Shipping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Shipping
I can't say I've ever really understood the appeal.

However, Kirk and Spock are so obviously in love I just consider that canon.

[Image: roflbotknm5-300x225.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 01:26 PM
(17-11-2013 01:14 PM)amyb Wrote:  I can't say I've ever really understood the appeal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-11-2013, 01:46 PM
(17-11-2013 11:48 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Harry Potter

Harry/Hermione

HarryHarem

Sherlock

Sherlock/Molly

Arrow

Oliver/Felicity

Bates Motel

Norman/Norma

Norman/Bradley

Norman/Emma

NormanHarem

Naruto

Naruto/Hinata

Naruto/Ino

Naruto/Tenten

Naruto/Sakura

NarutoHarem.

Death Note

Light/Misa

Light/Kiyomi

LightHarem

Big Bang Theory

Sheldon/Penny

Sheldon/Amy

SheldonHarem

Howard/Bernadette

Trueblood

Sookie/Eric.

Jason/Jessica.

That's about all the pairings I care about.

I will never understand Harry/Hermione shippers
17-11-2013, 03:14 PM
(17-11-2013 01:46 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:48 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Harry Potter

Harry/Hermione

HarryHarem

Sherlock

Sherlock/Molly

Arrow

Oliver/Felicity

Bates Motel

Norman/Norma

Norman/Bradley

Norman/Emma

NormanHarem

Naruto

Naruto/Hinata

Naruto/Ino

Naruto/Tenten

Naruto/Sakura

NarutoHarem.

Death Note

Light/Misa

Light/Kiyomi

LightHarem

Big Bang Theory

Sheldon/Penny

Sheldon/Amy

SheldonHarem

Howard/Bernadette

Trueblood

Sookie/Eric.

Jason/Jessica.

That's about all the pairings I care about.

I will never understand Harry/Hermione shippers

I just think that Ron is a douche, and that Harry is way more suitable.

He certainly cares about Hermione a lot more than Ron ever did in the series.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
17-11-2013, 03:41 PM
(17-11-2013 01:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 01:14 PM)amyb Wrote:  I can't say I've ever really understood the appeal.

^_^
[Image: thyla.jpg]
17-11-2013, 05:37 PM
(17-11-2013 03:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 01:46 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I will never understand Harry/Hermione shippers

I just think that Ron is a douche, and that Harry is way more suitable.

But everyone knows Harry sees Hermione as a big sister
17-11-2013, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 06:33 PM by Atothetheist.)
(17-11-2013 05:37 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 03:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I just think that Ron is a douche, and that Harry is way more suitable.

But everyone knows Harry sees Hermione as a big sister

It's all up to interpretation of actions and emotions.

J.K Rowling is a good author, but she didn't write the romance up very well. Which is why I simply prefer a more natural progression: Harry/Hermione.

For instance:

Year One: Harry was the one who saved Hermione from the troll. Sure, you can argue that Ron did it, but remember that it was Ron that landed her in that situation in the first place. Also, Harry was the one to risk life and limb for Hermione, Ron only used a spell. Also, it was Harry who went to save Hermione, Ron wasn't the one who suggested it.

Need I also remind you that Ron only became friends with Harry because he was famous? Throughout the WHOLE series, Ron is, like his sister, only concerned with Harry, the Boy-Who-Lived, while Hermione merely commented on his fame, but otherwise treated him normally.

Year Two: This is the one of the least damning years for Ron, other than being a complete idiot. He did one of the best things in the world, which is free Harry from his abuse relatives, but he also broke his wand (which later turned out to be a good thing.) So far so good for Ron, right?

Wrong.

Hermione gets petrified, and who was the one who took it hard? Ron? Sure, he visited her but Harry was the one who spent the majority of his free time with her, and was the one who figured out what Hermione discovered.

Also, might I note that this is the book that introduces Ginny, a fan girl of Harry Potter that turns out the be the one behind the attacks, granted she was under the influence of Tom (Voldy). Might I also note that Ginny's attraction to Harry had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM? She was attracted to the Boy-Who-Lived and wanted him for herself, just like Ron wanted Harry as a friend. Hermione still is the only one who treats him normally.

Year Three: Oh Boy, tensions flare. Ron is a douche this year. Sure, he isn't that bad when you read it, but upon further inspection, you find that he was the main cause of the strife Harry had with Hermione over the Firebolt. Best part is, it was HERMIONE that was looking out for Harry. Not Ron, but Hermione. Also, Ginny, still a minor character, barely even mentioned in the book. We are left to think that Ginny still has a crush on Harry, and that it even intensified because he saved her. Make a note of this: SHE STILL DOESN'T LIKE HIM BECAUSE OF HIM. Also, Ron was ultimately useless, and Harry and Hermione saved the day.

