Share your happiness / good news!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2017, 10:57 PM
RE: Share your happiness / good news!
I went to a ballet xmas party and exchanged xmas tree ornaments and had a great time. Lots of fantastic food and we watched Baryshnikov in an old Nutcracker video during his prime and made fun comments of his amazing physcal attributes, his super tight tights and um.... his other stuff. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
(02-12-2017 10:21 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm getting through the second wave of overtime in my second year of work. Sure, sucks that overtime happens, but I'm still getting through it.

Better than being idle, right? Reel in that dough, and get your rest in February. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-12-2017, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 08:17 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(02-12-2017 11:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-12-2017 10:21 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm getting through the second wave of overtime in my second year of work. Sure, sucks that overtime happens, but I'm still getting through it.

Better than being idle, right? Reel in that dough, and get your rest in February. Smile

Everyone gave me the impression I'd start to hate life after working. I haven't, it's just motivated me to use my free time more wisely. Consider

I guess I have a few advantages, including the advantage of usually having three days off. Also that I'm starting to have low expectations for life. I don't want to be rich or famous, for example.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
04-12-2017, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 03:46 AM by Deltabravo.)
The paper I wrote and presented in Paris last year has been picked up in the USA and is now listed on Semantic Scholar, which is an academic site set up by the Allen Institute. It wasn't listed on any academic sites so this is a big deal...not that it is going to make me rich or anything. At least it's somewhere, after several years of research and a gut-wrenching year and a half of writing the damn thing.

I also bought a ping pong table. And, I confronted my next door neighbour who was about to put up a fence and gate inside my property, thereby stealing some of my land, and he agreed to put the gate to his property on the boundary line. It's the small things in life which make the difference.
[+] 4 users Like Deltabravo's post
04-12-2017, 09:34 PM
(04-12-2017 03:23 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The paper I wrote and presented in Paris last year has been picked up in the USA and is now listed on Semantic Scholar, which is an academic site set up by the Allen Institute. It wasn't listed on any academic sites so this is a big deal...not that it is going to make me rich or anything. At least it's somewhere, after several years of research and a gut-wrenching year and a half of writing the damn thing.

Hey congrats! That's a cool accomplishment.

08-12-2017, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 05:12 PM by Kaneda.)
Published on
Tuesday, December 05, 2017
by Common Dreams

"We Don't Want to Repress": Police in Honduras Refuse Orders to Stamp Out Pro-Democracy Protests

"Amid widening violence and ongoing protests, members of the Honduras National Police force—including those within the U.S.-trained units known as the Cobras—say they are refusing to obey orders from the right-wing government of the incumbent president, Juan Orlando Hernández, who has used the security forces to crackdown on demonstrators and imposed a curfew amid allegations of voter fraud in recent elections.

"We want peace, and we will not follow government orders – we're tired of this," a spokesperson for the police told reporters outside the national police headquarters on Monday. "We aren't with a political ideology. We can't keep confronting people, and we don't want to repress and violate the rights of the Honduran people."
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
08-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Yesterday I cashed in $54.25 worth of deposit beverage containers. Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post
08-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Got snow this morning. Snow! A bunch of it, the place looked like a greeting card winter wonderland. Happens about once every 10 years down here. Took some pretty pictures of the house and yard.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
08-12-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty happy about this new piercing I got two nights ago. Was a tough baby to get but we're healing up pretty well!

[Image: IMG_20171206_212101_408_zpsjpxsmcfx.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
13-12-2017, 03:07 PM
School just let out and I'm on break! Also I get to see my friend today Smile

Stand on your own shoulders. The giants won't always be there.
[+] 1 user Likes 404ReligionNotFound's post