Sh*t people say to Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Sh*t people say to Atheists
(25-10-2012 11:19 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  *Look of confusion* "...Well...then what are you supposed to worship?"

In her defense, though, she was a very sweet young woman who's mind had been defiled by religion since birth, so it's not entirely her fault that she had no concept of *not* worshipping something.

Yeah, that's probably why a lot of people just think I worship the devil. They figure if I don't worship their god, I must worship the other guy. It blows my mind that people think that way though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
25-10-2012, 12:02 PM
(25-10-2012 11:54 AM)amyb Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 11:19 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  *Look of confusion* "...Well...then what are you supposed to worship?"

In her defense, though, she was a very sweet young woman who's mind had been defiled by religion since birth, so it's not entirely her fault that she had no concept of *not* worshipping something.

Yeah, that's probably why a lot of people just think I worship the devil. They figure if I don't worship their god, I must worship the other guy. It blows my mind that people think that way though.

It is quite baffling. And I'll admit, my response to her was probably a bit more unkind than it should have been. Eh, oh well.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
25-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I briefly explain the accident that I'm still recovering from.

Him: "God wouldn't do that if He didn't have a plan."

Me: "Yeah, well, I'm an atheist."

Him: "Well I'm sorry to hear that."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes griffon8's post
25-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow, reading this I am surprised at how few people actually know other atheists in reality. I know at least 5 atheists just in my school of about 200 people.

Oh, and the reactions we get? Not much anymore now that we have established ourselves. People would sometimes wonder but then they would just move on.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
25-10-2012, 08:07 PM
If Atheists are critical thinkers and free thinkers then, (insert some uneducated opinion here)

This one happens all the time when arguing with theists who've debated a couple times before.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-10-2012, 12:25 AM
(25-10-2012 08:04 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Wow, reading this I am surprised at how few people actually know other atheists in reality. I know at least 5 atheists just in my school of about 200 people.

Oh, and the reactions we get? Not much anymore now that we have established ourselves. People would sometimes wonder but then they would just move on.

I agree with you. I'm active duty military and its rare to find a believe in my career field. Of the 15 or so people that work in the office I am in exactly one of them is a believer. I've had crowds gather around my desk while listening to TTA podcasts at work. Have I mentioned I love my job? lol
26-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Someone I know had relatives (a kid and a man) that were killed in a car crash.

I cringed when I heard someone say something along the lines of God has a plan and we don't understand his mysteries (referring to the accident).
26-10-2012, 01:34 AM
(25-10-2012 08:04 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Wow, reading this I am surprised at how few people actually know other atheists in reality.
Exact opposite for me. I don't know a single religious person on my school. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-10-2012, 02:06 PM
(26-10-2012 01:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 08:04 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Wow, reading this I am surprised at how few people actually know other atheists in reality.
Exact opposite for me. I don't know a single religious person on my school. Smile

Fuckin' Germans, too damn efficient for their own good. Still trying to breed the √úbermensch. If we keep them contained I can only hope they eventually turn Japanese. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-10-2012, 02:14 PM
They're probably all inside, not on the school smoking pot between classes like the heathens.