Poll: Your reaction?
Sexy
Sexist
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sexy or sexist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
RE: Sexy or sexist?
it's sexist of course, no need to ask actually Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Ah, well, don't bother now. The fact that you didn't even offer speaks for itself.

Again, seriously - what, you should've kicked them out of the room like stray dogs (I wouldn't kick a dog either, but that's irrelevant)? I'm assuming you treated them respectfully, as all human beings deserve to be treated, instead of shrieking in horror and barricading yourself in the bathroom, lest they fall upon you. It's like when door-to-door salesmen come to your house (that is, if there still were door-to-door salesmen), you listen to them, maybe engage in a bit of chitchat and then tell them you're not really interested. (Unless they're hot in which case you jump their bones... or they - yours. As the case may be Cool )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
(01-12-2012 12:58 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ah, well, don't bother now. The fact that you didn't even offer speaks for itself.

Again, seriously - what, you should've kicked them out of the room like stray dogs (I wouldn't kick a dog either, but that's irrelevant)? I'm assuming you treated them respectfully, as all human beings deserve to be treated, instead of shrieking in horror and barricading yourself in the bathroom, lest they fall upon you. It's like when door-to-door salesmen come to your house (that is, if there still were door-to-door salesmen), you listen to them, maybe engage in a bit of chitchat and then tell them you're not really interested. (Unless they're hot in which case you jump their bones... or they - yours. As the case may be Cool )

That's about the size of it. Dodgy

But the question relates to the reaction of my colleagues... do you think that they were being sexist?

01-12-2012, 01:17 PM
(01-12-2012 12:57 PM)nach_in Wrote:  it's sexist of course, no need to ask actually Sad

Well, there's a kicker to the story.

I'm thinking that someone astute and linguistically attentive might spot it.

Yes

01-12-2012, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 01:21 PM by Vera.)
(01-12-2012 01:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 12:58 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ah, well, don't bother now. The fact that you didn't even offer speaks for itself.

That's about the size of it. Dodgy

But the question relates to the reaction of my colleagues... do you think that they were being sexist?
Based only on what you told us of their reaction, I would say they reacted pretty much as everybody I know would have. Hell, if we worked together, I'd've done the same. It's not like you took naked pictures and posted them on your FB or something.

Would you have same the question, if it hadn't been two prostitutes, but two girls hitting on you, of whom you somehow took pictures and then showed them to your coworkers? Would this be (any more/less/at all) sexist?

EDIT: Look, wise-ass, I have heaps of pages to translate, I can't reread your story forever looking for clues as to that alleged kicker. Spill it, boyo!

01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
They were being sexist. if they were being sexy, they would have worn golden underwear and nothing else...

Apart from that, I am pretty sure that everyone, women included, are being sexist.
I mean... the hack, I was in a shopping center with my hubby and brother in law, and we were checking out the girls on the escalator... And actually chosing who'd be good. Who the hell cares. As long as I am not an asshole about it, hitting on everyone just for their looks, that is completely ok. I like seeing good looking people... And I like to voice that! And I like to voice what exactly I like about them (or not....).

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
...I'm confused...did you tap that or not?

If not: Shame on you! Sadcryface I used to look up to you, DLJ! *Throws computer* I hate you! I HATE YOU!!! Sadcryface2 *Storms off*

If so: *Fist-bump* Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM
(01-12-2012 01:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  ...
Spill it, boyo!

Reference to my Welshness, is it?

OK, the kicker...

From guys, I would expect that kinda 'sexist' comment but all my KL colleagues are female.

I would have expected at least one of them gone for some political correctosity and to have resisted the temptation to objectify the young ladies, but no.
No

So, I'm guessing it's an East vs West -thing.

01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
(01-12-2012 04:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 01:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  ...
Spill it, boyo!

Reference to my Welshness, is it?

OK, the kicker...

From guys, I would expect that kinda 'sexist' comment but all my KL colleagues are female.

I would have expected at least one of them gone for some political correctosity and to have resisted the temptation to objectify the young ladies, but no.
No

So, I'm guessing it's an East vs West -thing.
Yeah, but here's the thing, all you had were pictures. Not real girls, in front of them. It's easy to objectify people we see on TV, in magazines, in pictures. I'm not even sure I'd call it objectifying, it's just talking about the way they look. Nothing too bad about it (unless it is to mock the way someone looks and look for flaws, that's low, at least I find it to be beneath me).

(Didn't know 'boyo" was Welsh until today, bullseye, eh?)

PS. Oh yeah, all those "they" kinda threw me off, but I thought you were being too PC.

01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Healthy respect of sex?
or unhealthy disrespect of women?
Consider

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post