Shai Reads The Case for Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Shai Reads The Case for Christ
(14-05-2017 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'd be interested for God Delusion. Frankly I thought it was pretty decent, so I'll be interested to see if debunking is possible.

As far as debunking it, I had no problem with the info it contained on the notion of "gods or no gods". I just personally didn't find it to be well written. I think I would have preferred something a little less personal and a bit more schollarly.

Truth be told, aside from Hitch, I'm not all that into what might be considered "atheist literature", I'd rather sit down with a good story. Wink

That's also why I suggested the novel, Under Tiberious. It's a quick read and probably not what one might be expecting. It's a thinker. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-05-2017, 11:48 AM
The problem with some counter-apologetics is being too generous. It often assumes that coherent concepts have been defined, when often they have not. There's nothing to even refute in an argument based on nonsense ideas.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post
14-05-2017, 01:12 PM
(14-05-2017 10:11 AM)kim Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'd be interested for God Delusion. Frankly I thought it was pretty decent, so I'll be interested to see if debunking is possible.

As far as debunking it, I had no problem with the info it contained on the notion of "gods or no gods". I just personally didn't find it to be well written. I think I would have preferred something a little less personal and a bit more schollarly.

Truth be told, aside from Hitch, I'm not all that into what might be considered "atheist literature", I'd rather sit down with a good story. Wink

That's also why I suggested the novel, Under Tiberious. It's a quick read and probably not what one might be expecting. It's a thinker. Shy

Ah right Smile I eventually stopped reading God delusion. Got to chapter 5 and just got bored. So I totally understand getting turned off by his style.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-05-2017, 07:17 AM

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post