Shaw AFB Nativity Scene

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Shaw AFB Nativity Scene
....Sigh, once again Todd Starnes is off on a rampage: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/0...ity-scene/

The Original article, written by Paul Loebe: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rockbeyondb...day-scene/

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Shaw AFB Nativity Scene
That was the first and the last opinion piece I will ever read from Todd Starnes.

Good job to the MRFF! Another battle won in the WAR ON CHRISTMAS! Poor, poor Sara Palin is obviously distraught.

Sell all "public land". That will solve so much of this problem and put money straight back into my pockets.
11-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Reactionary, that's all they got and straw man the whole thing. Doubt he even read the Air Force Instruction. There is no war on Christmas, the government can't establish or show favoritism to one religion or the other. To do this would put that faith on a pedestal and all others would be looked down upon or worse. It's just plain bad for morale, trust and unity. If they had all faiths represented at the base that would be something different.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
South Carolina…….not surprised at all.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-12-2013, 08:05 PM
they even asked them to specifically move it to the chapel grounds...but they said if they can't have it at the tree then they don't want it up.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
12-12-2013, 01:01 PM
This dude just doesn't give up: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/1...ity-scene/

Apparently, in his mind, the ONLY reason for the season is christianity. I hate ignorant people.

12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
"Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a radical anti-Christian organization"
Oh wow..I actually wondered why someone would say this and then I consider the source. FoxNews Website on the Opinion page. Of course some blow hard is gonna cite this source and be made a fool of or worse get support.
Anyone want to do a logical fallacy critique of the page? Looks like a gold mine and I just don't have the timeTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
(12-12-2013 02:43 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  "Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a radical anti-Christian organization"
Oh wow..I actually wondered why someone would say this and then I consider the source. FoxNews Website on the Opinion page. Of course some blow hard is gonna cite this source and be made a fool of or worse get support.
Anyone want to do a logical fallacy critique of the page? Looks like a gold mine and I just don't have the timeTongue

Realistically speaking isn't using the words fox news and opinion in the same breath an oxymoron? Isn't all Fox news always opinion disguised as news anyway? And they're not the only ones who do that. Undecided

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Careful you're bordering into Libel...also they are "Fair & Balance", you wanna know how I know? It says so on their website.

[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
12-12-2013, 05:54 PM
(11-12-2013 06:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  South Carolina…….not surprised at all.

Shaw is in the middle of no-damn-where SC, not far from East Jesus, SC. Went there for a couple medical appointments when we lived on Ft. Jackson.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy