Shadow of Mordor out now... tempting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Shadow of Mordor out now... tempting
I've kinda lost the will to buy new games recently, and although Shadow of Mordor has been given the casual blowjob ratings from IGN, folks around that aren't bought corporate assets seem to like it enough to give it atleast 8/10's. I've got mah money ready, but I guess I should wait a bit before buying just for the sake of glitches or serious gamebreakers. Or that the game sucks of course.

Honestly, I was interested from the start when somebody decided to take the LOTR license somewhere else. So, it's pretty much a thread made for anyone's views and expectations around it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Shadow of Mordor out now... tempting
I'm still waiting for a LOTR or a LOTR-inspired game that won't be just like the others and with more effort put into it.

Now, this one looks different and I will try it, but I can never expect too much.

Welcome back by the way! Thumbsup

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-09-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd like to have it but my computer can't take much more, maybe I'll look into steam box or something. The game plays similar to assassin's creed but with magic, which isn't a bad thing..maybe wait until its on sale.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
03-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Two words.

Steam-Sale.

I can wait. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm too skint to buy games anymore...

Next gigs are in November, so I might treat myself then... There's a few interesting titles out now. Assassin's Creed Rogue looks interesting, as does Far Cry 4, Forza Horizon 2 and something else I can't remember.

Always a pain this time of year... So many games, so little money.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Its single player... So if you have a decent pc... You know what to do. Try before you buy Wink

I was getting it regardless, so I grabbed it for ps4 since I'm sharing libraries with a friend.

It is a very good game. The map size is surprisingly small and lacking variation or vegetation... But everything else is fantastic. The unlocking of skills, runes, etc are almost all useful and worth working toward. And dying, while still frustrating, creates enemies for revenge missions when you resurrect. Enemies that you "kill" but fail to decapitate will surprise you from time to time, returning with mutilations. I cut metal beards beard off and now his name makes no sense. Another guy has been devastated about 3 times, now he's missing an eye, and has a metal ribcage.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-10-2014, 01:08 AM
It's the first game of the "next gen" that actually lives up to the hype. I've been having an absolute blast with it. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-10-2014, 01:11 AM
If I get this job I'll buy it, meanwhile: uggggggggggggggggg I'm so poor and I want it so bad (even though it doesn't come out here for another 4days).

[Image: oscar.png]
05-10-2014, 05:38 AM
I need a new PC.
Plus even if I wanted to play it on minimum requirements I'd be out of 25gb which I really don't have to spare. UGH

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-10-2014, 12:19 PM
(05-10-2014 05:38 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I need a new PC.
Plus even if I wanted to play it on minimum requirements I'd be out of 25gb which I really don't have to spare. UGH

You mean monthly net cap? Cause if you can't spare 25gb HDD space, you can get a 1tb drive for about $50 here in Canada, probably like $35 or $40 in the states I bet.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post