Shamanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: Shamanism
(31-01-2013 10:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  What's shamanism without the magic?

I think its the same as Shamanism with magic, because magic doesn't exist. Maybe the question should be "what is shamanism without the promise of magic?"

I'm all for exploration its how we find out new things. Please don't start thinking that you have access to knowledge the rest of us don't have because of an unsubstantiated set of beliefs that have been revealed to the shamans and not to the rest of us. There appears to be only one nature from my understanding and it is observable. Any claim of a separate nature which can affect the ours would need some major evidence because we haven't observed till now and we've been observing rather closely especially in the last century.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Im still confused as to why you call it shamanism, as I see you doing nothing that I would stereotypically associate with it (attempting to communicate with entities)

The only energy work I can think of is Reiki but that requires contact.

If it is all to do with the mind then I think your probably doing The law of attraction

How did you get with the group Xino?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Sry this took so long bemore.

This is kinda my fault, there are two main different kinds of shamanism urban and traditional. Urban shamanism is what I follow. I live in a city away from any spiritual centres so I don't have the natural connection with nature that traditional shamanism calls for.

Urban shamanism shares many of the beliefs, but has modernized as well.

hope that helps.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
(04-02-2013 08:05 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Sry this took so long bemore.

This is kinda my fault, there are two main different kinds of shamanism urban and traditional. Urban shamanism is what I follow. I live in a city away from any spiritual centres so I don't have the natural connection with nature that traditional shamanism calls for.

Urban shamanism shares many of the beliefs, but has modernized as well.

hope that helps.

No.

I still don't see the point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user