Year Four: If you thought Ron was a still a good guy, you have to give up this year. In year forum he was a sniveling git, jealous and insecure. Hermione was left to be the peace-keeper, and even that was strained when Ron essentially revealed his Jealousy about Viktor Krum taking her to the Yule Ball. Also, who was the one that helped Harry with his Challenges? Who was loyal to him, even when he was accused of cheating, of entering in the cup while he was not of age? Hermione, that's who. Hermione was very much the better friend out of the two, and she still disregards Harry's increasing Fame, even when his other friend couldn't do it. And no, Ron does NOT get points for coming back to Harry.

Oh yeah, and Voldy came back.

Year Five: This year, Harry was being very unreasonable and Angsty. His anger at his friends for their lack of contact with him (Upon Dumbledore's insistence) is understandable, but uncalled for in some cases. Harry gets strange visions, and the introduction to my second favorite love interest for Harry is introduced:Luna. Ron isn't that bad in this year, besides being useless, yet again.

Hermione and Harry form D.A and the ugly Umbridge rears her head and gets her this year. Are you noticing a theme here? In almost every book so far, it's always been either Harry and Hermione saving the day, doing something important, or just Harry. Barely ever is Ron ever doing something great. Also, in this year, it appears that Ginny has just not recognized the fact that she has a vagina, and boobs, and that boys find that attractive, so she is snogging with pretty much everyone that isn't related to her. (How many boyfriends did she go through in that year alone?)

Year Six (The year Harry/Hermione fans cried tears of blood): Ok, we open up to year six. So far, it's been great. Harry and Hermione, so far, have been down the natural path that leads to being a couple in fiction. Hell, I was shipper before this book came out.

And then, a monkey wrench gets thrown in the cogs.

Ron and Lavender start dating, and they are extremely public with it. This rears up Hermione's jealously (by the way, there were little tones to the fact that Hermione likes Ron, while tons of tones to her fancying Harry.) which was, at least to me, very unexpected. Also, during this time Harry is taking advice from a potions book, and getting private lessons from Dumbledore (kinda creepy). This is wear I criticize J.K Rowling. Hermione's jealousy was ham-fisted at best.

And it doesn't get better from there.

We see Ginny still dating other guys, but Harry FINALLY STARTS TO NOTICE HER. AFTER FIVE YEARS OF BEING A MINOR ASS CHARACTER, HARRY FINALLY "SEES" GINNY. Suddenly, we are supposed to believe Harry has a metaphorical Lion roaring inside of him as he sees Ginny with other guys (supposedly this is J.K Rowlings attempt at conveying emotions with images... She was doing a lot better before hand.) it's kinda ridiculous, because Ginny still doesn't like Harry for being Harry, she still views him as the Boy-Who-Lived. I mean, what the fuck? How is this even remotely a good match-up. For Christ's sake, she doesn't even see the real him!!

So, moving on, Hermione sends magic birds at Ron, because she is a scorned woman who is incredibly jealous. And who is there to comfort her? Harry.

Harry is a constant in her life.

Hermione is a constant in his.

How can this not be a good set up for an amazing couple?

Also, let's discuss about the fact that Harry is by far the more considerate, superior of Ron. And I personally believe that Hermione deserves nothing less than the best. After all, she is one of the only people to really "see" Harry. I mean, for fucks sake, really J.K Rowling?!?!

Year Seven: Shit gets depressing. Harry, Ron, and Hermione go off in search of the Horocruxes. It all goes down-hill, because Ron gets insecure again, and runs off, abandoning Hermione and Harry, AGAIN.

Are you sensing a theme here?

So, Hermione and Harry are left to themselves, and they go to Godric's Hollow, where Harry's parents were living when they died. Some emotional feels happen here, and Hermione is the one who comforts Harry.

Then Ron comes back, and Hermione is furious.

So, can you understand me now?

17-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:Harry is a constant in her life.

Because it's like brother and sister.. I mean, I understand that people like them both and would like them together, but it seems not right to me.
17-11-2013, 06:29 PM
(17-11-2013 06:24 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Quote:Harry is a constant in her life.

Because it's like brother and sister.. I mean, I understand that people like them both and would like them together, but it seems not right to me.

Sure, you can interpret it that way, and Canon has made it clear. This is why I say it's all up to interpretation, and I am alright with Harry/Ginny being perceived as the "true" paring, because it IS canon.

However, I highly disagree that Ginny/Harry, or Ron/Hermione is a superior pairing to Hermione/Harry.

Plus, they aren't related by blood (not that I have any problems with incest couples, if they work, they work.)