." ---Amy Sun

I suspect that the difference between these concepts would have been difficult, if not impossible, for this person to grasp.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-01-2018, 03:52 PM
(09-01-2018 03:12 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(08-01-2018 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Suck my axons and dendrites, bitch. Smile

Now THAT sounds overtly sexual.

How about ...

Suck my vesicles and receive my action potential!
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
16-01-2018, 08:49 AM
(09-01-2018 03:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-01-2018 02:59 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Does being asexual mean you don't experience sexual arousal or attraction - or is it more that you just don't feel sufficiently motivated to do anything with it? Do asexual people masturbate?

All of those. As in, they
(we)
come in all shapes and forms Yes

Asexual people, though lacking sexual attraction to any gender, might engage in purely romantic relationships, while others might not. There are asexual-identified individuals who report that they feel sexual attraction but not the inclination to act on it because they have no true desire or need to engage in sexual or non-sexual activity (cuddling, hand-holding, etc.), while other asexuals engage in cuddling or other non-sexual physical activity. Some asexuals participate in sexual activity out of curiosity.Some may masturbate as a solitary form of release, while others do not feel a need to do so.

With regard to sexual activity in particular, the need or desire for masturbation is commonly referred to as sex drive by asexuals and they disassociate it from sexual attraction and being sexual; asexuals who masturbate generally consider it to be a normal product of the human body and not a sign of latent sexuality, and may not even find it pleasurable.

And: Many asexual people experience romantic attraction even though they do not feel sexual attraction. (or a much more subdued one, if I may add Blush )

That's really helpful, thank you!
16-01-2018, 09:19 AM
I was gonna say something in this thread, but I forgot. So here's some Leonard Nimoy instead.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
16-01-2018, 09:55 AM
(16-01-2018 08:49 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  That's really helpful, thank you!

You're welcome Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."