She gonna die.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: She gonna die.
I dunno, 6 weeks on full intravenous nutrition and my husband lost every bit of muscle he ever had. Not to mention fat.

Ok, he did have a lot of healing to do. But he was given complete nutrition intravenously (what we know of nutrition anyway). When I talked to the doc about it, he said: "Well, you know it's not like eating a hamburger...".

At the end of those 6 weeks I brought him home in an ambulance in guarded condition. He was a skeleton with lose bags of skin hanging off him. He was in normal weight when he started into this thing. And he was muscular. There was literally not a muscle left on his body. He couldn't sit because his butt had zero padding and it hurt like heck.

So that was only 6 weeks, and he was given nutrition. I can't imagine anyone going for much longer - I suppose the healing took up anything he was given. (In case you wonder, with the help of medical marihuana I was able to restore his body perfectly at that time).

Personally, I did a 3 week fast once, and I felt great until I stupidly agreed to celebrate my coming off the fast in a Mexican restaurant - oh, the pain, the misery, lol!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
(09-06-2013 05:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's gonna eat your muscles next, silly, you gonna die.

you gonna die

you gonna die

This echo'd in my mind I am crying

[Image: meh.ro11033.jpg]

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-06-2013, 01:02 PM
There was a local woman that went missing 3-4 days ago. She went out into the woods, naked with a compass and a knife. All for the search to find a spiritual quest. I have no sympathy for stupid shit like this or the "light diet."

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes yumeji's post
11-06-2013, 01:03 PM
She's not gonna die! Because she is a liar! She is an older woman and a mother figure, so a certain number of people will trust her. This woman is eating three meals a day, plus snacks! If you go to her website, you will find a link to donate. But if you are stupid enough to try this, go ahead. It will strengthen the gene pool.
[+] 1 user Likes Ameron1963's post
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Dom, when the body burns protein for energy it is very inefficient compared with burning sugars or fats. The energy density of fat is much higher. Obese people really can survive famines and long winters because thats the evolutionary purpose of fat storage.

People of healthy weight, like your husband wouldn't do so good with extended fasting. The body also frequently recycles its protein, a process called autophagy. It needs new protein to make up for losses otherwise muscles will atrophy. Its only made worse when the body can't burn fat for energy. The bodys order of priority for energy burning is sugar, fat, then protein as a really inefficient last resort.

People going without food for a long time will need some protein. Maybe eat a grasshopper from time to time...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
11-06-2013, 05:40 PM
(11-06-2013 04:15 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Dom, when the body burns protein for energy it is very inefficient compared with burning sugars or fats. The energy density of fat is much higher. Obese people really can survive famines and long winters because thats the evolutionary purpose of fat storage.
People going without food for a long time will need some protein. Maybe eat a grasshopper from time to time...

I dunno how common it is, but I'm pretty sure both protein and fat can also be administered intravenously in addition to dextrose. So I think you could probably maintain or even increase your bodyweight indefinitely just through an IV. I suspect that Dom's husband's deterioration had more to do with his treatment than lack of nutrition. But I admit I dunno. Huh

Breathing - it's more art than science.
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
(11-06-2013 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:15 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Dom, when the body burns protein for energy it is very inefficient compared with burning sugars or fats. The energy density of fat is much higher. Obese people really can survive famines and long winters because thats the evolutionary purpose of fat storage.

I dunno how common it is, but I'm pretty sure both protein and fat can also be administered intravenously in addition to dextrose. So I think you could probably maintain or even increase your bodyweight indefinitely just through an IV. I suspect that Dom's husband's deterioration had more to do with his treatment than lack of nutrition. But I admit I dunno. Huh

He was getting complete nutrition, proteins, lipids, dextrose, vitamins, minerals etc. etc. Everything they have come up with so far. He just totally wasted away on that stuff.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Oh, and I had an aunt who spent 30+ years on intravenous food. She had early onset Alzheimers and was unable to move anything at age 40. They then kept her alive with intravenous feedings.

The poor woman, I am sure if she had been able to communicate she would have wanted to end it.

I am rambling here Tongue The point is that you can live on that stuff for a very long time, they got that much right. But sooner or later you look like a skeleton with skin. She looked like that too, and she started out pudgy, she had always been pudgy.

11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
(11-06-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  He was getting complete nutrition, proteins, lipids, dextrose, vitamins, minerals etc. etc. Everything they have come up with so far. He just totally wasted away on that stuff.
When I talked to the doc about it, he said: "Well, you know it's not like eating a hamburger...".

but but but, why not? If they upped the calories in the IV to the equivalent of ingesting, I dunno say 4-5Kcal/day, why wouldn't that have a similar effect to ingesting it? Huh

Breathing - it's more art than science.
11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
(11-06-2013 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  He was getting complete nutrition, proteins, lipids, dextrose, vitamins, minerals etc. etc. Everything they have come up with so far. He just totally wasted away on that stuff.
When I talked to the doc about it, he said: "Well, you know it's not like eating a hamburger...".

but but but, why not? If they upped the calories in the IV to the equivalent of ingesting, I dunno say 4-5Kcal/day, why wouldn't that have a similar effect to ingesting it? Huh

Apparently not. Maybe we don't know as much about food as we think we do. We can keep someone alive, but not in decent strength. Maybe it's the inactivity, maybe something we haven't discovered yet happens when food is absorbed the usual way. I have no doubt that there is a LOT we don't know about active ingredients in food, and how they interact with individual body chemistry and medicines etc.

Like I said, we don't know shit.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The WIFI gonna get ya Revenant77x 19 579 04-08-2013 12:41 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  ''Google's gonna kill the internet'' Kikko 14 1,850 06-09-2010 07:46 AM
Last Post: ashley.hunt60