Shakespeare

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Shakespeare
I was searching through some books I had inherited a while back, and though I'll never read them as they are fictional war books, and I barely read any fiction at all if ever. I did find something that caught my eye.

Shakespeare: The Complete Works

Now I'm not one much for book covers (I take the book covers off and throw them away). The book itself is.... well it's bigger than the bible or the quran, and as I said before I usually don't read fiction but this is Shakespeare! Thank god I didn't have to buy this book, it probably would've cost me around 50$ at the book store. I'll probably read through it bit by bit, one story at a time, if I ever find myself with the power out in the middle of a storm I got myself some good reading material.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
17-03-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Shakespeare
Shakespeare is delightful.
Not sure why you don't like book covers or why you need the power to go out to read, or why you wouldn't read fiction (though I think you do but haven't realized it yet) but that's your thing.

What style is this book? If you're not big into the language of Shakespeare it can be daunting without a study guide. I don't require one but I remember in highschool most of the kids did.

Is it this version? If so you're lucky.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2012, 11:51 AM
(17-03-2012 11:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Shakespeare is delightful.
Not sure why you don't like book covers or why you need the power to go out to read, or why you wouldn't read fiction (though I think you do but haven't realized it yet) but that's your thing.

What style is this book? If you're not big into the language of Shakespeare it can be daunting without a study guide. I don't require one but I remember in highschool most of the kids did.

I find study guides really interesting - they give you lots of background on the times. Shakespeare is the absolute *king*. Knocks most modern movie script writers into a cocked hat.
17-03-2012, 11:56 AM
(17-03-2012 11:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Shakespeare is delightful.

It's not leatherbound but it is hardcover, and I'm pretty sure it's in the language of shakespeare, though I really don't mind. Still... 90$... thank god I got it for free. As for book covers, I value the content inside the book more than some picture on the outside. So in order not to judge a book by it's cover, I remove the cover. (they also look better that way when you have a lot of them)
26-03-2012, 04:43 AM
I have a complete version of Shakespeare's work at home and didn't regret buying it. I think it's good to have some classic authours at home and it's always worth to read it. Do you collect books? Do you like Shakespeare? Then please go for it! Smile
26-03-2012, 12:03 PM
(26-03-2012 04:43 AM)Lyssa Wrote:  I have a complete version of Shakespeare's work at home and didn't regret buying it. I think it's good to have some classic authours at home and it's always worth to read it. Do you collect books? Do you like Shakespeare? Then please go for it! Smile

Shakespeare wrote some great fart jokes. Those alone recommend him. Love the history plays. The comedies are really funny in parts. Trying to force myself to read King Lear. Not liking that one so much.

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 1 user Likes San Onofre Surfer's post
29-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Macbeth is a classic. Find the way Shakespeare wrote...fascinating. He had such a way with words. Then....no one has my heart the way Poe does.