Shark Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 09:45 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Shark Attack
(28-03-2014 09:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 09:51 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I like that you can clearly hear him say oh shit! Big Grin

I was snorkeling on my honeymoon when a GIANT freaking barracuda snuck up on me. I screamed so damn loud! I don't think I've *ever* screamed that loud before or since.

My husband also realized that his new bride was not going to risk her life to defend him, that my ass was going as fast as it could back to the boat. Shocking It was a fend for yourself moment. sorry dear Blush

What, no video? I'd have paid money to have seen that!

In the afternoons on one of our sites the Great barracudas form schools of 50+ and hang suspended in the water column like miniture submarines. I have NEVER had a problem with a Barracuda, ever, but they do look menacing Blink

[attachment=1975]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 09:49 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(28-03-2014 09:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was snorkeling on my honeymoon when a GIANT freaking barracuda snuck up on me. I screamed so damn loud! I don't think I've *ever* screamed that loud before or since.

My husband also realized that his new bride was not going to risk her life to defend him, that my ass was going as fast as it could back to the boat. Shocking It was a fend for yourself moment. sorry dear Blush

What, no video? I'd have paid money to have seen that!

In the afternoons on one of our sites the Great barracudas form schools of 50+ and hang suspended in the water column like miniture submarines. I have NEVER had a problem with a Barracuda, ever, but they do look menacing Blink

my husband went back for a photo, then another couple that was in our group had the same thing happen. The girl popped her head out of the water, screamed her head off, flew back to the boat, and ditched her husband too. LOL. We were all honeymooners. She was from somewhere in South America and I couldn't understand the language she was speaking but we both saw the same one. Hand signals and terrified women speak the same thing. When she screamed the guy driving to boat jumped in because he wanted to see it.

Let me dig around for the photo, I think I have it in email. It was the size of a coffee table.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
28-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Oh, I thought it said "Stark"-Attack, it would be nice to see that.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-03-2014, 09:57 AM
A few other sharks I've photographed while out on the reefs

Bull shark
[attachment=1976]

Great hammerhead
[attachment=1977]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-03-2014, 10:19 AM
(28-03-2014 09:37 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  What, no video? I'd have paid money to have seen that!

my husband went back for a photo, then another couple that was in our group had the same thing happen. The girl popped her head out of the water, screamed her head off, flew back to the boat, and ditched her husband too. LOL. We were all honeymooners. She was from somewhere in South America and I couldn't understand the language she was speaking but we both saw the same one. Hand signals and terrified women speak the same thing. When she screamed the guy driving to boat jumped in because he wanted to see it.

Let me dig around for the photo, I think I have it in email. It was the size of a coffee table.

Here it is. It was easily 6ft long. We were in shallow water, just looking at coral and little fish and I got this eery feeling that something was "watching" me. I turned a coupled times to glance over my shoulder but didn't see it. But I couldn't shake that feeling. About the 3rd or 4th time I spun all the way around to look and it was RIGHT.FUCKING.BEHIND.ME! Seriously thought about killing the geisha looking gal that was on her honeymoon and hanging on the ladder of the boat (so her hair wouldn't get wet) just to get up the ladder of the boat.

[Image: 13469135015_6ed5a83734.jpg]

swam with some black tip reef sharks, sting rays, a humpback momma and her baby, and probably other stuff I can't remember. We were at Moorea & Bora Bora

[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-03-2014, 10:20 AM
(28-03-2014 09:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  I seem to have forgotten. Facepalm

KidCharlemagne is close by, too. He golfs.

Florida Keys Thumbsup

(And don't think for one moment I have forgotten the $1 you owe me for that bet we made last year that I won! I sent you my address then.)

I lost all my PMs - send it again.

I pay my debts. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 10:30 AM
(28-03-2014 10:19 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Seriously thought about killing the geisha looking gal that was on her honeymoon and hanging on the ladder of the boat (so her hair wouldn't get wet) just to get up the ladder of the boat.

That quote made my morning! Freaking hilarious.

You swam with Humpbacks Bowing , that must have been magical!

28-03-2014, 10:44 AM
(28-03-2014 10:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 10:19 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Seriously thought about killing the geisha looking gal that was on her honeymoon and hanging on the ladder of the boat (so her hair wouldn't get wet) just to get up the ladder of the boat.

That quote made my morning! Freaking hilarious.

You swam with Humpbacks Bowing , that must have been magical!

It was!

18-05-2014, 01:54 PM
There is a 14 foot (4.26 meters for you infidels) Great White shark headed my way. I may not be diving this Memorial holiday Gasp

http://www.ocearch.org/profile/katharine/

I will poopy my pants Unsure

18-05-2014, 02:02 PM
(18-05-2014 01:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  There is a 14 foot (4.26 meters for you infidels) Great White shark headed my way. I may not be diving this Memorial holiday Gasp

http://www.ocearch.org/profile/katharine/

I will poopy my pants Unsure

Eh.... it shows him stopping in Miami for a cuban..... um, I hear thats a good sandwhich. Angel

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post