Sharing some garden pics!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 06:25 PM
RE: Sharing some garden pics!
(21-07-2017 05:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  The carrot ends will pop up to the surface...

Ah. If I wait until they go to seed will they get sweeter?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 06:32 PM
(21-07-2017 06:25 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Now 40+ years later and about 50 pounds heavier I have things that resemble tube socks filled with wet sand. I wonder if I had supported them when they were younger if they would be perkier now.

At this point, some 40+ years later, does it really matter how perky our squeezebox is?

#sigh
21-07-2017, 06:38 PM
"At this point, some 40+ years later, does it really matter how perky our squeezebox is?"

Squeezebox, not so much. Boobs, yeah. Whenever we swing dance it matters. Some things on both our bodies keep swinging long after our feet quit moving.

(Sorry, I've really hijacked this thread now. Carry on...)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-07-2017, 06:44 PM
(21-07-2017 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 05:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  The carrot ends will pop up to the surface...

Ah. If I wait until they go to seed will they get sweeter?

No. They will get that metallic side flavor. Not recommended. And they get tougher.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2017, 06:44 PM
(21-07-2017 06:38 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "At this point, some 40+ years later, does it really matter how perky our squeezebox is?"

Squeezebox, not so much. Boobs, yeah. Whenever we swing dance it matters. Some things on both our bodies keep swinging long after our feet quit moving.

(Sorry, I've really hijacked this thread now. Carry on...)

If you learn to use the physics of them properly and respect their momentum and inertial aspects, it could make swing dancing even better. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 06:45 PM
I agree with Dom. And it seems even more true with the rainbow carrots. Especially the purple ones. Leave them in too long and they taste like dirt.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-07-2017, 06:47 PM
(21-07-2017 06:45 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I agree with Dom. And it seems even more true with the rainbow carrots. Especially the purple ones. Leave them in too long and they taste like dirt.

Too dark for garden pics. Lemme go pull out a few and take pics of them. ... I'll need a few moments to prepare myself for their execution.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 06:48 PM
(21-07-2017 06:25 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I used to use sevin dust but then a new neighbor saw the can on my porch and educated me that it kills the bees. And they had hives. Until recently when the town's new ordinances banned bee hives. Because they are idiots.

(quick side-track) I refused to wear a bra most of the time in the 70s. One it was rebellion, two uncomfortable, three pretty much flat chested anyway. Typical conversation with my mother in those years when I tried to go out:

Put on a bra.
If you didn't have feet would you wear shoes?
You have feet.
I have on shoes.

It was kind of a ritual with us. Good times.

Now 40+ years later and about 50 pounds heavier I have things that resemble tube socks filled with wet sand. I wonder if I had supported them when they were younger if they would be perkier now.

Nope, they all end up like socks filled with wet sand. The bigger they are, the lower they fall.

At least we don't have to worry about them touching the water when we sit on the toilet, like men's twins can. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
21-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Bloomin' 'eck, Dom, I so did not need that mental picture

[Image: ourW6UX.gif]

(Also, I read your previous post as "they get together". Pretty sure I'm gonna dream of sentient carrots getting it on tonight Dodgy )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
21-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Rainbow carrots are yum! I don't mind if we pick them too soon, baby carrots are extra delicious Smile

I am not sure where you live, but I just planted another batch of carrots and lettuce for fall harvest. You can continuous plant carrots. Once you pick, plant a seed.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post