Shadow Fox Challenges Gordon To a Debate
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 07:59 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Shadow Fox Challenges Gordon To a Debate
I the great and all mighty Shadow Fox, hereby challenge The Thinking Atheist forums member named Gordon. With the permission of my peers and the administration staff of The Thinking Atheist Forums. I will be making this a formal forum debate. As per the rules of engagement of the Boxing Ring, no other members are allowed to interact or interrupt the debate between the two of us.

I would like to Enlist the assistance of any forum Representative to oversee the debate. They will act as an end debate administrator. Once we have reached an impasse, our topic has reached a point of repetition, or one of us moves to end the debate in defeat. This topic will be opened to questions from 5 forum members that may be addressed to either of us. The questions must be answered in a timely manner. Then we will put an end to this topic.

I was not able to keep up with the 32 pages of your first post, but I can see a topic of interest is the validity of Atheism being a correct stance on the subject of the divine or way of thinking about life, the universe and everything.

While It is in my opinion that Atheism has no reason to be defended or apologized for, I will be defending Atheism as its proponent, you I assume will be arguing against Atheism.

Our topics must remain on atheism and the categories of interest for us to speak on.

Morality
The meaning of life
The divine
Whether or not Atheism is reasonable.

The Start time of this will begin on Friday December 19, 2014 at the time of approx. 10:00AM -8 PST - Anytime after this point in time on this day is when I can donate my time to the topic. Otherwise I have too much time during the day for work and other important things, so we will have to begin this when you start.

We will not begin until you make the first official post after the point in time in which is specified on the above.

Oh, and here is my theme song as I walk onto the debate stage...cannot forget the theme song!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
16-12-2014, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 11:09 PM by Gordon.)
RE: Shadow Fox Challenges Gordon To a Debate
I'm not clear: you're asking me to start this debate? No.

Who the fuck are you that I should debate you? As you noticed, I get 32 pages when I post. [Image: idea2.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 11:13 PM
DUPLICATE PLEASE DELETE

(16-12-2014 11:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm not clear: you're asking me to start this debate? No.

Who the fuck are you that I should debate you? As you noticed, I get 32 pages when I post. [Image: idea2.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 11:51 PM
(16-12-2014 11:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm not clear: you're asking me to start this debate? No.

I am Shadow Fox. I wish to debate you for the simple task of being able to personally refute your claims about atheism / religion and anything else relating to the topics.

If you have a better topic in mind. Please do share.

Often times when someone exactly like you walks into the forum, they are often times challenged by a member. I took it on my self to be that one person this time.

Are you afraid of a little one on one with one of the forums finest newer members?

If you do not wish to, that is fine. It will just make you a science damned coward and after refusing a debate with me. Your time here will most likely be cut even shorter than the others who came before you. At least they all had the testicular fortitude to engage someone in a formal debate.

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
17-12-2014, 02:27 PM
"Who the fuck are you that I should debate you?" Who the fuck are you not to be challenged to one?

"A witty quote means nothing"
17-12-2014, 03:17 PM

Such a telling reply. Eddy here thinks that getting 32 pages of being called a delusional twit is somehow a feather in his cap. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2014, 02:54 PM
As a last thought, the reason why Gordon would need to start this is because whatever subject we end up agreeing on would more or less require him to begin since the point of which is that I would be refuting and debunking his arguments and beliefs etc.

It would also be required since I would not want to begin and write something, just for him to say no like he did and have wasted the time and effort to write anything.

So, this is not me asking him to challenge me which somehow he misinterpreted my opening message as. This is me handing him slack and giving him ground with me as equals as we both discuss the terms of the debate with handing him the coin toss of going first.

We will see Friday if he changes his mind or not. If not it is no skin off my nose really.

21-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Debating Gordon:

Gordon is dishonest and full of shit.

Debate over.
21-12-2014, 10:40 PM

[Image: RPYH95t.png]