Share your own music here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Share your own music here!
No problem. Big Grin

Why thanks, I will talk to him about that.

Glad you think so.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 12:29 PM

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
20-08-2012, 12:36 PM

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
20-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Excuse me but what do you play? It's all sampled from what I heard. the drum line is boring at best. No bass line at all. good luck and start again. At least I try to play my guitar. I don't put it on here because I suck. I've played for 35 years and still wouldn't presume to call what I do good. If i rip off a Zappa riff then I would be wrong to play it on here. Yes i do know i suck at guitar. Take it from a old guy who has worked with the best. That was not music.

20-08-2012, 01:14 PM
(20-08-2012 12:55 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Excuse me but what do you play? It's all sampled from what I heard. the drum line is boring at best. No bass line at all. good luck and start again. At least I try to play my guitar. I don't put it on here because I suck. I've played for 35 years and still wouldn't presume to call what I do good. If i rip off a Zappa riff then I would be wrong to play it on here. Yes i do know i suck at guitar. Take it from a old guy who has worked with the best. That was not music.

Who are you talking to?

Poonjab
20-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I just started a new band with a mate, so hopefully I will have shit to post sometime in the future... I hope that this band survives more than a year, unlike all the other ones I have been in. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
20-08-2012, 01:31 PM
(19-08-2012 02:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Speaking of bass, listen to this. Both me and my friend decided to make some quick dupstep. Ignore the bad build ups and transitions (we were just practicing wobble basslines).

My friend makes the first 2 minutes, and I do the last 2 minutes.

This thing!
all this kind of so called music has been done. Funny thing is, It was done by people who played something. The band was called Hawkwind. In the 90's they tried space music. Real crap! They were a half way good band with a album called Hall of the mountain grill . After that they fell off the charts. Space music lasted about 3 years. I see it has never died. It's packaged in a new way but still the same old crap. Sadly no one is playing a thing. It's all computer sampled and thrown together.

20-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I may say I do know music. I have worked in the field for 20 years as a stagehand for the big shows. I ran sound for most of the bands the play halls of 20,000 people or more. I may not like to play with a band due to my own lack of talent. I know when a band is good or a track is good or it just is bad. If it offends you so be it. Someone with the guts must tell you the truth. I'm not trying to be mean with you. I am just being honest.

[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
20-08-2012, 01:56 PM
(Me in 30 years time)

You call that music kids??? Producing music with your brainwaves...... I remember when you actually had to interface with the computer with your hands.

This is music.........

Ha ha im only playing Ohio Thumbsup

What bands did you stagehand for? Bet you have some awesome tales to tell about life on the road Smile

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
20-08-2012, 01:59 PM
(20-08-2012 01:31 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 02:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Speaking of bass, listen to this. Both me and my friend decided to make some quick dupstep. Ignore the bad build ups and transitions (we were just practicing wobble basslines).

My friend makes the first 2 minutes, and I do the last 2 minutes.

This thing!
all this kind of so called music has been done. Funny thing is, It was done by people who played something. The band was called Hawkwind. In the 90's they tried space music. Real crap! They were a half way good band with a album called Hall of the mountain grill . After that they fell off the charts. Space music lasted about 3 years. I see it has never died. It's packaged in a new way but still the same old crap. Sadly no one is playing a thing. It's all computer sampled and thrown together.

This genre has been known as Dubstep for over 20 years, electronic being over 30. It is not as though it is a new thing.

If you think it lacks talent to compile a track with synthesizers and sampled drums, I invite you to sit down and mix a track. If not, shut the fuck up.

(20-08-2012 01:38 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I may say I do know music. I have worked in the field for 20 years as a stagehand for the big shows. I ran sound for most of the bands the play halls of 20,000 people or more. I may not like to play with a band due to my own lack of talent. I know when a band is good or a track is good or it just is bad. If it offends you so be it. Someone with the guts must tell you the truth. I'm not trying to be mean with you. I am just being honest.

Your time with bands means nothing to me. It seems you have your own tastes, and I have my own. What you think is horrible has a huge fanbase, me included. Post your own music here, share it, but don't start dictating what is good and what is bad unless you have the knowledge for constructive criticism. Do you know what NI Massive is? Nexus 2? Synth1? z3ta+? 3xosc? Harmless? Do you even know the three basic sound shapes for a syntheizer? Do you know how to operate a mixer track? Do you know how to modify the LFOs of both volume and cutoff? Do you know how to equalize sounds? Do you know how to properly compress?

Poonjab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do you listen to any religious music? TheLogicalAthiest 5 48 Yesterday 01:30 PM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf
  Religious Music CiderThinker 19 189 11-07-2014 12:28 PM
Last Post: bobsyeruncle
  33 Days of Music Miss Suzanne 140 1,759 17-06-2014 05:01 PM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  Indie Music Thread WeAreTheCosmos 64 1,150 07-06-2014 07:37 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  my music DawkinsFan420 1 85 04-06-2014 08:20 AM
Last Post: FreeThinker69
  Classical and Instrumental Music Thread Michael_Tadlock 14 200 29-05-2014 04:11 PM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  Days of Music? Miss Suzanne 5 108 18-04-2014 05:41 AM
Last Post: ELK12695