Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? - Demographics and Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Video Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? - Demographics and Religion

So with decreasing Western (ie. White) and East-Asian populations, secularism is seeing a decline. Whereas with increasing developing populations (Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle-East, South America), religious fundamentalism is seeing an advancement.

And here I thought religion was eventually done for... Undecided

What are your thoughts on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes shimmyjimmy's post
12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? - Demographics and Religion
No.

While the proportion of white people is falling, especially in developed nations, the percentage of people who identify as "nones" in these same cultures is rising. So while the demographics are shifting the number of non-religious and secular people is also rising. It is fairly clear that education is negatively correlated with religiousness, and with the spread of education religion should begin to decline.

I would also like to say that the population of many of the developed nations is rising, and the percentage of secularists or non-religious is especially high among the young.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
12-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I am so happy most of the world can see how beautiful and loving our creator is. He is the truth and light, the only way, to God! Smile

~ Miss Meng
12-03-2014, 06:17 PM
(12-03-2014 05:51 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I am so happy most of the world can see how beautiful and loving our creator is. He is the truth and light, the only way, to God! Smile

~ Miss Meng

[Image: 1391452108792.jpg]

It's like you're not even trying.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
12-03-2014, 06:20 PM
(12-03-2014 05:51 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  I am so happy most of the world can see how beautiful and loving our creator is. He is the truth and light, the only way, to God! Smile

~ Miss Meng

35% is most? Wargarble?

At least you're consistent... ly stupid.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
(12-03-2014 01:58 PM)natachan Wrote:  No.

While the proportion of white people is falling, especially in developed nations, the percentage of people who identify as "nones" in these same cultures is rising. So while the demographics are shifting the number of non-religious and secular people is also rising. It is fairly clear that education is negatively correlated with religiousness, and with the spread of education religion should begin to decline.

I would also like to say that the population of many of the developed nations is rising, and the percentage of secularists or non-religious is especially high among the young.

I think this is likely the case. Also, I'm not sure what the effects on religious immigrants would be if they move to more secular developed places. Sure, they might make the population more religious, or they might become less religious themselves.

We know education correlates negatively with religion. If the world becomes more educated, the issue may see a reversal.
12-03-2014, 07:00 PM

~ Miss Meng

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ma...as-revenge

Ya god.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
12-03-2014, 08:04 PM

~ Miss Meng

[Image: 7785036414d1d4d7.jpg]

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
12-03-2014, 08:09 PM
(12-03-2014 01:58 PM)natachan Wrote:  No.

But the figures he mentions suggest otherwise. The percentage of religious people has risen a few percent in just a few decades, and current projections show that it will continue to rise.
13-03-2014, 04:39 AM
In underdeveloped countries.