She gonna die.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: She gonna die.
(11-06-2013 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I suspect that Dom's husband's deterioration had more to do with his treatment than lack of nutrition. But I admit I dunno. Huh

He wasn't being treated anymore. He was post-op, but he couldn't eat. He was extremely nauseous around food, and all the king's horses and all the king's men could not put his appetite back together again. Until I got him home and introduced him to Mary Jane, that is.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-06-2013, 08:08 PM
(11-06-2013 07:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I suspect that Dom's husband's deterioration had more to do with his treatment than lack of nutrition. But I admit I dunno. Huh

He wasn't being treated anymore. He was post-op, but he couldn't eat. He was extremely nauseous around food, and all the king's horses and all the king's men could not put his appetite back together again. Until I got him home and introduced him to Mary Jane, that is.

A cunning lady can be stronger than an army of men Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
13-06-2013, 12:23 PM
My Mom was a Hospice patient for the last three years of her life. Very strong woman, survived three years longer than expected. I moved in and took care of her. She was never on intravenous foods. But after she became immobile (due to a long stint in the hospital, lack of exercise) she didn't survive for long. Her mind was still clear, she didn't seem to suffer from depression. Passed away, peacefully, in her sleep. So I wonder if it was the inactivity. On the other hand, people survive coma's for longer periods of time. Age and inactivity???
13-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Inactivity will shrink your muscle mass, I am sure. And it will make you weak. But not your fat, as far as I know. Quite the opposite.

I would make millions if I could design a diet where laying on the couch watching TV would make you lose weight... Tongue

You also may be switching cause and effect - more likely she stopped moving around because she got ready to pass. When people pass peacefully, it often takes days or even weeks of constantly diminishing mobility and reduced function of organs until the organs shut down all the way.

When my husband did pass a year later, he was in good weight and muscle but less and less able to move as everything shut down very slowly. He was lucid until the very end, with long bouts of sleeping. He also had no meds - said he didn't want or need any. He was also not at all depressed, he was ok with it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I knew that she was going to pass, shortly before she did. Don't know why, but I did. She had gone through difficult times before that. The morphine caused hallucinations. But she stopped taking it and recovered! But the day she died, I was not really surprised! I was at my computer, in her room, (I pretty much lived in her room, when I wasn't at work) she had been asleep, the whole morning. I got up to check on her and there was no movement at all. No breath. I knew she was dead. I loved my mother very much, but I wasn't shocked, afraid or anything like that. I had been expecting it.
14-06-2013, 01:45 PM
"Might work. Consider She does seem to have the brains of a rutabaga." - Chas

Shouldn't rutabagas be planted, before the sunshine does its work? I think we all have to save this woman! We go to her website and recommend that she be covered in dirt! Come on, people! There's a human life at stake!
18-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Nope, she stopped ....
Story here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2013, 09:47 AM
She'll stop tomorrow - Wednesday the 18th. She seemed sensible enough - at least she started taking vitamins.
Did anyone see the movie The Machinist? Christian Bale stopped eating for that role, he had his doctor on set at all times. I think on the dvd there is an interview so it should be available on YouTube - he talks about the effects on his body. He's damn thin in that - like concentration camp thin. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-06-2013, 09:47 AM
RE: Nope, she stopped ....
(18-06-2013 09:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Story here.

Right so in other words she WAS trying to scam people out of their money, and when she didn't make thousands off the gullible populous of the internetz she gave up.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2013, 09:57 AM
(18-06-2013 09:47 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 09:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Story here.

Right so in other words she WAS trying to scam people out of their money, and when she didn't make thousands off the gullible populous of the internetz she gave up.

Hmm... I don't see it that way. Yes, I think she was hoping to make the money back for the cameras she installed but, meh... she doesn't seem too upset that she didn't get it either.

She said it was an experiment. She wasn't getting someone else to risk anything - I have to give her credit for that. Also, she showed that faith with the best(ludicrous) intensions can run aground - it's fallible and it's a human thing - no miracles involved. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein