Shamanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: Shamanism
thanks kim. Also I'm 16.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 10:55 AM
(31-01-2013 10:21 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Man I suck at explaining, luckily chas has gotten quite close to what I was trying to say. The only difference is that I try to channel my feelings of happiness and well being into those around me as well.

Fuck, I was helpful? Shocking

I've got to work on that. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2013, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 11:08 AM by Luminon.)
(31-01-2013 12:14 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Hey guys, thought I shiuld let you know that I'm not really an atheist anymore. I decided to take the path of shamanism (yes imma hippy).

The bottom line of shamanism is be nice. (which I suck at). and then there is some energy manipulation stuff as well. After that it just gets weird.

Anyway any questions you guys got I'll try and answer.
I think I understand your choice - it was one of my intense hobbies around your age. Together with growing cannabis.
This kind of interest is a very common and standard thing, this is virtually everyone's access point to spirituality, the lowest common spiritual denominator. There's nothing wrong with trying it, only with staying at it too long.
Anyway, I'm naturally gifted with energy manipulation, so I could do some exploration. I did my exploration, wasn't satisfied with what I found and went another way.
(As for all you other rational folks around here, please have patience, now I'm going to use some New Age jargon, please don't take it all literally, I want to have some reputation left when I'm done with this thread Tongue )

Energy manipulation is an interesting thing. But eventually if you're honest with yourself (or unless you're extremely good at it) you realize it doesn't do all that much. By myself, I was not powerful enough to make it worthwhile once the novelty wears off and demands on some real life results kick in. This is why all shamans and other occultists of history always sought a higher power to help them out.

The problem is, "spiritual world" isn't exactly natural. In nature, you can go to a place and dig up some coal that just lies there for millions of years and have a great source of energy that is just yours. In spiritual world, this is not so. Everything there belongs to somebody or something. You get some basic energy to live from the solar prana and from Earth, but that's it. Want more? Pay for it. And this is where the law of attraction kicks in. Similar things resonate together. Like attracts like. Do you want to have fun? You'll attract beings that want to have fun too, at your expense. Do you want knowledge? You'll attract beings that'll use you as a typewriter and a gullible fool to believe their ramblings that in real life you wouldn't take seriously. Do you want to become more powerful? You'll attract a being that wants to be powerful too - and who will suck you out of energy.
I'd say this shamanism is quite a low path for a self-respecting human being of today. We are the living people. We invented the internet and developed great sciences. We don't have to listen to spirit ramblings. You wouldn't listen to your neighbor Joe when he was alive, what makes you think he got wiser after he died? Maybe there is a reason why we don't see or hear any spirits or feel energies - we were not supposed to, we needed to focus on developing our ability to control the material world. When this is done (as it today mostly is the case), we could return our attention to spiritual worlds - but this time as masters, not servants!

There is a higher path than the primitive shamanism - one where you get things for "free", where you don't pay to any strangers. This is a path of true liberation and power, yet it is a liberation for the purpose of service and power for service. There is no payment, but there's the law of sacrifice. There's only that much a human being can handle. If you want to become something more, this path requires you to sacrifice lesser features of your life, so there's a place for the greater. And it is a lifetime effort, hardly anybody starts with it before they're 40 or so. I know some young exceptions (being one myself), who started around their 20's or sooner, but that's an individual thing.
Just one detail - don't sacrifice your ego. Don't be nice just for the sake of niceness, at all costs. If it's for a good thing, be as mean as the situation demands.

(31-01-2013 10:21 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Man I suck at explaining, luckily chas has gotten quite close to what I was trying to say. The only difference is that I try to channel my feelings of happiness and well being into those around me as well.
All right, this is a good intention. I occasionally try to do so myself. But how do you know this is what the situation demands? For example, in some situations I'd want something different. I'd want to channel feelings of misery and discontentment to people around - if they're too blind and satisfied with the terrible status quo. If things are good, we need to feel good. If things are bad, we need bad feelings to stir us into action. Feeling good all the time allows the world to go to hell without anyone doing anything about it.
All right, continue. I'll try to be more dilligent at spreading good feelings too. I just say the situation today is a bit more complicated.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
31-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Well luminon I have no real answers for you right now. I'm still in exploration mode.

Also I'm not supposed to channel negative energies at people cause that's not very nice (also it's hard because I have to be depressed to have negative energy to channel)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

31-01-2013, 11:38 AM
(31-01-2013 12:14 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Hey guys, thought I shiuld let you know that I'm not really an atheist anymore. I decided to take the path of shamanism (yes imma hippy).

The bottom line of shamanism is be nice. (which I suck at). and then there is some energy manipulation stuff as well. After that it just gets weird.

Anyway any questions you guys got I'll try and answer.
Early after my exit from Catholicism, I moved on to new age stuff for awhile. I was really hoping for some cool experiences like astral projection, healing energy, personal growth through creative visualization, etc. Looking back, I think I was desperate to fill the void left by my former faith. I quickly found that, while there were some benefits - relaxation and reduced stress, for example - there absolutely was no magic. I hope you come to that realization quickly as well.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
31-01-2013, 12:17 PM
yeah i get the no magic part. It's been a while since i blamed somehing on magic.

31-01-2013, 05:17 PM
I totally didn't see that coming from a hundred miles away, Luminion. Rolleyes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Tommorow (today) I'm off to see a psychopomp. Normally they're private, but an exception was made for me. Unfortunetely I cannot stand the magic part of shamanism so this will be kinda annoying, but I don't really want to offend the others. I'll report on how it goes.

[+] 2 users Like Xinoftruden's post
31-01-2013, 10:28 PM
What's shamanism without the magic?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
31-01-2013, 10:44 PM
(31-01-2013 10:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What's shamanism without the magic?

A Reese's cup without the peanut butter? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]