Share your Craigslist / Kijiji experiences!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Share your Craigslist / Kijiji experiences!
I've sold quite a few things on Craigslist and Kijiji over the last few years, and hadn't really had anything interesting until very recently.

A couple days ago, I decided to de-clutter my space. I put a couple dozen things on Kijiji; which is significantly more than the 2 or 3 ads I've had going at any time before.
It seems I may have stumbled into the ass end of Kijiji... Bike parts.

So far, the only thing I've managed to sell was the thing I thought would be most difficult to sell; used cycling shoes. Of course, the guy who bought them had some strange compulsion. "When I see cheap shoes, I have to buy them."(Followed up with a deep sniff inside the shoe)

I also received a trade offer of parts for blowjobs.

The thing that has bothered me most though, is that the kind of people attracted to bike parts, seems to be the least reliable bunch I've ever come across. I try to give people priority based on the order in which they contact me. This turned out to be a huge waste of time, as I've had 5 no-shows in a row. Censored

Anybody have any good stories or frustrations?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: Share your Craigslist / Kijiji experiences!
There are a couple local Facebook pages for selling items. I posted a few things last weekend. Told one woman that I am home from work at 5:15 most days so she wanted me to meet her somewhere in the morning instead. When I responded when I leave for work she wanted me to just leave the stuff on the porch and she would leave the money....ummmm, nope.

Another has posted a dog crate but no matter how many people ask she won't tell us the size and there is nothing in the photo for reference. And she's pissed because of no shows.

I think I am going to Freecycle this stuff just to get it out of the house.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-07-2014, 12:44 PM
(27-07-2014 12:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are a couple local Facebook pages for selling items. I posted a few things last weekend. Told one woman that I am home from work at 5:15 most days so she wanted me to meet her somewhere in the morning instead. When I responded when I leave for work she wanted me to just leave the stuff on the porch and she would leave the money....ummmm, nope.

Another has posted a dog crate but no matter how many people ask she won't tell us the size and there is nothing in the photo for reference. And she's pissed because of no shows.

I think I am going to Freecycle this stuff just to get it out of the house.

Lol, I've never heard of the first one there.

I have had people get upset when asked for the lacking details. "Everybody keeps asking me what color it is! UUGHhhh!" - lol put that shit in the ad.

I refuse to give this stuff away. The total cost of these items I'm selling would be over $2000 brand new. I meticulously maintain my things, and they're all in great shape. Most have only been used once or twice, which is why I'm selling. The asking total for what I have posted is about $600, and I'd expect maybe $500. More than fair. I guess people see a bargain and think somethings wrong with it. It's not even lack of interest. I got a couple hundred hits, and about 30 replies in the first 24h. Nearly all of them assholes
27-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Actually, there are a few things that I am going to keep. All my aquarium equipment is going to my daughter and granddaughter. The combination vacuum/floor scrubber I will just keep till my son finally finds a house he likes...it will be his housewarming gift.

The rest I just want gone. I also take good care of stuff and hate to just give it away but don't need it cluttering up the closets any more.

The bargaining and bullshit of trying to sell this stuff is just something I don't want to deal with.

And Craig's list seems to be a favorite of the kind of people I don't want coming to the house. It's more like Creepy Craig around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-07-2014, 04:07 PM
I put a set of Mini tires on kijiji. Somebody bought them.
That is all.