She Voted For Trump. Now, Her Husband Is Being Deported

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 07:32 AM
RE: She Voted For Trump. Now, Her Husband Is Being Deported
(24-03-2017 11:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, it is irony.
But I have questions: should we enforce existing laws? or should we ignore existing laws? if "yes" what existing laws are OK to ignore? I want to know.

It's a good question given that theists are often accused of cherry-picking which 'sacred' laws they follow, by preference.

The answer is yes ... they should be enforced or ignored.

When designing a framework or a standard containing policies which provide guidance or require varying degrees of compliance (respectively), it is best practice to maintain integrity (i.e. free from error and complete) by keeping them up to date.

Standards contain words like "should" and "shall" whereas a framework is more about guidance. Shall (or shall not) is a stronger term than should (or should not).

In a quality system this is important because new members of the group (business, country, social club, religion etc.) are expected to use the quality system to learn the rules.
If a policy is out-of-date and the new member is criticised or ridiculed for following it, that new member will doubt all of the policies... the integrity of the whole system is undermined.

In Singapore, Statue 377 criminalises "unnatural" sexual acts; 377a specifically cites homosexuality as one of those illegal acts. Why then, do the authorities tolerate (permit the celebration of) the "Pink Dot Day" to celebrate homosexuality?

It's because the cost of changing it (in terms of cultural change and political capital) outweighs the cost of ignoring it.

And with a slight amendment to I'mFred's comment, the police don't choose the battles, the politicians and judiciary do.

There are websites dedicated to archaic laws that are still valid but no longer relevant... like not being allowed to drive your geese through the streets of London on a Sunday morning or a county in the USA where single women are not allowed to go parachuting.

So, to answer your question, in a quality system, policies that are out-of-date need to be flagged as such to maintain integrity. This is how you know which ones to ignore.

For a country, knowing which ones to ignore depends on the governance organisational structure (democracy, dictatorship etc.) coupled with the prevailing zeitgeist i.e. the current (voted-for, in a democracy) directives of the governing body.
Hence the lack of sympathy for the Trump voter.

For a religion ... Aliza can explain the difference between god's laws vs. man's laws in Judaism and christianity has evolved a similar notion of god's laws vs. Caesar's laws.

When two or more sets of governance systems overlap e.g. nations/states with borders and religions without borders a dominance hierarchy needs to be established for practical reasons.

The irrelevance of nearly all religious policies for a modern, secular, godless society is the reason peoples had to decide to either go with Hobbes (religion subordinate to state) or Locke (church and state separation).

Does that help?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2017, 08:58 AM
momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:I guess according to his wife and family, they should be allowed to ignore the law because they're special.
And the other people facing the same problem aren't special enough and the law should be enforced for those other people.
Or may be she believed that common sense would be applied.
momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:Personally I don't think it's really about enforcing existing laws or ignoring them. I'd like to see common sense applied to the law -- it's far less resource demanding and time consuming to just round up a bunch and ship them back to wherever.
I agree with this.

Would it be a common sense instead of releasing to deport people right after they were caught at the border?
Should we make it harder for gangs from El Salvador to come to our country? Should we make it harder for drugs to come from Mexico? Should we make it harder for coyotes to have their business?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-03-2017, 09:09 AM
(25-03-2017 08:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  Would it be a common sense instead of releasing to deport people right after they were caught at the border?
Should we make it harder for gangs from El Salvador to come to our country? Should we make it harder for drugs to come from Mexico? Should we make it harder for coyotes to have their business?

What do you think? It would be nice to hear what your thoughts are on all the questions you ask.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-03-2017, 09:11 AM
I dunno....

I would vote for Trump if they deported my ex-wife......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-03-2017, 09:12 AM
(25-03-2017 07:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 11:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, it is irony.
But I have questions: should we enforce existing laws? or should we ignore existing laws? if "yes" what existing laws are OK to ignore? I want to know.

It's a good question given that theists are often accused of cherry-picking which 'sacred' laws they follow, by preference.

The answer is yes ... they should be enforced or ignored.

When designing a framework or a standard containing policies which provide guidance or require varying degrees of compliance (respectively), it is best practice to maintain integrity (i.e. free from error and complete) by keeping them up to date.

Standards contain words like "should" and "shall" whereas a framework is more about guidance. Shall (or shall not) is a stronger term than should (or should not).

In a quality system this is important because new members of the group (business, country, social club, religion etc.) are expected to use the quality system to learn the rules.
If a policy is out-of-date and the new member is criticised or ridiculed for following it, that new member will doubt all of the policies... the integrity of the whole system is undermined.

In Singapore, Statue 377 criminalises "unnatural" sexual acts; 377a specifically cites homosexuality as one of those illegal acts. Why then, do the authorities tolerate (permit the celebration of) the "Pink Dot Day" to celebrate homosexuality?

It's because the cost of changing it (in terms of cultural change and political capital) outweighs the cost of ignoring it.

And with a slight amendment to I'mFred's comment, the police don't choose the battles, the politicians and judiciary do.

There are websites dedicated to archaic laws that are still valid but no longer relevant... like not being allowed to drive your geese through the streets of London on a Sunday morning or a county in the USA where single women are not allowed to go parachuting.

So, to answer your question, in a quality system, policies that are out-of-date need to be flagged as such to maintain integrity. This is how you know which ones to ignore.

For a country, knowing which ones to ignore depends on the governance organisational structure (democracy, dictatorship etc.) coupled with the prevailing zeitgeist i.e. the current (voted-for, in a democracy) directives of the governing body.
Hence the lack of sympathy for the Trump voter.

For a religion ... Aliza can explain the difference between god's laws vs. man's laws in Judaism and christianity has evolved a similar notion of god's laws vs. Caesar's laws.

When two or more sets of governance systems overlap e.g. nations/states with borders and regions without borders a dominance hierarchy needs to be established for practical reasons.

The irrelevance of nearly all religious policies for a modern, secular, godless society is the reason peoples had to decide to either go with Hobbes (religion subordinate to state) or Locke (church and state separation).

Does that help?

Helps me. Nicely summarized young man!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-03-2017, 09:17 AM
(25-03-2017 08:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  Or may be she believed that common sense would be applied.

There was never any indication for that. It was a broad brush right from the start. I always stood up to people comparing Trump to Hitler, but there's one thing I always fought for: Take a populist at his word - always. They will do what they say they intend, if there's any chance to do it.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
25-03-2017, 09:49 AM
(25-03-2017 09:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  Would it be a common sense instead of releasing to deport people right after they were caught at the border?

What do you think? It would be nice to hear what your thoughts are on all the questions you ask.

To answer my own questions: I think it would be common sense.
To deport this business owner makes no sense to me and it is cruel
To deport 17 year old who lived in this country most of his/her life is not common sense and it is cruel.

[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
25-03-2017, 09:54 AM
(25-03-2017 09:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno....

I would vote for Trump if they deported my ex-wife......

Big Grin

Deport her by the pussy!
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
25-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Mistake #1 - Checking in regularly with ICE.
Mistake #2 - Not hiring an illegal immigrant to impersonate you when they check in with ICE.

#sigh
25-03-2017, 10:00 PM
(25-03-2017 07:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Does that help?
Yes, it does. Thanks, DLJ