Sharing some garden pics!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Sharing some garden pics!
(21-07-2017 08:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 08:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yep, he would if he sensed you as a threat....

No no, dude's name was Drago. From the Rocky movies. Dogs don't smell me as a threat. Don't matter if they're trained killers or not. I'm not a threat. They don''t smell me as a threat. I've always been an innocuous, sometimes annoying but never threatening, big old doofy member of the pack who they can't understand why gets preferential treatment from the Alpha Momma. ManlyGirl may be the dog whisperer, but me and dogs, we can smell each other. Somewhere, deep down in that olfactory link to their reptilian limbic system, they know that I am willing to lose an arm disemboweling them from the inside out. They don't smell that as threat, they understand it instinctively... wait, I got pics around here somewhere.

Drago would not bother you (except by smelling you all over, drinking in the history you carry with you) because you are no threat to me. He doesn't care about himself and he loves a good fight bringing down a human, 4 years of training and he always won. If he senses danger from you, he will take you out. This is no Beagle, this is a dog selected carefully for a couple hundred years for this job. Uninjured, he would be worth some $20,000. These dogs have been selected for being totally fearless, always alert, athletic and many other attributes. They are completely fearless. And the lines have been culled to include only the best of the best for many, many generations. When you meet one of his caliber, you need to forget everything you know about dogs. He recognizes only one authority, and that spot is taken.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 09:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 09:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 08:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No no, dude's name was Drago. From the Rocky movies. Dogs don't smell me as a threat. Don't matter if they're trained killers or not. I'm not a threat. They don''t smell me as a threat. I've always been an innocuous, sometimes annoying but never threatening, big old doofy member of the pack who they can't understand why gets preferential treatment from the Alpha Momma. ManlyGirl may be the dog whisperer, but me and dogs, we can smell each other. Somewhere, deep down in that olfactory link to their reptilian limbic system, they know that I am willing to lose an arm disemboweling them from the inside out. They don't smell that as threat, they understand it instinctively... wait, I got pics around here somewhere.

Drago would not bother you (except by smelling you all over, drinking in the history you carry with you) because you are no threat to me. He doesn't care about himself and he loves a good fight bringing down a human, 4 years of training and he always won. If he senses danger from you, he will take you out. This is no Beagle, this is a dog selected carefully for a couple hundred years for this job. Uninjured, he would be worth some $20,000. These dogs have been selected for being totally fearless, always alert, athletic and many other attributes. They are completely fearless. And the lines have been culled to include only the best of the best for many, many generations. When you meet one of his caliber, you need to forget everything you know about dogs. He recognizes only one authority, and that spot is taken.

I'm wondering if a trained attack dog was ordered on me if I couldn't convince it I was submitting prior to any real damage being done. I guess not if they were like those Game of Thrones hounds trained to eat people, but what about a dog properly trained to subdue, not maim? Like a dog trained to tree a bear, not kill it. If I went full passive armadillo hunched up in a motionless defensive ball on the ground would a properly trained attack dog still attack me?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-07-2017, 09:26 PM
(21-07-2017 09:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  He doesn't care about himself and he loves a good fight bringing down a human, 4 years of training and he always won.

What does that mean? I don't see how a dog could overcome a trained human with adequate protective gear. Hockey player vs. dog? I don't see how dog wins. Even without the skates and stick.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-07-2017, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 07:24 AM by Dom.)
(21-07-2017 09:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  He doesn't care about himself and he loves a good fight bringing down a human, 4 years of training and he always won.

What does that mean? I don't see how a dog could overcome a trained human with adequate protective gear. Hockey player vs. dog? I don't see how dog wins. Even without the skates and stick.

Training. Of course he always wins in training. All police canines have experienced aggression from humans, but the humans always lose. 4 years of training mean that he has subdued 2 humans or more per day for 4 years. His confidence is unshakeable.

The scenarios in training are designed to have the canine experience all sorts of different situations and always win. The fake "perps" wear protective gear under their clothes. They pose all kinds of common police situations and the dog takes them down.

And in service, with the exception of a rare incidence where a perp shoots a canine (canines are taught to disarm first and how to do it) the canine also always wins in real life. Canines only bite when there is physical resistance to being arrested, and they let go instantly when the resistance stops. Streetwise perps know their number is up when the dog spots them and stay still and never get bitten in the first place.

These dogs are raised and trained as winners. Should you ever end up as a perp in the eyes of a canine, you want to hold perfectly still. The dog won't bite unless you move.

Oh, and canines are not attack dogs, far from it. They will be happy to do nothing but pull human babies out of rushing waters instead. They are nothing like a junk yard dog. They are loving and big hams around all people. They know when and how to react. You can trust them to do the right thing. Attack dogs are crude beasts, kept that way on purpose. No comparison. Attack dogs should be illegal IMO, they have no rules, just aggression.

Anyway, totally off topic. Sorry about that. Back to peaceful gardens and all the dogs just sniff the flowers, like Drago gets to do in his retirement.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Sorry about your aging doggy Sad Dogs are such wonderful creatures. My Mille has to live to a ripe old age because our first dog had to be put down due to a rapid cancer. It was awful and I miss her so terribly.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
22-07-2017, 09:39 AM
(21-07-2017 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 06:38 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  "At this point, some 40+ years later, does it really matter how perky our squeezebox is?"

Squeezebox, not so much. Boobs, yeah. Whenever we swing dance it matters. Some things on both our bodies keep swinging long after our feet quit moving.

(Sorry, I've really hijacked this thread now. Carry on...)

If you learn to use the physics of them properly and respect their momentum and inertial aspects, it could make swing dancing even better. Big Grin

They've kind of become a danger on the dance floor. We used to only have to worry about accidentally kicking someone.

[Image: e88af9c3278dbdaa52834c5e8812b079.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
22-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Drago and his girlfriend, Velvet, on the deck.

[Image: cropbigguys.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-07-2017, 10:29 AM
I posted this elsewhere on TTA too - The two little guys enjoying the garden.

[Image: cropgardenpups.jpg]

22-07-2017, 10:36 AM
View from the deck:

[Image: deckview.jpg]

22-07-2017, 10:54 AM
My garden is a bit...messy, I guess. At least the box is.

Here I have my strawberry/cherry tomato box. In the spring the strawberries go nuts and produce very well, and as they finish the cherry tomatoes start growing and eventually overtake them. One cherry has been staked but the others are still growing.

[Image: image.jpg]

My two pepper plants. One is a tobasco plant (left) that I'll be using for drying and pickling, the other is a 'coolapeno' or non-spicy jalapeno pepper, which I'll be using for stuffing Big Grin

Next is my grape vine, which is only in its first year of growth so I only have 3 small grape clusters. Instead I currently use it to make grape leaf chips which need I mention ARE FREKKIN DELICIOUS.

Here's my mint patch, currently surrounded by roundup since it's so determined to take over the world. Somewhere in there is a blueberry bush that is somehow still alive.

And lastly my other, non-mint engulfed blueberry bush. I bought it earlier this year so it hasn't produced much and what it did produce was eaten up by the local fauna. But it'll eventually be 8 feet tall!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post