Shakespeare folio found

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Shakespeare folio found
Not sure if this should go in the History section or the Book/Reading section of the forum but anyway it's pretty cool.

I saw one of the folios in the Huntington Library down in LA years ago. This one could go for over 7 mil. dollars.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30206476

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Shakespeare folio found
That is overshadows an early non Roman sanctioned Bibble makes it's an even greater piece.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
26-11-2014, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 10:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-11-2014 09:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Not sure if this should go in the History section or the Book/Reading section of the forum but anyway it's pretty cool.

I saw one of the folios in the Huntington Library down in LA years ago. This one could go for over 7 mil. dollars.

Wow. Is that ever cool !!!! Thumbsup
We really like the Huntington Library. It's close to Caltech, so we go over there to eat and study, (they have a "tea room"). It's a really amazing place.
It's also close to Santa Anita ... my MOST favorite place on earth. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-11-2014, 05:15 PM
(26-11-2014 09:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-11-2014 09:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Not sure if this should go in the History section or the Book/Reading section of the forum but anyway it's pretty cool.

Wow. Is that ever cool !!!! Thumbsup
We really like the Huntington Library. It's close to Caltech, so we go over there to eat and study, (they have a "tea room"). It's a really amazing place.
It's also close to Santa Anita ... my MOST favorite place on earth. Weeping

I used to live in South Pasadena and went out to the Huntington Library a few times. They have a wonderful wisteria vine in an arbor out in the garden area that is just stunning in the Spring. I drove past Caltech many times. Santa Anita Race Track is where all the movie stars in the 40's and 50's went to throw away their excess money. Be careful there. It's a fun place if you bet on the right ponies though. POST TIME!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.