Sh*t people say to Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: Sh*t people say to Atheists
(19-04-2012 03:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 03:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  12 inches, duh...

Freakin' metric system... making sense and stuff, why don' you use our crappy system instead?!
Tee hee Smile You guys are completely bananas. I mean you have ounces and fluid ounces and miles and naval miles and billions and imperial billions and I don't know what else. Gallons... Pounds of weight and pounds of force. Foot pounds, whatever those are. It pains me that one day I will probably have to learn these things... screw you and your dominant technology Tongue How many yards in a mile? 1640 or something isn't it?
[Image: Liquid-Measure-Conversion-Chart1.bmp]

Liquids are measured by volume. Solids by weight.

Foot lbs is pretty simple. 1 ft lb is the twisting force exerted by 1 lb extending 1 foot from an object. If you have a socket wrench with a 12 inch handle (1 foot) and place 1 lb on the it it's providing 1 ft lb of force on the bolt. 1 lb extended 2 feet out would be 2 ft lbs. 4 lbs extended 6 inches out would be 2 ft lbs of force.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the explanation. If ever I run out of broken glass to cut myself with, I will read that table Smile

But foot pounds make sense...

If you use pounds and feet...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2012, 02:35 PM
(24-04-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Thanks for the explanation. If ever I run out of broken glass to cut myself with, I will read that table Smile

But foot pounds make sense...

If you use pounds and feet...
Even most people here don't know what lb. ft is. As for the rest, it makes just as much sense to me as metric does to the rest of the world. I can't say the same for everyone but 5280 ft in a mile is just as engrained in me as 1000 meters in a kilometer.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
24-04-2012, 02:39 PM
(19-04-2012 12:40 PM)whateverist Wrote:  What's easy to forget is that some most places you can't spit ten feet without hitting a Christian.

I can spit 20 hands.

(24-04-2012 12:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't think God is a stalker, but many of his followers are! Big Grin

That bastard watches you masturbate.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
13-09-2012, 08:53 AM
My favorite was from a girl I went to high school with and I quote "So does that mean you believe in the devil?"
Yes, exactly.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
[+] 1 user Likes ctull's post
13-09-2012, 09:11 AM
(13-09-2012 08:53 AM)ctull Wrote:  My favorite was from a girl I went to high school with and I quote "So does that mean you believe in the devil?"
Yes, exactly.

In that case I would just yell "HAIL LUCIFER, PRINCE OF DARKNESS." just to freak'em out.
13-09-2012, 09:17 AM
(13-09-2012 09:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:53 AM)ctull Wrote:  My favorite was from a girl I went to high school with and I quote "So does that mean you believe in the devil?"
Yes, exactly.

In that case I would just yell "HAIL LUCIFER, PRINCE OF DARKNESS." just to freak'em out.

I think she was even more horrified when I told her that I believe he doesn't exist either. She didn't speak to me much after that, lol. "Girl, you crazy"

I believe its quite contrary.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
23-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I watched IGotCoolSocks' video and quickly tripped over the one that makes me angry (mostly because of the person who said it to me): the 'you're just going through a phase' and 'you still believe in God, you just don't know it.'

... Angry ... Censored ... Evil_monster

diediedie666fornicatedieinafire

Ahem. Sorry. That just really ... as if I'm just a recalcitrant child who --

Shutting up now. :X

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 3 users Like calmblueocean's post
23-10-2012, 09:15 PM
I have been asked how I can be an Atheist after attending Catholic school from 6th grade through high school graduation...I think that had a lot to do with my non-belief.

Hubby likes to tell me I am going to hell for being Atheist although he certainly doesn't live by any Christian rules that I can see.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
23-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Aren't you afraid of going to hell?

What happens if I'm wrong? What if your wrong? (They always think "I gotcha!" when they say this too)

Have you listened to what Jesus said? or Have you read the Bible?

I'm praying for you.

Jesus loves you anyway.

Will you go to church with me?

If there is no God then where did the universe come from, nothing?

I didn't come from no monkey.

Prove there is no God.