Poll: Your reaction?
Sexy
Sexist
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sexy or sexist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Sexy or sexist?
Here is a little episode to ponder upon...

Preamble:
I am forever noticing (and grateful) that there is a different attitude towards sex between East and West.

Nope, I'll rephrase that... between parts of the world infested by the Judeo-Christian / Judeo-Muslim morality-virus and those parts that have a much more healthy attitude towards sex being unaffected by the influence of Paul, the puritans, the Victorians etc.

I have to make the distinction cos places like the Philippines have a huge Catholic population thanks to the fucking Spanish.
And, of course, France is a bit of an exception (as ever).

Here's the tale:
I keep complaining to my colleagues / handlers / mamasan, that I never get my 'complimentary girl on arrival' when I check into the KL hotel that is my second home.

Recently, one of colleagues, decided to call my bluff and arrange a little something for me.

So, I'm still unpacking and there a knock at the door and two reasonably attractive Thai girls are fluttering their false eyelashes and smiling sweetly and asking which of the two I would like to get to know more intimately.

Now, I know that my colleague was saying they were planning to do this but I did not think they really would arrange it, so I was calling their bluff too.

Being the gentleman I asked the girls if I could take a pic (as proof they has been there) and paid them for their time... actually, I paid them the going rate for a 'service' cos they were only there for 10 mins.

Consider

Well, ok, that's the same, I guess.

Anyway, next day, I showed by colleagues the pics and expressed by surprise that it was not a bluff.

To the point of the story:
If this had happened in e.g. the UK, I would expect at least a few people to express their horror / disgust / displeasure at the my behaviour and/or some form of moral out-pouring about the plight of the girls who have to / choose to do this kind of work.

Instead, every reaction was words to the effect of:

I like her / she's cute / I would have chosen that one.

Dodgy

Your thoughts?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Sexy or sexist?
Pics or it didn't happen.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Shows us the pics, so that we can choose, too.

Also - only ten minutes? You're good. Or fast. One or the other.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
(01-12-2012 12:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pics or it didn't happen.

Why was I expecting that?

I will respect the girls' privacy and not post here.

Check your email (yahoo)

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
(01-12-2012 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 12:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pics or it didn't happen.

Why was I expecting that?

Check your email (yahoo)
Well that was sexist. No

Seriously, though. Yes, Xtianity has screwed us up sexually something fierce. Even people who are not religious often exhibit this ridiculous puritanic view that sex is something shameful and disgusting that must be hidden, if indulged at all.

As for the plight of the girls, that's a whole different story. Yes, a lot of prostitutes are exploited, esp. in places where prostitution is illegal, and a lot of them are forced into this kind of work (literally or for lack of any other choice). A lot, but not all.

What was wrong with your behaviour, though? How should you have treated them?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I voted both because I could. Big Grin

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
01-12-2012, 12:39 PM
(01-12-2012 12:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I voted both because I could. Big Grin
Me too

01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Yahoo!

Answer...it's sexy, which makes me sexist? Consider

But the bigger question is, why would you have to choose between the two?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
(01-12-2012 12:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Why was I expecting that?

Check your email (yahoo)
Well that was sexist. No

Seriously, though. Yes, Xtianity has screwed us up sexually something fierce. Even people who are not religious often exhibit this ridiculous puritanic view that sex is something shameful and disgusting that must be hidden, if indulged at all.

As for the plight of the girls, that's a whole different story. Yes, a lot of prostitutes are exploited, esp. in places where prostitution is illegal, and a lot of them are forced into this kind of work (literally or for lack of any other choice). A lot, but not all.

What was wrong with your behaviour, though? How should you have treated them?

What, sexist cos I didn't send the pics to you? I will if you want to see them.

Re. my behaviour... I think some would think it perhaps distasteful that I allowed it (the 'immorality') to go that far / wasted the girls' time.

01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
(01-12-2012 12:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yahoo!

Answer...it's sexy, which makes me sexist? Consider

But the bigger question is, why would you have to choose between the two?
Whisper... just between you and me... if I hadn't just eaten, I would probably have had a double helping of dessert.

Don't tell anyone. Shhhhhh!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post