Share your own music here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: Share your own music here!
(20-08-2012 01:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you know what NI Massive is? Nexus 2? Synth1? z3ta+? 3xosc? Harmless? Do you even know the three basic sound shapes for a syntheizer? Do you know how to operate a mixer track? Do you know how to modify the LFOs of both volume and cutoff? Do you know how to equalize sounds? Do you know how to properly compress?

I agree with you that this would come down to a taste issue, but it sounds like you are trying to show off with your knowledge of equipment and all sorts... let me tell you that you don't need shit to make good music. I just plug my guitar into my shitty amp and turn it up load... reeaaal fuckin' loud.
I don't care for all this technical stuff with recording. Hand me some mediocre recording equipment and I'll get the soul in there. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 02:26 PM
(20-08-2012 02:08 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 01:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you know what NI Massive is? Nexus 2? Synth1? z3ta+? 3xosc? Harmless? Do you even know the three basic sound shapes for a syntheizer? Do you know how to operate a mixer track? Do you know how to modify the LFOs of both volume and cutoff? Do you know how to equalize sounds? Do you know how to properly compress?

I agree with you that this would come down to a taste issue, but it sounds like you are trying to show off with your knowledge of equipment and all sorts... let me tell you that you don't need shit to make good music. I just plug my guitar into my shitty amp and turn it up load... reeaaal fuckin' loud.
I don't care for all this technical stuff with recording. Hand me some mediocre recording equipment and I'll get the soul in there. Wink

The person's argument is about both the process and outcome. He is claiming that because there aren't people actually playing these instruments, that it is somehow disqualified as good music. These are basic synthesizers that I use or have seen others use, and if he knows so much about the process of electronic music production (in order to disqualify it as music), then he should surely know a little about the creation of the genre.

It does come down to taste, but to say whether or not it takes talent or is even music sounds completely ignorant. You can say that you don't like it, I will be fine with that. But when you criticize its merit as a music genre, production process included, you are making it personal.

How would I like it if I said that it takes no talent to play the guitar? It would be the same as saying, "It takes no talent to produce music off of a DAW."

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
20-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I can play guitar both Rythmn and Lead (im lazy though and normally just play bar/power chords)

It takes a certain set of skills to learn how to play guitar..... it takes a different set of skills to produce Electronica..... however with Electronica I can "play" almost any instrument, I can also make sounds that no instrument would make.

Once I get the beat going in my head...... once it starts to take shape on the computer screen and I have my earphones on and the rest of the world blocked out....... I too can use "soul" to produce music...... just like when im jamming with an instrument in my hands.

Wether people like it or not is up to them....... Its a creative outlet for me and thats all that matters Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
20-08-2012, 02:34 PM
(20-08-2012 02:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  How would I like it if I said that it takes no talent to play the guitar?

I would just say that you are wrong. Tongue

I can often appear like a bit of a blues or rock and roll purist sometimes, but I do agree with most of what you are saying...

There are even a couple of dubstep tracks I like. They are Legend of Zelda tunes though. Big Grin I'd like them if someone farted them.

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
20-08-2012, 02:45 PM
(20-08-2012 02:34 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 02:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  How would I like it if I said that it takes no talent to play the guitar?

I would just say that you are wrong. Tongue

I can often appear like a bit of a blues or rock and roll purist sometimes, but I do agree with most of what you are saying...

There are even a couple of dubstep tracks I like. They are Legend of Zelda tunes though. Big Grin I'd like them if someone farted them.

Yes, and that is what I have done, while also explaining why he was wrong.

I enjoy all genres. From filmscore and orchestras, to the bedroom producers. I don't care.

Hay now, you're thinking of Skrillex. ;D

Poonjab
20-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I have heard people talk about this Skrillex fellow, but I have never heard anything of his. I was talking about Ephixa. Unless you are talking about my fart comment... I hear that a lot of people don't like Skrillex, so if you are comparing his stuff to farting music then bravo, you get a cookie.

20-08-2012, 02:59 PM
(20-08-2012 02:56 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I have heard people talk about this Skrillex fellow, but I have never heard anything of his. I was talking about Ephixa. Unless you are talking about my fart comment... I hear that a lot of people don't like Skrillex, so if you are comparing his stuff to farting music then bravo, you get a cookie.

Lol, I was talking about the fart comment. He has a few growl basses that sound like a fart being rammed into a cutoff filter. But, as I said, I don't lump music in any extreme. I like some of Skrillex's tracks, and dislike others.

Poonjab
20-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Skrillex is overated in my personal opinion.

Some of his videos have like 80,000,000 + views on youtube

Me: You into dubstep???
Person: Yeah I love Skrillex
Me: (sigh)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I know very little modern music to comment on people like that... I'm stuck in the past, baby, and I'm lovin' it. Wink

20-08-2012, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 03:46 PM by Logica Humano.)
(20-08-2012 03:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  Skrillex is overated in my personal opinion.

Some of his videos have like 80,000,000 + views on youtube

Me: You into dubstep???
Person: Yeah I love Skrillex
Me: (sigh)

Aha, he is definitely overrated. But I think bashing on him for that is ridiculous. He isn't the one responsible for his fanboy's/girl's actions or for how much he is rated. ;D

(20-08-2012 03:13 PM)frankiej Wrote:  I know very little modern music to comment on people like that... I'm stuck in the past, baby, and I'm lovin' it. Wink

xD Maybe you should post something of yours on here sometime?

Poonjab