Shai Reads The Case for Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2017, 12:47 PM
RE: Shai Reads The Case for Christ
(23-04-2017 09:09 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 08:04 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If there was ever a better pictoral summation for this book, I have never seen it.
Well...I'd not considered that before, but now you make me wonder, was I more full of shit, or is this book? Tongue

I don't think that a person who wears a buttplug 24/7 could be more full of shit than this book. Also, you are at least self-correcting. You actually purge the shit, this book encourages others eat this shit by convincing a tasteless populace that they are eating steak, and then smearing this shit onto others, including children. You my friend, have nothing on Lee Strobel in the shit department.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
23-04-2017, 02:18 PM
(23-04-2017 09:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Here's my take on the case for Christ..... There isn't one.
The end.

...that might've saved 200+ pages. Tongue

(23-04-2017 12:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 09:09 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well...I'd not considered that before, but now you make me wonder, was I more full of shit, or is this book? Tongue

I don't think that a person who wears a buttplug 24/7 could be more full of shit than this book. Also, you are at least self-correcting. You actually purge the shit, this book encourages others eat this shit by convincing a tasteless populace that they are eating steak, and then smearing this shit onto others, including children. You my friend, have nothing on Lee Strobel in the shit department.

Well thanks my friend, that's good to know.. Smile Also it's sad but interesting you mention kids. When I was doing my digging to see Strobel was a pastor at a church during the last interview I found out there's a Case For... series for kids by Zonderkids, an imprint of Zondervan (they're big thing is Bibles).
The Case for Christ for Kids
The Case for a Creator for Kids
The Case for Faith for Kids

and... Off My Case for Kids: 12 Stories to Help You Defend Your Faith

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2017, 03:36 PM
(22-04-2017 09:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Next Habermas tells us that Paul uses the words "received and believed" which shows he's passing on holy teaching, as these words are used in rabbinical tradition. Now, since the Bible says that Saul of Tarsus, who would become Paul, was well versed in Jewish theology no one tell Aliza I said that..., couldn't he have just said that for that very reason?

Angry

Okay, I know the NT says that, but the NT is reflects nothing of Jewish values or traditions. Why would their description of Paul be any different?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
23-04-2017, 03:49 PM
(23-04-2017 02:18 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 09:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Here's my take on the case for Christ..... There isn't one.
The end.

...that might've saved 200+ pages. Tongue

(23-04-2017 12:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't think that a person who wears a buttplug 24/7 could be more full of shit than this book. Also, you are at least self-correcting. You actually purge the shit, this book encourages others eat this shit by convincing a tasteless populace that they are eating steak, and then smearing this shit onto others, including children. You my friend, have nothing on Lee Strobel in the shit department.

Well thanks my friend, that's good to know.. Smile Also it's sad but interesting you mention kids. When I was doing my digging to see Strobel was a pastor at a church during the last interview I found out there's a Case For... series for kids by Zonderkids, an imprint of Zondervan (they're big thing is Bibles).

My wife bought TCFC for kids. I should have done an official reading of it but the parent in me just wanted to burn it with fire to send it back to the depths of hell from which it came.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
23-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Query: how does one go about arranging a deathmatch between the two of you, OT (Tanakh?) vs. NT, as it were?

Asking for a friend Angel

Also, Organic Chemist, thanks a bunch for that pretty visual. Dodgy

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2017, 04:02 PM
(23-04-2017 03:54 PM)Vera Wrote:  Query: how does one go about arranging a deathmatch between the two of you, OT (Tanakh?) vs. NT, as it were?

Tanakh is correct, OT is incorrect if you're asking for the Jewish perspective. Smile

I'd go head to head with Shai.... except for the fact that I simply like him and am not otherwise offended by his beliefs or willing to risk my friendship with him by crossing lines that need not be crossed.

But I'd totally go head to head with some random meshugganah Christian who stops by to proselytize. You can read an example of my work here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ristianity
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
23-04-2017, 04:07 PM
How 'bout just pummelling each other a bit with the two tomes, then? Just for funsies Blush

[Image: bookfight.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2017, 04:22 PM
(23-04-2017 04:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 03:54 PM)Vera Wrote:  Query: how does one go about arranging a deathmatch between the two of you, OT (Tanakh?) vs. NT, as it were?

Tanakh is correct, OT is incorrect if you're asking for the Jewish perspective. Smile

I'd go head to head with Shai.... except for the fact that I simply like him and am not otherwise offended by his beliefs or willing to risk my friendship with him by crossing lines that need not be crossed.

But I'd totally go head to head with some random meshugganah Christian who stops by to proselytize. You can read an example of my work here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ristianity

I would pay to see you debate Shai but only if you dress like a peacock and he dresses like Paul Atraides.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
23-04-2017, 04:24 PM
(23-04-2017 03:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 09:36 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Next Habermas tells us that Paul uses the words "received and believed" which shows he's passing on holy teaching, as these words are used in rabbinical tradition. Now, since the Bible says that Saul of Tarsus, who would become Paul, was well versed in Jewish theology no one tell Aliza I said that..., couldn't he have just said that for that very reason?

Angry

Okay, I know the NT says that, but the NT is reflects nothing of Jewish values or traditions. Why would their description of Paul be any different?

Because Gary Habermas says so, and we've reached the point in the book where we now believe the compilation of the Bible to be inerrant and such. Yes or that's what the book seems to be implying, since they're no longer even trying to pretend there should be other sources than the Bible.

(23-04-2017 03:49 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 02:18 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...that might've saved 200+ pages. Tongue

My wife bought TCFC for kids. I should have done an official reading of it but the parent in me just wanted to burn it with fire to send it back to the depths of hell from which it came.
Normally I find the act of burning a book abhorrent...but...did you send it into the flames? Also I'm so sorry, imagine you were less than happy, to understate things, when she did.

(23-04-2017 04:07 PM)Vera Wrote:  How 'bout just pummelling each other a bit with the two tomes, then? Just for funsies Blush

[Image: bookfight.jpg]

I am proud not to be a crazy/meshugganah Christian that Aliza wants to pummel. Tongue She'd probably win and knows it.

Edit: Organic Chemist, only if I get to yell "ya hya chouhada!" too. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
23-04-2017, 04:29 PM
(23-04-2017 04:24 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-04-2017 03:49 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  My wife bought TCFC for kids. I should have done an official reading of it but the parent in me just wanted to burn it with fire to send it back to the depths of hell from which it came.
Normally I find the act of burning a book abhorrent...but...did you send it into the flames? Also I'm so sorry, imagine you were less than happy, to understate things, when she did.

I actually didn't burn it, the garbage company recycled it. Although the Kraut in me really wanted to burn it, there was no practical way to do so. I just wanted that garbage as far from my children as possible. I skimmed it and I think I lost a few brain cells. It is actually worse than TCFC if you can believe it.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post