Sharing some garden pics!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: Sharing some garden pics!
(21-07-2017 06:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  Bloomin' 'eck, Dom, I so did not need that mental picture

[Image: ourW6UX.gif]

(Also, I read your previous post as "they get together". Pretty sure I'm gonna dream of sentient carrots getting it on tonight Dodgy )

Hehehe! Laughat

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Tim Gunn just made my post 1000% better. Love him.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
21-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Dom, your gazebo area is beautiful. It's so inviting.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
21-07-2017, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
Here's what I got. Put these little fuckers in as seed like mid-April. So they got like a week or so less than 90 days above ground allowing a week or so to germinate. Color me unimpressed. Can I at least juice the leaves and stems? Gotta be some sort of nutritional value in there.

[Image: 9cpa0qn.jpg]

#sigh
21-07-2017, 07:16 PM
I guess they're growers, Girly, not showers Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
21-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Here's the front gate, overgrown with grapes.

[Image: gate.jpg]

Dunno what Drago the Shepherd is examining there...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
21-07-2017, 07:26 PM
(21-07-2017 07:00 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Rainbow carrots are yum! I don't mind if we pick them too soon, baby carrots are extra delicious Smile

I am not sure where you live, but I just planted another batch of carrots and lettuce for fall harvest. You can continuous plant carrots. Once you pick, plant a seed.

That is an excellent idea. I'm in zone 7A near DC but what with the global warming and whatnot I'll be in zone 8 in a year or two.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 07:29 PM
(21-07-2017 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 07:00 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Rainbow carrots are yum! I don't mind if we pick them too soon, baby carrots are extra delicious Smile

I am not sure where you live, but I just planted another batch of carrots and lettuce for fall harvest. You can continuous plant carrots. Once you pick, plant a seed.

That is an excellent idea. I'm in zone 7A near DC but what with the global warming and whatnot I'll be in zone 8 in a year or two.

I've even had them overwinter. Under snow. But I don't like growing carrots - they don't get really good if the soil is compacted too much or there are lumps.

21-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Drago is the short from/nickname of my grandfather (complete name is Dragan). The word "drag/a" means "dear", "beloved". My sister is named after him (her name is Dragomira), but is not a fan of the nickname Draga...

And now this thread truly is a garden with a little bit of everything - flowers and vegetables, and bees, and innuendos and a touch of linguistics. Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-07-2017, 07:37 PM
(21-07-2017 07:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  Drago is the short from/nickname of my grandfather (complete name is Dragan). The word "drag/a" means "dear", "beloved". My sister is named after him (her name is Dragomira), but is not a fan of the nickname Draga...

And now this thread truly is a garden with a little bit of everything - flowers and vegetables, and bees, and innuendos and a touch of linguistics. Yes

Drago was born and partially trained in East Germany, from an old East German police canine strain, picked for service and sold to a US police dept. Drago is the name he was given at birth.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post