Sharing my atheism with my younger sister?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Sharing my atheism with my younger sister?
Agnosticism addresses knowledge; atheism addresses belief. The agnostic says, “I don't have a knowledge that God exists.” The atheist says, “I don't have a belief that God exists.” You've been under your father's roof for years and you owe it to him to ease him into how you feel. Leave the door open a little. A person's knowledge can be changed but belief if much harder.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Sharing my atheism with my younger sister?
(15-05-2015 03:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  this might sound like an odd question, but did you know your Dads friend well? If he is still within a hour or so from you, his contact info might be good to have in an emergency, or any other friends or relatives.

He has been a family friend for 20 years or so. He had what I suppose was just a crisis of faith and was only gone for about a year, (left his family and such) and is now on fire for the Lawd once again. :/

I don't have anyone nearby outside of the Christian faith that I can run to for help if I need somewhere to stay or anything like that. I have a cousin and his wife who live a couple of hours away and I think they would be safe to go to. They are lightly Christian and are science and reason loving. XD
They are in my 'if things go wrong' area of planning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply