22-10-2017, 03:46 AM
RE: Share some crazy people doing scary shit

Jesus H Christ

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2017, 04:09 AM
How about some videos of people who look like they're doing crazy shit, but it's actually VFX trickery? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-10-2017, 04:17 AM
(21-10-2017 07:58 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 07:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ok, pro wreslting post, and I know "BLURGHH, ITS FAKE BLURGHH" but thought I'd share this.

Fake, yes, athleticism out the ass, yes.
'It's not "fake", it's "scripted".' At that point I usually punch the speaker in the metaphorical.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2017, 04:21 AM
(22-10-2017 04:17 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(21-10-2017 07:58 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Fake, yes, athleticism out the ass, yes.
'It's not "fake", it's "scripted".' At that point I usually punch the speaker in the metaphorical.

Pro Wrestling is soap operas for dudes. It's got all the same scripted backstabbing melodrama, but with the characters resolving their differences with folding chairs and cage matches instead of being catty at a posh soiree.

22-10-2017, 04:51 AM
You have to watch a low-grade card live to appreciate how much stage acting goes on. One guy's flat on the mat and the other guy's on the top rope, ready to jump, but the first guy is out of position so the top guy just waits. The bottom guy siddles over until he's properly spotted and then gets "jumped on". Yawn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2017, 05:00 AM
(22-10-2017 04:51 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You have to watch a low-grade card live to appreciate how much stage acting goes on. One guy's flat on the mat and the other guy's on the top rope, ready to jump, but the first guy is out of position so the top guy just waits. The bottom guy siddles over until he's properly spotted and then gets "jumped on". Yawn.

Don't mistake me, I was not trying to be derisive. Even among schlocky entertainment, there are works that excel, and the difference in skill and showmanship is palpable. I love schlock, I love big dumb monster movies, I love cheap and gritty action movies with a ton of gore, and I especially love them when they're done well by people who care (i.e. Pacific Rim and Dredd). Pro wrestling isn't my personal cup of tea, but I understand the appeal, and wouldn't fault anyone who enjoys it.

22-10-2017, 01:10 PM
> I've got to say that the scariest shit I can think of anyone doing is joining the infantry (army or marines) to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq, or whatever war we're going to get involved in next. Consider
22-10-2017, 02:30 PM
(22-10-2017 01:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I've got to say that the scariest shit I can think of anyone doing is joining the infantry (army or marines) to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq, or whatever war we're going to get involved in next. Consider

Yeah, you are probably right there. Although jumping from a building and putting your 'Faith' in a complete stranger takes some doing.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
22-10-2017, 03:36 PM
(22-10-2017 04:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-10-2017 04:17 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  'It's not "fake", it's "scripted".' At that point I usually punch the speaker in the metaphorical.

Pro Wrestling is soap operas for dudes. It's got all the same scripted backstabbing melodrama, but with the characters resolving their differences with folding chairs and cage matches instead of being catty at a posh soiree.

I agree with both of you I'm just saying I admire the physicality and athleticism of it (not that yall don't, but a lot of people dismiss that aspect of it because it's not real competition). Many of the moves look extremely risky and I bet most of these guys are on pain meds the rest of their lives.