• 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 09:18 AM
RE: Sexual vs Gender preference and labels
E2 I suppose
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 09:30 AM
I find this scale inadequate. I appreciate that it acknowledges asexuality, though.

I prefer the genderbread person to discuss ranges of sexuality and gender expression. It doesn't put anyone into a box.
http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2015...person-v3/

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
06-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Oh I like that Genderbread thing. Very good explanation. I might use it next time my mr has a question.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
06-06-2016, 08:31 PM
(06-06-2016 06:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  Oh I like that Genderbread thing. Very good explanation. I might use it next time my mr has a question.

It's really the most useful thing I've found to explain and describe sexuality and gender. A friend showed it to me and I've been spreading the word ever since, haha. Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
06-06-2016, 09:49 PM
(05-06-2016 02:42 PM)Leela Wrote:  So I just found this scale that puts you somewhere when it comes to your sexual preferences.

And I got to talk to a good friend about it.
Sexually speaking I turned out at pretty much a E4.5
My friend at an E3.
But we got to talk about gender as well because usually if you are interested in a person, they are not all sex, right? Not for me anyway.

So when I looked into this a bit deeper, I found that I actually prefer a female body (sexually speaking) but a male mind (genderly speaking).
What does that make me, because my mind isn't female but my body is...
Honestly I don't care much about the labels any more. I care about people, and that is pretty much it.

When I take into consideration, how much effort people put into categorizing themselves and putting them on specific shelves, they seem to care more about the label that they chose, than about what it is actually about. Life is not about labels in my opinion, it is about enjoying another person's company (if you chose to) and enjoying life itself as much as you can.

I remember when I started to find my place in the world during my teenage years and at first I thought I was lesbian, then got confused because I liked boys too, then finally found out that there are many people like that and it is called "bi-sexual". And now that I am approaching my mid-30s I find out how many words and scales and labels and terminologies have been pumped out in the past view years because people are being more open and they don't want a certain label because it doesn't quite fit them but they'd rather have another label.
It is sometimes getting ridiculous.
I remember when the "LGB" movement started. And it made sense to me. Then they added the "T" and it was "LGBT" and this still made sense but suddenly they added so many letters that I lost track and even as part of that movement and community, I stopped caring about the labels.

Dunno.
Opinions?

I'm an E ish but I don't like any of the numbers

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-06-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm quite definitely D0/E0-ish, although I love fabulous shoes. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 10:37 PM
(06-06-2016 10:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm quite definitely D0/E0-ish, although I love fabulous shoes. Drinking Beverage

Fashion is it's own reward.
06-06-2016, 10:38 PM
(06-06-2016 10:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm quite definitely D0/E0-ish, although I love fabulous shoes. Drinking Beverage

[Image: elleny.jpg]

#sigh
06-06-2016, 10:41 PM
F0 and A6.

Any questions?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-06-2016, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 11:03 PM by skyking.)
I do get it. Now.