She Voted For Trump. Now, Her Husband Is Being Deported

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: She Voted For Trump. Now, Her Husband Is Being Deported
(25-03-2017 09:49 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 09:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  What do you think? It would be nice to hear what your thoughts are on all the questions you ask.

To answer my own questions: I think it would be common sense.
To deport this business owner makes no sense to me and it is cruel
To deport 17 year old who lived in this country most of his/her life is not common sense and it is cruel.

Here's the crux of the problem.

If you wanted compassion and common sense, then why did you vote Republican? They've had neither for decades. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-03-2017, 05:51 AM
(26-03-2017 03:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Here's the crux of the problem.

If you wanted compassion and common sense, then why did you vote Republican? They've had neither for decades. Drinking Beverage

I agree. Not only vote Republican but vote for the most idioc person that has ever run for that office. Jesus... I remember when the big deal was if Clinton smoked Marijuana in college. Fuck man... We all did at sometime or another. Some of us still do. This guy says whatever he wants and seemingly gets away with it. I have a feeling that it's going to come crashing down as I don't see him being able to hold office for four years. I still think there are more ties to Russia coming out in the near future and eventually they will overcome any spin they can put on them.

As far as the original part of the thread goes... I've little sympathy for someone that voted for Trump. You made your bed now lie in it. Reap the rewards of your actions.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
26-03-2017, 06:21 AM
(25-03-2017 08:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  Should we make it harder for gangs from El Salvador to come to our country? Should we make it harder for drugs to come from Mexico? Should we make it harder for coyotes to have their business?

Oh yes, we should. But not with a stupid wall, not in the age of technology.

Send out some drones, put surveillance towers in place, hire border patrol.

It's cheaper, more effective, and provides permanent employment.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-03-2017, 07:36 AM
Or countries could invest in El Salvador and Mexico to make them desirable places to live, work and raise families.

Why emigrate when you already live in a "shining city upon a hill".

He cites the original Pilgrims (immigrants) as the source of the phrase but it's from the Sermon on the Mount.

I wonder if he knew the devastation his economic philosophy would create 20 years later.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-03-2017, 07:59 AM
(26-03-2017 07:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I wonder if he knew the devastation his economic philosophy would create 20 years later.

Consider

The trickle down is the mantra he introduced. Well, diarrhea trickles down and that's about the only thing this philosophy does. They all follow Hayek as if he was the second coming. Some, like Ryan, follow Ayn Rand.
26-03-2017, 12:15 PM
(25-03-2017 08:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  
momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:I guess according to his wife and family, they should be allowed to ignore the law because they're special.
And the other people facing the same problem aren't special enough and the law should be enforced for those other people.
Or may be she believed that common sense would be applied.
momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:Personally I don't think it's really about enforcing existing laws or ignoring them. I'd like to see common sense applied to the law -- it's far less resource demanding and time consuming to just round up a bunch and ship them back to wherever.
I agree with this.

Would it be a common sense instead of releasing to deport people right after they were caught at the border?
Should we make it harder for gangs from El Salvador to come to our country? Should we make it harder for drugs to come from Mexico? Should we make it harder for coyotes to have their business?

I dunno, when running for election he pledged to be very hard on any and all illegal immigration.

It's to me, another example of people who voted against their best interests. Like all the people who voted for him then seemed surprised that he wanted to really dismantle the ACA. Or seniors who voted for him and then seemed shocked by cuts to Medicare and other programs they rely on.

In some ways I get it from his point of view -- 'the people voted for me so they must want these things too...'.

Maybe deep down they didn't think he'd win, or maybe they thought he didn't mean some of the rhetoric or they felt congress would do more to control him.

I've really got no clue.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2017, 12:24 PM
(26-03-2017 12:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe deep down they didn't think he'd win, or maybe they thought he didn't mean some of the rhetoric or they felt congress would do more to control him.

I've really got no clue.

One of the oldest mistakes in the book. Not taking a populist at their word. The only thing he can really be compared to Hitler. Back then people also said, he won't do what he says. It's just rhetorics. Well, surprise, surprise, they mean what they say and if they can get away with it, they do as they say.

I can't even begin to imagine why anyone outside the 1 percenters feels like voting republican. It's a sure way to get the sordid lead pipe treatment up the ass.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
27-03-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm not real sure which trump thread to post this in. It doesn't really matter, I guess. But someone with the username of BossRedRanger on Reddit wrote this and I like it so I thought I'd post it here.

