Share your Embarrassing Moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Share your Embarrassing Moments
I was out for a run early this morning, just a little after sunrise, in my neighborhood. Well I suddenly go the urge to fart. So since its just me, my ipod and the dogs, I let one rip, which ended up being very loud and lasted for several steps.

Since I had my headphones in, I did not realize that there was a gentlemen standing outside in his bathrobe (he had gone to his mailbox to get the morning paper.) The look on his face was priceless as he raised his coffee cup to me in salute and "well good morning to you too!"

Oops

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Cathym112's post
10-01-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Share your Embarrassing Moments
A gentleman indeed.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
10-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Mine mostly involve saying things about people that I would never ever say to their face, and then discovering that the person in question was standing right behind me, or right around the corner, and heard every word.

Then there was the time I rode up to a stop sign on my bike, forgot to loosen my toe straps (back when people still used toe straps), and fell over. Must have been an entertaining sight for all the people in their cars.
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
One time, back in highschool, I was getting breakfast from McDonalds right before heading to school. I spilled the sticky sauce they use for their hotbuns all over my lap. Yes, the stains it left looked EXACTLY like what you are thinking, and I had to go around school like that all day.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
10-01-2014, 11:50 PM
This one time, at band camp . . .

Haha just kidding. It was at band practice. Anyway, so a part of our show involved a dance. Well the dance involved a part where we jump from standing feet together, to standing shoulder-width apart, and back to feet together. We were doing that part, but when it came for me to jump with my feet back together, I accidentally criss-crossed my legs, and so my body twisted around and I fell on the pavement.

Then this year at band practice, we were marching, and I had to do a 90-degree change in direction, and was trying to be all snappy and crisp and such, but I got too snappy, and I fell again.

Then another time this year, I was skipping on my way to band practice, and I tried to skip up onto the sidewalk, but I accidentally skipped onto the edge of the curb, and I fell again.

I fall down a lot.

Oh and then in 5th grade a girl tried to glue me to a chair. So there was that.

And then another time, at band practice, I was raising my stand, but the top of the stand came unattached, and all of my music flew off and my band director laughed at me. This was also my freshman year so this was one of the first impressions of me that people had. Yayyyy

If y'all want anymore, I have tons. My whole life is one giant embarrassing moment, but that's what makes it interesting.
[+] 2 users Like southernbelle's post
11-01-2014, 12:23 AM
(10-01-2014 11:50 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  This one time, at band camp . . .

Haha just kidding. It was at band practice. Anyway, so a part of our show involved a dance. Well the dance involved a part where we jump from standing feet together, to standing shoulder-width apart, and back to feet together. We were doing that part, but when it came for me to jump with my feet back together, I accidentally criss-crossed my legs, and so my body twisted around and I fell on the pavement.

Then this year at band practice, we were marching, and I had to do a 90-degree change in direction, and was trying to be all snappy and crisp and such, but I got too snappy, and I fell again.

Then another time this year, I was skipping on my way to band practice, and I tried to skip up onto the sidewalk, but I accidentally skipped onto the edge of the curb, and I fell again.

I fall down a lot.

Oh and then in 5th grade a girl tried to glue me to a chair. So there was that.

And then another time, at band practice, I was raising my stand, but the top of the stand came unattached, and all of my music flew off and my band director laughed at me. This was also my freshman year so this was one of the first impressions of me that people had. Yayyyy

If y'all want anymore, I have tons. My whole life is one giant embarrassing moment, but that's what makes it interesting.

Maybe find a new hobby? Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I used to teach adults employment skills. Once, I was standing in front of the room talking to them then went to sit down in my seat behind my desk, misjudged where it was at and hit the floor instead....

Not too long after that I was walking around the class and one of the learners says "pssst.... you know your fly is undone right?". I think that one was worse. Haha.

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 4 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
11-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Fell asleep on a train that took me home from a concert in Vienna after I had been up for 2 days.

I was supposed to get out at a station 4 hours later.

Instead I was woken up by he conducter at the Austrian-Swiss border 14 hours later.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
11-01-2014, 02:06 PM
[Image: 533596_304100776372925_1970513617_n.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-01-2014, 03:38 PM
(11-01-2014 11:44 AM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  I used to teach adults employment skills. Once, I was standing in front of the room talking to them then went to sit down in my seat behind my desk, misjudged where it was at and hit the floor instead....

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post