Share your happiness / good news!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: Share your happiness / good news!
Just got my bass clarinet back from the shop after sending it in for an overhaul (cleaning, adjustment, new pads). Its playability has jumped from about a 3 to an 8 (the other 2 points are me -- I'm new to the instrument). I now have a brand new 40-year-old bass clarinet to go with my almost-brand-new 40-year-old alto clarinet, which got the same luxury treatment a couple of years ago.

And Friday night is... Symphony night! *happy dance*

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
30-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Folks,

There is a little Indonesian lady who works in Walmart and serves in the cafe. She is such a hard worker and I always smile and try to have the right change for her. We have never chatted. Today she said "Nice to see you, Sir".

Made my day. Thumbsup

D.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Dworkin's post
01-12-2017, 05:18 AM
(30-11-2017 07:42 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Did something great/fun/amazing happen to you in 2017? Anything that brought you happiness?

I started posting in this forum.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-12-2017, 05:43 AM
(01-12-2017 05:18 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(30-11-2017 07:42 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Did something great/fun/amazing happen to you in 2017? Anything that brought you happiness?

I started posting in this forum.
Big Grin

Was that only this year?

Seems like you've been here forever.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-12-2017, 05:56 AM
It's been nearly three months since I suffered a massive heart attack. I am almost back to my regular work schedule though my weekends are filled with naps.

[Image: I3VM8A3.jpg]

Big Grin

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 12 users Like Anjele's post
01-12-2017, 06:02 AM
My son made it successfully through his freshman year in college, living at the dorm, and is now solidly into his sophomore year. A major achievement for him and a big relief for us.

My husband's still enjoying his new job from 2015, and we have much better health insurance from this job. I might even be able to afford to see a doctor sometime.

I went to Paris for the first time.

I sang at a rock festival, a first for me, and my group's name got on the T-shirt; bought the T-shirt. I played some fantastic chamber music this summer. I had to skip an orchestra audition in September but got the job anyway.

First big Holiday party happens tomorrow.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
01-12-2017, 08:41 AM
I love these, keep them coming!

I will add mine. We added a portico to our front porch and I love it! No more rain on our heads. lol

My dad, despite his horrible health problems, is still here.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
01-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Other highlights of my year:

I started watching Netflix. My favorites series were Stranger Things and Parts Unknown.

I've also been watching hundreds of David Attenborough nature programs with my wife from her collection, one episode or show a night for most of the year now. Previously I didn't realize he was so prolific.

I reread my nine Moomintroll books and ten Moomin cartoon strip collections for fun, to take a break from reading about climate change.

Finally, I saw the Andrew Wyeth retrospect at the Brandywine River Museum of Art on three separate occasions this summer.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
01-12-2017, 10:07 AM
If we're counting the whole of 2017, I have a few more goodies to add.

Joined the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.

Went on a trip down to the States -- saw the solar eclipse from southern Illinois, and spent several days in Chicago on a museum romp.

Expanded my cultural knowledge a bit by subscribing to the local ballet (my brain has a hard time trying to grok dance, but I'm getting better). Also went to see a Picasso exhibit when it came to town. (This year was also the year I got to see originals by my favourite modern artists, Lawren Harris and Piet Mondriaan.)

Rented my very first dumpster and tore out all the old plaster and insulation in the largest room in the house, then reinsulated it. I am -so- much warmer now when I sit at my desk, causing trouble on the Internet.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
I am happy that I fell asleep early in the 3rd Quarter of the Redskins Dallas game so I didn't have to watch the slaughter. Dallas 38, Skins 14.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post