"In his mind he won. The Reagans scoffed at visiting Mar a Cheetoh in the 80s. He's been snubbed and privately criticized by the "in crowd" elite for most of his life. Being President is confirmation that he's "made" it. His motivation for hounding President Obama was pure jealousy fueled by his racist views and personal inadequacies. Now he's got the position but none of the respect he feels he deserves.
His constant rehashing of the election is due to inadequacies. He knows he won the election , but he didn't win the people. His cries of fake news are due to inadequacies; he's a fraud being called out on it nationally. He's a rich man, but hides his returns because he's not a billionaire. He's not a total moron, but he avoids debating issues because he genuinely doesn't understand them. He is a hollow man with hollow victories.
"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul?"
Trump has skirted legal issues his entire life. He's been tied to the American mafia, shady business people, racists, nihilists, and more recently Russian oligarchs. He's sacrificed his humanity for this position and he's still a failure in his own eyes. He's the weakest, "most powerful man in the world" in the history of that phrase. He's lazy, ego centric, and willfully ignorant. His behavior shows that inside, he hates himself.
We should not pity 45. But we need to truly understand how weak he is. He has no soul. He's a man who wanted attention and power and found himself saddled with criticism and responsibilities. He's never truly had to be accountable to anyone and now he suffers for it.
Maybe he should have just sought happiness instead of horcruxes."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-03-2017, 07:59 PM
(27-03-2017 07:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "He's a man who wanted attention and power and found himself saddled with criticism and responsibilities.

^ This! I have been trying to put my finger on it and this line crystallizes it perfectly for me.

Thanks for sharing D42

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Along those lines this op-ed piece from the Huffington Post makes a similar argument.

“The president of the United States has a very difficult job, and in recent weeks we’ve all been given to wonder whether President Donald Trump really wants to do it.”

Now he is placing more and more responsibility on the shoulders of his son-in-law (a non-elected official) Jared Kushner.

"But over the weekend, the president’s philosophy on running the country suddenly became more clear. Trump wants to get a lot of work done, he just wants his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to do it.”

A new White House Office called the Office of American Innovation is being announced to be run by, drumroll, Jared Kushner.

“Kushner has been tapped to run an entirely new office with the “sweeping authority to overhaul the federal bureaucracy and fulfill key campaign promises ― such as reforming care for veterans and fighting opioid addiction.”

The writer Jason Linkins gets kudos for coming up with this gem, a day in the life of Jared Kushner (while Trump plays golf of course!)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jare...eaab6664f?

Just imagine what Kushner’s daily schedule is going to be like:

9:00-9:30: “Fox and Friends” debrief.

9:30-10:00: Provide broadband internet service to entire nation.

10:00-11:00: Stop working on providing broadband internet service to entire nation to focus on just providing it to entire government first.

11:00-11:30: Elevensies.

11:30-1:00: Working lunch to solve the intractable Israel-Palestine peace process that adults in government have been working on to no avail for decades.

1:00-1:30: What do you mean there are other places in the Middle East that need tending to? FFS, people, I can’t possibly do everything!

1:30-2:00: Daily “I can’t possibly do everything” meeting with POTUS. POTUS reminds Kushner that the AHCA went down because he was off in Aspen, skiing.

2:00-2:15: Cancel all skiing vacations for the foreseeable future.

2:15-2:30: Search for another samovar of coffee to push through the rest of the afternoon.

2:30-3:30: Develop one “transformative project for America under the banner of Trump’s $1 billion infrastructure program.”

3:30-3:45: Meeting with POTUS to discuss “transformative project.” POTUS says there is still something missing.

3:45-4:15: WHAT IS IT MISSING? COME ON KUSHNER, THINK! YOU CAN DO THIS.

4:15-4:30: Trump’s name added to transformative project. POTUS signs off.

4:30-4:45: A brief wander through the White House. How did it come to this? Didn’t life used to be so much simpler? I could have done anything. I really would have liked to own the Dodgers. Oh, man, the crack of bat, fists pounding on leather, the scents of an afternoon ballgame? Heaven is a patch of well-manicured grass, the cheers of the crowd, fathers in the upper decks teaching their freckle-faced kids how to score the game, and nothing but the expanse of a hazy Southern California afternoon ahead of you. That should have been me. That’s what I was meant to do. How did I end up here? I only vaguely remember: My name, shouted in a certain dawn … a message … a summons … There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where I could have said – no. But somehow, I missed it.

4:45-6:00: Fix the VA system, the opioid crisis, streamline government, and maybe do some trade stuff?

6:00: Fifteen hours of weeping.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post