Shamanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Shamanism
(02-02-2013 03:13 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  dammit, I meant energy shit.

edit:
And it has no physical aspect apart from having to be happy to have the positive energy to direct.

I am wonder..

Exactly what is this energy? A form of radiation, maybe?

Or did I miss the post where it was explained?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
The energy shouldn't really be called that, think of it as...the power..of your emotions? I mean it cant move objects, but it has mental power.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
02-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Not that great of an energy than. Dodgy

But my emotions have no real power, any they might seem to have is false, they may motivate me, but that is just a reaction to the reaction that caused my emotion (which is itself, the product of yet another reaction).

If anything, it's the chemicals and electricity that reside within my brain which have the power. Real, measurable power too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-02-2013, 03:41 PM
So, Xino - do you refer to the power of the mind? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
(31-01-2013 12:14 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Hey guys, thought I shiuld let you know that I'm not really an atheist anymore. I decided to take the path of shamanism (yes imma hippy).
Shamanism is indeed fascinating from what I've read. Just out of curiosity, what turned you on to Shamanism suddenly? Or was this a gradual change?

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
(02-02-2013 03:13 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  dammit, I meant energy shit.

edit:
And it has no physical aspect apart from having to be happy to have the positive energy to direct.

Then it's not energy. Energy is a physical thing that can be quantified and does physical work.

You should find a new word for your thing. Perhaps "feelgoodness" and "feelbadness" (for positive and negative varieties).

EDIT: Sorry if I come across as an asshole, but really, using the word energy in a "metaphysical" or "spiritual" way always pisses me off. I work with energy. It's my thing. Energy has a definition. "Spiritual energy" does not fit it.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
(02-02-2013 03:48 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Then it's not energy. Energy is a physical thing that can be quantified and does physical work.

You should find a new word for your thing. Perhaps "feelgoodness" and "feelbadness" (for positive and negative varieties).
How about "positiveness" and "negativeness"? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes I believe in the power of the mind.

Hmmm as for a new term lets just settle on good or bad feeling.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote: The law of karma is a way to express the law of action and reaction. The
law itself is a bit more complicated, most of all it resembles
Newtonian mechanics. It is also widely misunderstood, just as free will.
Western religions think sins can be simply forgiven, eastern religions
never escape from their sins.
This is where we differ, then, because this assumes "sin" exists. Sure, there is reaction to your actions, but it appears to me these things are natural (if you punch someone in the face, and he punches you back or files a police report for assault), not supernatural. The idea that "bad" things are followed by "bad" consequences would seem to be an illusion based on the way humans tend to see agenticity and patterns where their are none. If I cast an "evil spell" on someone Monday, and I stub my toe on Tuesday, the two are not necessarily related. However, believers in woo tend to see a pattern there, and think the stubbed toe is caused by "bad" actions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
04-02-2013, 03:36 AM
How is this shamanism?