She's an anti-vaxxer, too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2013, 04:15 AM
She's an anti-vaxxer, too
I'm still recovering after learning that someone I'm close to has bought the hype of the anti-vaccine crowd. Sad

I'm planning a new section of my blog intended for educational purposes, and the vaccine discussion will definitely be part of that....

I just can't believe she got sucked in... I mean, theism doesn't mean you take leave of ALL your senses....right?

*sigh*

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
17-06-2013, 04:28 AM
RE: She's an anti-vaxxer, too
(17-06-2013 04:15 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  I'm still recovering after learning that someone I'm close to has bought the hype of the anti-vaccine crowd. Sad

I'm planning a new section of my blog intended for educational purposes, and the vaccine discussion will definitely be part of that....

I just can't believe she got sucked in... I mean, theism doesn't mean you take leave of ALL your senses....right?

*sigh*

Here's an article about what can happen when you do not vaccinate. Already a thread about this is the Pseudoscience section but figure it would be helpful for you to show to your friend.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013...776327.htm

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I actually referenced that article when I was talking to her the other day....that's how I learned her position. She & I have this weird dynamic in which we're afraid to argue with each other (long, complex history), so when I told her the vaccine-autism link has already been proven false, she's like, "I don't know....it's hard to say...." So I'm not sure if she was playing it down because she's really on the fence, or to avoid arguing with me. I also made sure to tell her the public risk of a parent not vaccinating their child.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
17-06-2013, 09:30 AM
(17-06-2013 05:01 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  Yeah, I actually referenced that article when I was talking to her the other day....that's how I learned her position. She & I have this weird dynamic in which we're afraid to argue with each other (long, complex history), so when I told her the vaccine-autism link has already been proven false, she's like, "I don't know....it's hard to say...." So I'm not sure if she was playing it down because she's really on the fence, or to avoid arguing with me. I also made sure to tell her the public risk of a parent not vaccinating their child.

Well if you want to be sneaky and manipulative Evil_monster personalise it for her. Tell her exactly what would happen to her little bundle of joy if it were to contract one of the diseases we vaccinate for. Note: Yes I am telling him to make an argument to emotion it may be a fallacy but it works, bitches. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Get her to watch this.

They do a wonderful job at educating people.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
18-06-2013, 04:57 AM
HamataK, can you post the URL? My phone is my only internet & isn't showing the video....

[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
18-06-2013, 05:11 AM
(18-06-2013 04:57 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  HamataK, can you post the URL? My phone is my only internet & isn't showing the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...0IvM8c-Pew

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Awesome video. Thumbsup

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomache because it makes me wonder if she'd renounce real medicine for sham alternative crap. That notion scares me because I'll be one of her caregivers when she gets old......