Share your embarrassing childhood stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Share your embarrassing childhood stupidity
(21-02-2014 06:29 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  - Growing up, I never had a game system of any sort. When the Sega and Playstation and Dreamcast (anyone remember that?) were big, all of my friends had them and I had nothing. Nothing but vaguely-gun-shaped sticks in the woods that I'd collect and play with on my own. Thus, when I was at school and listening to my friends ramble on with one another about what they did in their games, I had nothing to contribute. So, quite naturally for someone my age, I decided to make shit up. I'd listen to them talk about their game levels and how the game works for a while; picking up basic points and ideas and then I'd jump in and boast about how I'd done all of that stuff and more. The fun part about that was, whenever I'd make something up that wasn't possible in the real game and they'd call me out on it, I'd play it off like I'd found some secret in-game ability that none of them had found. Because "I swear it happened!" I'm sure a good many of them went home and played their games trying to find whatever monster or secret weapon or hidden level I'd pulled out of my ass and bragged to them about. (Even more amusing was when they returned to school claiming they'd found it…Guess I wasn't the only one bullshitting on the playground)

Hahahahaha! This!
Me and my brother would try all sorts of retarded stuff that our friends swore would work Laugh out load

We even tried stuff on our own hoping they would do something. Like... magic.

Which reminds me another retarded lie by my brother. He had convinced me that he was in Disney's Aladdin. As in, being inside the actual movie. He would say "look, that star over there, that's me". And I bought it. I was like, 8, so... Blush

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 04:00 PM
7: my neighbor's cat bit me so I kidnapped it, and threw it over a garden fence

7: I dressed the dog up like Left Eye Lisa from TLC

6: got yelled at for feeding the Rottweiler my T-bone steak

5: when playing hide and seek I hit in the top of the closet and didn't come down until the police found me

9: fell off the stage and broke my ankle after performing "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" from Annie

10: I bought a tube of lipstick not get to school where it all day and then forgot to take it off when I got home, you can imagine what happened next

10: I stole a book that was free anyway

14: broke my ankle AGAIN trying to get the big Dictionary down from the top shelf because I didn't think my dads thesaurus had the right words in it when we were playing Scrabble
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
21-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Miso, your chemical mixing story reminded me of some more. My friends and I loved to go in the kitchen and mix up whatever we could find, and see how it turned out.

One such instance a friend and I were making "soup", and decided to heat it up on the stove using a casserole type dish. After a few minutes cooking on high.... The glass dish shattered spilling hot "soup" all over the stove and kitchen.

Another instance a friend and I were making "brownies". We mixed up enough stuff to fill a brownie pan, and made sure the mixture at least looked brown, and baked it. It actually came out with a brownie-like texture... But needless to say they were disgusting. We left the pan, and went to play in her room instead. Her dad came home, and started eating the brownies, we had no idea! Later we saw that more were missing from the pan, and asked her dad about it. He mentioned eating them... and tried to say how delicious they were Laugh out load our shocked faces, and uncontrollable laughter gave him a clue as to what was going on. We explained how the "brownies" had been made, and a few of the ingredients... He was awfully relieved that wasn't our best attemp LOL

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
21-02-2014, 04:59 PM
(21-02-2014 04:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Miso, your chemical mixing story reminded me of some more. My friends and I loved to go in the kitchen and mix up whatever we could find, and see how it turned out.

One such instance a friend and I were making "soup", and decided to heat it up on the stove using a casserole type dish. After a few minutes cooking on high.... The glass dish shattered spilling hot "soup" all over the stove and kitchen.

Another instance a friend and I were making "brownies". We mixed up enough stuff to fill a brownie pan, and made sure the mixture at least looked brown, and baked it. It actually came out with a brownie-like texture... But needless to say they were disgusting. We left the pan, and went to play in her room instead. Her dad came home, and started eating the brownies, we had no idea! Later we saw that more were missing from the pan, and asked her dad about it. He mentioned eating them... and tried to say how delicious they were Laugh out load our shocked faces, and uncontrollable laughter gave him a clue as to what was going on. We explained how the "brownies" had been made, and a few of the ingredients... He was awfully relieved that wasn't our best attemp LOL

Aaaah this reminds me of the "soups" we made in fast food places before leaving. We'd leave some of the coke in the cup and put some fries, burger, ketchup, any leftovers in general in there and mush it all down. I'm pretty sure most kids did that though Big Grin

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-02-2014, 08:07 PM
When I was in Kindergarten I loved Indians and wanted to be one. One day at the craft table I snuck some scissors under the table and cut slits all up my dress to make fringe. I was so excited because I happened to have the idea when coincidentally I was wearing my favorite dress. All the way home I was imagining making a leather pouch to keep my arrowheads in and what kind of feathers I was going to wear in my hair. Instead my mom threw away my dress!

When I was 6 my dog Brownie, who I loved very much, was diagnosed with cancer and I was told that he was going to die. I didn't know that it would be months and not days until he passed. He was an outdoor dog but always slept next to our glass backyard door. For a week I would sneak down stairs after bedtime and watch him. I would fall asleep curled up next to the door and sometimes with my face pressed up against the glass. My parents would always find me before they went to bed.

I used to put every single stuffed animal I had under my covers because I thought they had feelings and I didn't want anyone to feel sad that I didn't let them in my bed.

On a family vacation I caught some lightning bugs, put them in a jar and took them on the airplane trip back home. I thought I was going to be a hero to all of the kids that lived in California. I was so surprised that no one had thought of it before. In my mind they were going to have babies and slowly California would have the best thing the mid west could offer, lightning bugs!

For a while I was a ladybug breeder. I took my parent's cassette tape cases and empty them. I had about 20-30 cases and kept them in a cassette zip up organizer. Each one had a lady bug larva, single ladybug, or lady bug couple that I found mating. I lived in a woodsy area so I could always find aphids to feed them with. Once the ladybugs laid eggs I would let them go to make room for all of the larva that were going to hatch. I was going to sell them like Home Depot.

When I grew up I was going to be a horse/animal trainer. But if that didn't work out I was going to make walking sticks and canes. I got the idea when I sanded this great walking stick that I found that even had a knob on the top that I planned on whittling a design into. It was going to be the perfect job because I loved hiking and finding sticks and I liked that I would be making something that helped people.

In school I loved pouring glue into my hands and peeling the skin like layer of glue off. The bigger the piece of "skin" the better.
[+] 5 users Like Noelani's post
21-02-2014, 08:15 PM
My brother once smashed a brick into my face when he was 7.

He thought it wouldn`t hurt me..............

Yeah my brother isn`t the smartest bulb arround as you might guess.

When he was 6 he ran accross a pile of glowing coals left behind from a campfire believing that the coals weren`t hot because the fire is hot.....

My little brother is full of such stories, and my parents often even considered that he might be retarded.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-02-2014, 08:24 PM
(21-02-2014 08:15 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  My brother once smashed a brick into my face when he was 7.

When he was 6 he ran accross a pile of glowing coals left behind from a campfire believing that the coals weren`t hot because the fire is hot.....

My little brother is full of such stories, and my parents often even considered that he might be retarded.

Mmmm hmmm "my brother" Angel Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
21-02-2014, 08:49 PM
-I made my dog lick a gasoline stain thinking it would made him run faster when i was 8. Good thing he didn't get any negative effects (or atleast none i noticed) from this adventure.

- I once made
"the best birdcatcher TM "
with a box,elastics and a piece of wood. The only problem was it took so much force to make the doors shut that birds did just eat all the seeds and GTFO Weeping

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-02-2014, 08:57 PM
My older sister told me that if I went into the wardrobe and waited, I'd end up in Narnia, so I used to spend hours in the wardrobe, occasionally looking out of this little hole in the side of it to see if I was there yet. I don't know how long I tried this for, but when I was older my Mum told me she was worried there was something wrong with me.

When I was about, 3 or 4, my Mum thought it would be hilarious to tell my sisters and I that she was Madonna and we all believed her for a while (because she looked a bit like her, enough to fool a bunch of little kids anyway)

When I was 5 I didn't like my Mum's boyfriend, so I went in my Mum's drawer and took all her condoms and filled them with water and threw them all out of the window of our 9th floor flat. For some reason, I thought that would make them break up. I'm not sure why that story was embarrassing, but I cringe whenever I think of it.

When I was 12, I was hanging around bored outside my flat with my older sister when we came across this big empty box near the bins. It was about 4.5ft high. I bet her she couldn't lean into it and touch the bottom, so she tried to do it and ended up falling in head first and getting stuck in the box with her legs sticking out the top of it. Instead of helping her, I laughed so hard I pissed myself and ran home and left her there screaming for help. One of our neighbours heard her and came out to help her in the end.

I thought goats were male sheep until I was at least 11.

I thought cats are dogs because of that song about the old lady who swallowed a fly.

I remember trying to "trick" my Grandad into thinking my little chair was me, by taking off all my clothes and putting them on the chair (like the chair was wearing them) when I knew he was nearly home from work; and then I'd hide behind the sofa and fully expect him to think the chair was me when he came in.
[+] 1 user Likes NoraBrimstone's post
21-02-2014, 11:41 PM
(21-02-2014 08:15 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  My brother once smashed a brick into my face when he was 7.

That reminds me; my sister and I used to go outside and play on our parents' deck which overlooked the neighborhood. In the Summer, all of the trees blocked our neighbors' view of us, and one of our favorite games to play was to begin shouting at one another like we were arguing, then escalate it to sounds of violence and screaming like it was a domestic abuse situation. (We're still not sure why we enjoyed that so much)

One day, she told me to grab the back of her hair and pretend to smash her face against the railing, so I did. I started swinging her head back and forth, and I ended up getting carried away in my childish excitement and smacked her mouth against the railing 4 or 5 times before I realized what I was doing. She's lucky she didn't lose all of her teeth.

She brought that up recently; we couldn't stop laughing.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post