Shark Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: Shark Attack
I like that you can clearly hear him say oh shit! Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
27-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Whoa, and thats the reason I dont go in the water anymore.... my ass is just fine on dry land. Blush

I can deal with land sharks just fine. Cool

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
27-03-2014, 10:03 AM
what kind of shark was that in the video?

did he get the lionfish in the jar? they can fuck you up too, right?

I was skeered just watching him poke a stick under a rock in shadows.....you never know what's going to come out after you.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
28-03-2014, 09:09 AM
(27-03-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Note: I'm a NAUI-certified diver.

No kidding? You play golf and you dive...you know where I live Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-03-2014, 09:16 AM
(28-03-2014 09:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Note: I'm a NAUI-certified diver.

No kidding? You play golf and you dive...you know where I live Smile

I seem to have forgotten. Facepalm

KidCharlemagne is close by, too. He golfs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 09:58 AM by Full Circle.)
(27-03-2014 10:03 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what kind of shark was that in the video?

did he get the lionfish in the jar? they can fuck you up too, right?

I was skeered just watching him poke a stick under a rock in shadows.....you never know what's going to come out after you.

That was a Caribbean reef shark, max length around 8 feet. As far as the Lionfish they have venomous spines that carry a protein based neurotoxin that hurts like hell.

Poking is always and adventure Big Grin Can't tell you how many times I've gone looking for Lionfish under ledges only to have a Green moray come out to say hi!

[attachment=1978]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-03-2014, 09:20 AM
(28-03-2014 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  No kidding? You play golf and you dive...you know where I live Smile

I seem to have forgotten. Facepalm

KidCharlemagne is close by, too. He golfs.

Florida Keys Thumbsup

(And don't think for one moment I have forgotten the $1 you owe me for that bet we made last year that I won! I sent you my address then.)

28-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I used to go scuba-diving. I did my PADI rescue diver course in a flooded quarry in England during a snow blizzard. I remember putting my hand in the water once without a glove trying to fish out someone pretending to be an unconscious body and ended up with the skin on my hand being shrivelled up for several weeks afterwards. I wondered afterwards why I was bothering to learn to Scuba dive.

We all failed so had to re-do it a couple of months later in the same quarry.

I gave up scuba diving when I started learning to paraglide. It's no fun scuba diving unless you enjoy the company you are with and have a buddy that you can trust. Now that my husband has had his nose fixed and his ears are slowly unblocking, we might be able to take it up again. I have all my equipment in my parent's roof in England.

Scuba diving is the only sport where it is actually useful having small lungs. I always ended the dive with plenty of air left when everyone else was quite low.
28-03-2014, 09:29 AM
(28-03-2014 09:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I used to go scuba-diving. I did my PADI rescue diver course in a flooded quarry in England during a snow blizzard.

Scuba diving is the only sport where it is actually useful having small lungs. I always ended the dive with plenty of air left when everyone else was quite low.

I am the biggest wuss when it comes to cold water. I dive to have fun, not to see my testicles shrivel and die!

You'd make a good dive buddy then, we'll have a tank last us over two hours at some of our shallower reefs.

28-03-2014, 09:29 AM
(27-03-2014 09:51 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I like that you can clearly hear him say oh shit! Big Grin

I was snorkeling on my honeymoon when a GIANT freaking barracuda snuck up on me. I screamed so damn loud! I don't think I've *ever* screamed that loud before or since.

My husband also realized that his new bride was not going to risk her life to defend him, that my ass was going as fast as it could back to the boat. Shocking It was a fend for yourself moment. sorry dear Blush

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post