Sexual vs Gender preference and labels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 05:16 PM by Leerob.)
Sexual vs Gender preference and labels
So I just found this scale that puts you somewhere when it comes to your sexual preferences.

And I got to talk to a good friend about it.
Sexually speaking I turned out at pretty much a E4.5
My friend at an E3.
But we got to talk about gender as well because usually if you are interested in a person, they are not all sex, right? Not for me anyway.

So when I looked into this a bit deeper, I found that I actually prefer a female body (sexually speaking) but a male mind (genderly speaking).
What does that make me, because my mind isn't female but my body is...
Honestly I don't care much about the labels any more. I care about people, and that is pretty much it.

When I take into consideration, how much effort people put into categorizing themselves and putting them on specific shelves, they seem to care more about the label that they chose, than about what it is actually about. Life is not about labels in my opinion, it is about enjoying another person's company (if you chose to) and enjoying life itself as much as you can.

I remember when I started to find my place in the world during my teenage years and at first I thought I was lesbian, then got confused because I liked boys too, then finally found out that there are many people like that and it is called "bi-sexual". And now that I am approaching my mid-30s I find out how many words and scales and labels and terminologies have been pumped out in the past view years because people are being more open and they don't want a certain label because it doesn't quite fit them but they'd rather have another label.
It is sometimes getting ridiculous.
I remember when the "LGB" movement started. And it made sense to me. Then they added the "T" and it was "LGBT" and this still made sense but suddenly they added so many letters that I lost track and even as part of that movement and community, I stopped caring about the labels.

Dunno.
Opinions?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
05-06-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Sexual vs Gender preference and labels
Looks like I'm E1 but again, labels are for sorting not loving. Classifications are necessary for many things but I try not to classify people to whom I'm attracted to because there are just too many variables that are personality based.

I see nothing wrong with having labels for general purposes as long as you're flexible about it though.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
05-06-2016, 03:11 PM
"As a member of the LGBTQBJGSYLLBDDTOPNBTYDSTJNGIKNBVFDDKVSA community...."

No.

Can't we just have sex with people we find attractive without this clusterfuck of labels , genders, pronouns and the rest of this bullshit?

Sex used to be much simpler.

At least that's how I remember it. Confused

Unsure

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 8 users Like Slowminded's post
05-06-2016, 03:15 PM
E0. I would be an E1 if there was a fire category.
05-06-2016, 03:27 PM
I've often wondered about that myself.

Loving someone is not the same as being attracted to them or thinking of them sexually. That's the basic misunderstanding that makes people think that, say, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia or all kinds of weird kinks. But relationships are based on both sexual attraction and love.

For example, I think I could probably have sex with a woman, but I can't even imagine myself falling in love with one.
I would probably be an E1, but that would imply that I can actually fall in love with a woman, but I can't.

I know a woman who has had relationships with both men and women. I remember her saying that she likes women and "men who make love like lesbians", whatever that meant. What would she be?

This post feels a bit disjointed but what I'm trying to say is that labels are just that; labels. Sexuality is extremely complex and even that scale is not enough to accommodate everyone.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 6 users Like undergroundp's post
05-06-2016, 03:35 PM
I dunno....

I'm a Vagitarian...........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Not to derail, because the stats that might show up here could be relative.... do you think as a whole women are more sexually attraction flexible than men?

I know it's anecdotal on my part but for the people I know the majority of men claim only "either/or" no if's or bi's about it but about half the women I know are not quite as either/or on the issue. I just wonder if that would hold overall for the population.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
05-06-2016, 03:50 PM
(05-06-2016 03:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not to derail, because the stats that might show up here could be relative.... do you think as a whole women are more sexually attraction flexible than men?

I know it's anecdotal on my part but for the people I know the majority of men claim only "either/or" no if's or bi's about it but about half the women I know are not quite as either/or on the issue. I just wonder if that would hold overall for the population.

I had a buddy who explained it thus ----

"Few people find a woman caressing a breast objectionable......... The same can't be said about a man with balls dangling off his chin"...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2016, 03:52 PM
(05-06-2016 03:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 03:48 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not to derail, because the stats that might show up here could be relative.... do you think as a whole women are more sexually attraction flexible than men?

I had a buddy who explained it thus ----

"Few people find a woman caressing a breast objectionable......... The same can't be said about a man with balls dangling off his chin"...........

Laugh out load Okay then.

05-06-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm on my phone, I'll take the test tonight at home, I suppose.

Regarding the two genders' willingness to experiment with bisexuality, I think it's more socially acceptable for women to admit that than men.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post